Big Mafia Mafia 3 - Game Over, Big City + A Fairy + Ditto Win!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
anyway as for bass's point about "how can we trust info roles" etc

maybe we can't! that wolf flip sure is weird!

can trust that stuff like this:

Yeti — Today at 7:51 PM
i would appreciate alias and full claim/results, please
Leon Yorunaki — Today at 8:11 PM
Why should I trust you my alias and role?
Yeti — Today at 8:13 PM
i am confirmed town and have lynched scum
what else do you need
Leon Yorunaki — Today at 8:13 PM
It's because I'm scum, lol
GL trying to guess my alias

is gonna lead to outting scum aliases

or does anyone disagree that IF a village role immune to recruits can compile all alias claims of the non-known cartels, the remaining aliases will be cartel and allow us to hunt for the inner circle/neuts in the claimers?

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone,

I have talked to Yeti and one of her associates in the police force (aside from LN) explained the situation and did confirm that she is in fact unable to be converted. This is sufficient evidence since I doubt there could possibly be two moles on the police this early in the game, let alone their boss being one of them. This was by far the biggest concern I had with the plan and I am now more confident that this is not an issue we need to worry about any longer. I still have a few other smaller ones, but I agree that the benefits likely outweigh them, particularly isolating some more goons given we have their smogon names from DLE's moling operation.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
that sounds really lame ngl
i'm not gonna take a hard stance on whether people should claim to yeti or not, but this was a recurring 'problem' identified with 1v1 OC mafia years back, and perhaps why it died out and/or got stale. basically only the designated village leader gets to do most of the 'playing'. it wasn't necessarily the most interactive strategy, but it was a pretty ideal strat. obviously it backfires if that leader happens to be mafia, or the next person in line for leadership happens to be mafia.

Which is probably why the dividing up town into small groups that can at least discuss things is the way to go to at least make it somewhat interesting for people not in Yeti's inner circle.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Which is probably why the dividing up town into small groups that can at least discuss things is the way to go to at least make it somewhat interesting for people not in Yeti's inner circle.
Tbf this is how people should’ve been playing from the start through self-organisation. Yeti mocked me for saying that but is now trying to artificially force it among the player list. Make it make sense.

I think the likelihood of there being a role that can’t be converted is extremely low. The reason for this is that even the Psychopath example role PM doesn’t have such an immunity, and independents have far more need to be immune to conversions than Yeti’s role does. I don’t think that makes Yeti or whoever Bass talked to scum, but I do think they’re lying to try and info hoard as much as possible, which is anti-town.

Yeti

dark saturday
I mean you can organize your own little groups but don't hit me with the
:pika:
When you add a mafia member and blab your info.

I dont think it's actually the best way to play this game and am only proposing it because I have info that suggests these people may be safe and feel bad they can't be trusted enough to be involved otherwise.

Why is everyone complaining about the game as if it's over already? I've seen a lot of the same chatter about how OC is just only village leader gets to play the game. It is literally Night 2. There are a lot of people left and a lot of things that can happen. It's important to stay aware and vigilant, and to adapt to changing circumstances since literally nobody knows what all is possible in this game.

Celever

i am town
Why is everyone complaining about the game as if it's over already? I've seen a lot of the same chatter about how OC is just only village leader gets to play the game. It is literally Night 2. There are a lot of people left and a lot of things that can happen. It's important to stay aware and vigilant, and to adapt to changing circumstances since literally nobody knows what all is possible in this game.
It’s over because Yeti has positioned herself to be the kingmaker lol, her alignment just kinda wins

Yeti

dark saturday
Whatever balancing mechanisms are at play are going to clap us once we burn through the outted players. This is a huge advantage if people will go for it but by no means game over??

Celever

i am town
  • And most importantly: How does this plan deal with the very real possibility of you being converted? If all info is not only centralized under one person, but in fact the same one that has access to their subordinates inspect results regardless of their will, I think it should be very easy to see that this game is going to turn into a race between evil factions finding your alias before they are eliminated (the mafia and probably the wolf) and recruiting you. This creates a win-win situation for you (but not the rest of the village) since you are pretty much guaranteeing you will be aligned with the strongest team no matter the situation.

It’s over because Yeti has positioned herself to be the kingmaker lol, her alignment just kinda wins
This literally hasn't happened yet. And if it does then you can complain in postgame. I've seen so many complacent town just throw a game they should have won because it turns out that when organizing power is high, the margin of error is slim. This notably happened in LoTR, a game similar in structure to this one.

Celever

i am town
This literally hasn't happened yet. And if it does then you can complain in postgame. I've seen so many complacent town just throw a game they should have won because it turns out that when organizing power is high, the margin of error is slim. This notably happened in LoTR, a game similar in structure to this one.
Was LoTR bastard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)