Little Cup Theorymon Project 2.0

I doubt it'd be all that influential. Nulling other weather and giving it Fire boost on top of Water immunity is really quite stellar, and it'd only be vulnerable to things like, say, Sandshrew and Drilbur as far as weaknesses go. However since it hardly provides team support, given the weather goes away upon switching out, outside of Stealth Rock, it'd really just act as a wall to blocking Chinchou. Though I'm not necessarily able to think of a scenario in which Chinchou is completely stunted dismantling a team... 9.9

Yeah I didnt understand the Desloate Land mechanics properly lol but even without perma sun it would be great. Boosted fire attacks are always cool and being the safest switch in to Chinchou by far is pretty cool. Unless running Trace Porygon or your own Chinchou, and relying on niche lightning rod mons it is almost impossible to stop Chinchou from constantly Volt Switching with its ability to switch in to common Flying and water-types easily and then getting a Volt Switch off. It is threatening to any Ground-type that thinks about coming in because of its water STAB. Numel will have a spot on plenty of LC teams as a Stealth Rocker and a consitent presence that can switch into Chinchou. Hidden Power Ground would become more common on Chinchou after this im sure.

So this went inactive for a while, time to revive it with a cool idea that zeriloa and I talked about in the LC room few days ago:

Water Shuriken Shellder

This will obviously make Shellder really threatening in LC, having a STAB priority attack w/ 15 BP that always hits 5 times as well as Shell Smash to make it even deadlier will turn it into one of the biggest threats that is really hard to wall or revenge kill after a Shell Smash by priority like Sucker Punch from Pawniard (keep in mind that Water Shuriken has a +1 priority).

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The wacky rolls multi-hit moves manage in Little Cup could make Water Shuriken an especially deadly move, especially in the hands of Shellder at +2. Shellder would actually be very difficult to revenge kill if it's allowed to set up.

water shurkin gives Shellder a 75 BP stab priority move that's multi hitting that would make it a great Pokemon. It can be used to easily stop Onix and Dwebble leads from getting their hazards up (I haven't calced this because I'm on my phone) with the multi hit super effective move getting past sturdy. It's one of the only Pokemon if not the only one that can beat Abra both behind a sub or with sash intact 1 on 1 and it doesn't even need a shell smash boost. If Shellder wanted to run a priority move to nail Fletchling it was forced to go with Ice Shard which would leave it walled by steels now it can get past them with Water Shuriken and I mean REALLY get past them. Magnemites sturdy gets broken with the neutral damage multi hit move and the priority lets it get past endure shenanigans. It also ignores Pawnairds Sucker Punch who is an otherwise decent check to Ice Shard Shellder. This would make Shellder really strong

Oh and shoutout to Yagura who is helping me keep this project fresh with discussion.:)

yeah water shuriken shellder would be amazing. its stronger than razor shell because of multihit mechanics and has prio, so shellder doesn't even need ice shard (and unlike shard, shuriken KOs fletch at +2 even without rocks). And as Spd mentioned, it becomes one of the best revengekillers to any variant of Abra, even with sash or a sub intact. it can even OHKO evio pawn at +2 with like a layer of spikes and one crit (which is likely to happen). would be a very powerful mon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)