Big Mafia Mafia 3 - Game Over, Big City + A Fairy + Ditto Win!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Day 2

You all surround Illinois. Although one user pleads with the rest of you to spare Rssp1's life, you ignore them.

Illinois was a Cartel Goon.

It is once again easier to list those who did not vote rather than those who did:
Users said:
billymills
Aliases said:
South Dakota
It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end in 46 hours at 5 PM PST on Tuesday, March 12th.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright.

Thanks in part to the sting operation that brought you Illinois, we have over half of the living Cartel members' SMOGON names.

This means that if you all give me your aliases, the remaining pool will be multiple Cartel members and whatever neutrals are unable to hide. The Smogon users cannot provide their aliases since they are already exposed. Once we confirm all village-claiming aliases, those leftover will be turbo'd through with lynches and KP.

"B-But my aliasssssss" okay half of you received Cartel empower commands on N0. They already know your alias isn't with them. They have the info advantage right now because your alias rejected.

I would prefer if you claim your full role and N0/N1 results as well. This will help us catch out the remaining Cartel aliases based on what you can offer.

"Why should I trust youuuuuuuu" bruh how many more mafia do I need to flip? My role is one that multiple other villagers know of and can all agree that if it began as an off-village mole there would be virtually no way the village could function. If you really want to be paranoid, I don't even have to link your alias to your Smogon name to anyone, I can just provide the Open Gooning Report once I have all claims.

This does not mean that all other police officers are trustworthy. At this point in time LonelyNess is NOT within the upper trusted circle and I will ask that you do not provide him your claims. This isn't to say he is or isn't the mole (or that there even 100% is one), but at this time he is not someone I will share your information with.

As results come in that verify town actions, we will begin to make clusters of likely-villagers who are proven so that you can interact and feel a little more involved. It will not be expected you share role/alias info with these people, and you can decline to join if you want. There is always the risk of conversion at some point blah blah... you can let me know in the comments below if you find this paranoia state fun or not but for those who want to try to be like, involved, it's something we want to offer once I get these CLAIMS.

PLEASE do not let this opportunity to oust over half the Cartel's alliances for free slip by. Again, Cartel probably already knows you aren't one of them, and we can focus on whatever tf is up with the Psychopath. Let me go on a quest to destroy the wolf, as the wolf has destroyed so many games in the past.

Don't make me come to your DMs. Come to mine.

Yeti

dark saturday
an alias either is or isn't village

if it's tied to an outted Smogon name, it cannot be claimed without outting itself

thus, any alias left in the pool is safe to lynch through

i am quite confident in that

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know it's annoying to be not in the loop when it comes to information... and trust me i'm not thrilled about a public disavowal. This is unfortunately just the nature of big OC mafias. Someone's gotta be the village leader. And that leader is going to be stingy with information.

But at the very least i am very confident that Yeti herself is clean. So if you haven't yet, it is absolutely paramount that you provide her with a role claim at a bare minimum. Being able to properly aim our abilities is necessary if we want to continue to have this hot streak that we've started the game with.

With regards to aliases, I understand the hesitation, and I am not here to tell you that you should give her your alias. I do not personally know who she's decided to put in the "upper crust" of the village leadership, so I don't know the means she used to clean them. Trust that at your own peril. The only thing I'll say is that I did give her mine. Will I survive the night for having done so? Who knows. But that's all I'll say about that.

I know it's annoying to be not in the loop when it comes to information... and trust me i'm not thrilled about a public disavowal. This is unfortunately just the nature of big OC mafias. Someone's gotta be the village leader. And that leader is going to be stingy with information.

But at the very least i am very confident that Yeti herself is clean. So if you haven't yet, it is absolutely paramount that you provide her with a role claim at a bare minimum. Being able to properly aim our abilities is necessary if we want to continue to have this hot streak that we've started the game with.

With regards to aliases, I understand the hesitation, and I am not here to tell you that you should give her your alias. I do not personally know who she's decided to put in the "upper crust" of the village leadership, so I don't know the means she used to clean them. Trust that at your own peril. The only thing I'll say is that I did give her mine. Will I survive the night for having done so? Who knows. But that's all I'll say about that.
How can you be confident she has not been converted

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
how do you propose the village can find scum and solve babs?

what are they supposed to do?
No, I think you owe it to people to explain how this situation universally benefits the village and not only yourself rather than shutting down anyone else's concerns or dissent without addressing them. I have already explained my stance on this with you and some of the people in my miller group in private but I think it's better if I explain my own concerns publicly, perhaps someone else who actually supports this plan that sees something I don't can re-assure me here.
  • Why are you so sure that only mafia leaders will attempt to fake claim but not goons?
  • How does this plan deal with unknown variables? In particular how do you expect to find the leaders that have blended in if you are ultimately going to rely on inspect results? What about the wolf and other hostile neutrals? We are still very early in the game and have very little knowledge about how all of the bastard mechanics really work. Why are you in such a rush? Why not actually try to spend some time having actual discussions thinking of some alternative plan to work out playing the game in a different and more clever way instead of just brute forcing it?
  • So far we have only flipped goons and still no nothing about their inner circle, and this plan is more likely to continue flipping more goons when we need to start finding and removing their power roles.
  • And most importantly: How does this plan deal with the very real possibility of you being converted? If all info is not only centralized under one person, but in fact the same one that has access to their subordinates inspect results regardless of their will, I think it should be very easy to see that this game is going to turn into a race between evil factions finding your alias before they are eliminated (the mafia and probably the wolf) and recruiting you. This creates a win-win situation for you (but not the rest of the village) since you are pretty much guaranteeing you will be aligned with the strongest team no matter the situation.
To be quite clear, I think all this group clustering stuff is exactly the type of direction we should be moving for, but we should be doing that first, NOT giving your aliases one person and just blindly trusting them. And if it had to be just one person, it should NOT be the commissioner that has all inspection results funneled to them no matter what their alliance, that's just incredibly reckless and risky for the rest of us.

Yeti

dark saturday
the role that gets results funneled to it cannot be converted for exactly this reason that it's too detrimental to the village

why yall acting brand new?

what do you think is the counterplay to it otherwise?

joey

this place is a circus
is a Community Leader
Circus Leader
the role that gets results funneled to it cannot be converted for exactly this reason that it's too detrimental to the village

why yall acting brand new?

what do you think is the counterplay to it otherwise?
what is the mafia/3p counterplay to your role as described? it goes in both directions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)