SV Ubers Matchbox: An S/V Ubers Screen Team. PEAKED #17 ON LADDER.

They say a wise man leads his ears, but not his thoughts, often...

Same is true of undercover cops.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 2.07.09 PM.png

https://pokepast.es/6308158226c33f8e

This team I themed off of Matchbox, a great song that you should listen to. Anyway, the team is a screen team.

With Hope As Large (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

A screen team can't be a screen team without grimm. It has the basic light screen and reflect. I gave it 128 def and spdef to account for both physical and special attackers Tera ghost for dealing with ekiller, though I can'tr eccomend you commit to your tera with it. +def since most of the worst mons in this tier are physical. 0 atk IVs for that rare occasion where it's just a grimm and a ditto to decrease the struggle damage of the ditto.

Bit My Tongue (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge

Standard zac-c. Zacian has decent bulk, though it can't easily survive hits from scarfed Mirais and korais. Screens helps with this little problem, allowing it to tank them and hit 'em with a good old play rough.

Under The Radar (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Recover

This is a d-dance arc-g. Normally stone edge is used over rock slide, but I prefer rs since it's more consistent. The tera ghost for ekiller and korai problems.

Wants To Be A Star (Calyrex-Ice) @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower

This is a standard caly, save a few modifications. I know boots are usually run, but I prefer leftovers since you'll probably survive the five turns of trick room and the recovery in five turns is pretty major. the 2 spe IVs is to counter other min speed and 1 IV calys. If you can get it behind the dual screens, literally nothing will stop it except dondozo. It needs one opportunity to leave a gaping hole in the stomachs of teams, and it's easy to get a second and obliterate them.

1007-0.png

15-Passenger Van (Koraidon) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Scale Shot

This is a really basic scale shot korai. The only difference between it and most is close combat over low kick. I mainly use cc since I prefer not to get screwed up by the occasional light mon.

To The Moon (Miraidon) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Hadron Engine
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Dragon Pulse
- Agility
- Calm Mind

And last, but most definitely not least, D-dance Mirai. I used to run a max speed investment on it, but a very nice player named Heatranator told me about the benefits of HP. In addition, I used to run e-drift over para, but another great person named Red Raven spoke really highly of it. So, I tried it.
It's better. Shoutouts to both.
The HP investment allows it to tank otherwise ohkoing hits. The healing from parabolic charge allows it to tank even more of said hits. After setting up for a while, the only counter is ditto, and I have two fairy mons and an arc-g in the back. It's a very scary set.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2114843409 (proof of it here crit didn't matter you can calc if you want)

BIG STRENGTHS:

Web teams. Although you may think ribombee is a problem, it's actually a better mon for setup. if they set up sticky Web, you can switch into caly and click sd a few times, and if they don't you can taunt them and send in zacian to avoid the webs entirely.

Mirai. This is one of the few teams that can easily cleave through Mirai. The team has two fairy mons and a groundceus, so you can switch between them all easily. set up three times with the groundceus and you can ohko the majority of the meta. The big problem with this would be dracos, but thanks to the magic power of screens and parting shot pivot, the Mirai can only deal at most 34% of its health.

BIG WEAKNESSES:

Stall teams. the team is generally bad against stall, but more specifically gliscor+dondozo+ting-lu cores. the dondozo answers zacian and caly, as well as checking korai. gliscor checks Mirai. ting-lu checks grimmsnarl and Mirai. and the groundceus can't really do anything to any of them. to deal with this, I usually save my Mirai, then kill off the gliscor and/or weaken the ting-lu, then start a setup sweep.

NDM and Zacian-C. This team has a lot of difficulty with NDM and Zacian-C, same reason for both. there's a pretty big coin flip between the two of "will they try and set up on my grimm or go for the kill?" if you mess it up, you will lose the grimm. and that will mess with the team for the rest of the game. You gotta try really hard not to screw up. no pressure.

That's my screen team :)
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

They say a wise man leads his ears, but not his thoughts, often...

Same is true of undercover cops.

https://pokepast.es/fb63b33ad517bd4f

This team I themed off of Matchbox, a great song that you should listen to. Anyway, the team is a screen team.

View attachment 627216
With Hope As Large (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

A screen team can''t be a screen team without grimm. It has the basic light screen and reflect. I gave it 128 def and spdef to account for both physical and special attackers Tera ghost for dealing with ekiller, though I can'treccomend you commit to your tera with it. +def since most of the worst mons in this tier are physical. 0 atk IVs for that rare occasion where it's just a grimm and a ditto to decrease the struggle damage of the ditto.

View attachment 627219
As The Room (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast

Standard zac-c. tera ground blast to deal with mirai and ndm.

View attachment 627220
In My Car (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Steel
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Recover

This is a d-dance arc-g. Normally stone edge is used over rock slide, but I prefer rs since it's more consistent. The tera steel is mainly because of poison and caly-Ices.

Everybody I Know (Calyrex-Ice) @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower

This is a standard caly, save a few modifications. I know boots are usually run, but I prefer leftovers since you'll probably survive the five turn of trick room and the recovery in five turns is pretty major. the 2 spe IVs is to counter other min speed and 1 IV calys.

View attachment 627221
Wants To Be A Star (Koraidon) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Scale Shot

This is a really basic scale shot korai. The only difference between it and most is close combat over low kick. I mainly use cc since I prefer not to get screwed up by the occasional light mon.

Just Above (Miraidon) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Hadron Engine
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Dragon Pulse
- Agility
- Calm Mind

And last, but most definitely not least, D-dance Mirai. I used to run a max speed investment on it, but a very nice player named Heatranator told me about the benefits of HP. In addition, I used to run e-drift over para, but another great person named Red Raven spoke really highly of it. So, I tried it.
It's better. Shoutouts to both.
The HP investment allows it to tank otherwise ohkoing hits. The healing from parabolic charge allows it to tank even more of said hits. After setting up for a while, the only counter is ditto, and I have two fairy mons and an arc-g in the back. It's a very scary set.

That's my screen team :)
I'm currently laddering with it, I'll have the peak when I, well, peak.
Ok first you ABSOLUTELY need wild charge or else get walled by Ho-Oh, and not being able to touch ting-Lu is bad.
I suggest using a defensive tera type on miraidon, but that's me.
groundceus wants stone edge to one shot Ho-Oh.
you can drop some speed on groundceus, and just use tera ground or fire.
give Grimmsnarl 4 speed EVs and a impish nature with spirit break, never use a neutral nature.

alright thank you I'll change that

I would like to say I've been able to one shot all the ho-ohs I've seen with rock slide

that grimmsnarl was a mistake I already changed it to bold.

ty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)