Project Mega My Mon! (NU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mega Luxray were to get lighting rod.. Why? It's a useless ability for it because it is electric type as it is. Also, if it were to get an ability, if could be something like strong jaw or something, maybe keep intimidate.

Wow, just stumbled upon this thread and glad I did :). Anyways, I would make mega luxury an Electric/Dark type.
Stats:
80/120/79/95/79/70
80/160/99/85/99/100
(0)(+40)(+20)(-10)(+20)(+30)
Ability: Doomiate (dark Pixalate or Refrigerate)

Moveset:
-Return
-Wild Charge
-Volt Switch
-Ice Fang/Superpower

With an enormous Atk. stat, and now having the dark typing, this thing turns into a rarely seen poke, to a top tier monster. A decent base 100 speed tier, M.Luxury could outpace most of the relevant metagame. Return hits a huge 184 (I think?) base power. Meaning almost nothing can switch in. Wild Charge is a great secondary STAB, and can hit Dark resists like Granbull hard. Volt Switch allows you to be of use early game, grabbing Switch-Initiative. Finally, Ice Fang forms the BoltBeam coverage. While Superpower allows you to hit Dark resists like Pawnard harder. I think I made this thing OP, but this is how I want Mega-Luxray to be.

mega luxray should get something like this

80/120/79/95/79/70----->80/150/99/115/99/80 (0) (30) (20) (20) (20) (10)
type electric/ghost
ability shadowify (ghost pixilate)
i think luxray should get a bulkier more defense boost so it can survive longer in combat as well as getting new coverage options for example. look at the differnece
normal luxray
252 SpA Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Luxray: 294-346 (97.3 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
mega luxray
252 SpA Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Luxray: 219-258 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
normal luxray
252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Luxray: 296-351 (98.3 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
mega luxray
252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Luxray: 247-291 (81.7 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
See how good the defense boost is and now see its power
normal luxray
252 Atk Luxray Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Shelgon: 66-78 (19.7 - 23.3%) -- possible 5HKO
mega luxray
252 Atk Luxray Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Shelgon: 90-106 (26.9 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
normal luxray
252 Atk Luxray Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 88-105 (26.3 - 31.4%) -- 19.1% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery
mega luxray
252 Atk Luxray Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 118-139 (35.3 - 41.6%) -- 81.3% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
may not be the best because i chose relay bulky pokemon but its storng so deal with it

Whoever said Mega Mothim <bug/dragon> (should be megaFlygon with Megahorn)

So anyways what about everyone's favorite Plesiosaur?

Type: Water/Ice
Ability: Water Absorb, Shell Armor, Hydration (hidden ability)
Stats: 130/85/80/85/95/60
Role in team: Support, Physical Set-up Attacker
So now let's take a look and examine some of moves that Lapras already gets to see how we might go about a Mega.

Supportive: Confuse Ray, Safeguard, Roar, Toxic, Rest, Heal Bell, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Curse, Dive
Offensively: Ice Shard, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Frost Breath, Surf, Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Freeze Dry, Aqua Tail, Avalanche

**bolded are key moves

With these moves shown now let's try and think of abilities and stat spreads for a mega and this is what I am thinking...

Support Mega

Mega Lapras
Stats: 130/100/120/100/130/60
Ability: Regenerator
Bold 252hp, 200def, 40spdef, 16spatt
-Heal Bell
-Roar
-Freeze Dry/Surf
-Toxic

Outright this may not be the best set but in a tier where stall is a thing I would say this is an OK set. The choice of Freeze Dry or Surf is between getting walled by Grass and Water types or not being able to hit Fire types. In truth, if Lapras was capable of getting Scald it would be the other choice not Surf. Being an Ice type a (theoretical) Mega Lapras would still have a huge fighting weakness (and Fighting types run this tier in a sense). The Defensive bulk I think benefits a Mega Lapras more because specially you'd only have to worry about Electric attacks (since you can handle a Grass type) + Regenerator is an awesome defensive ability.

Offensive Mega

Special Mega Lapras
Stats: 130/110/100/110/95/90
Ability: Storm Drain
Modest 240hp, 252spd, 16hp
-Freeze Dry
-Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Unfortunately Lapras lacks Calm Mind or Agility, two moves it would greatly appreciate as a special sweeper. Freeze Dry is the optimal move followed by Surf for dual STAB. Rest/Talk covers any status changes you would need to worry about and its decent recovery. With all that said, having Storm Drain means you could easily switch in on hard Water types like Samurott, Feraligtr, Ludicolo, etc to get the +1 to spatt. (side note: Lapras has decent coverage moves like Psychic, Thunderbolt, and Signal Beam but without being in a better speed tier or having a boosting move it can't properly utilize them).

Physical Mega Lapras
Stats: 130/110/100/110/95/90
Ability: Water Absorb
Naughty/Naive 252att 252spd 4hp
-Dragon Dance
-Freeze Dry
-Waterfall
-Zen Headbutt/Body Slam

You may be asking why not carry Ice Shard? Well frankly speaking Lapras, on top of lacking Scald, decent recovery, and a special boosting move it also doesn't get Icicle Crash which would be the optimal move. Instead carry Freeze Dry with not only is STAB but allows you to not get walled by bulky Water types in the tier. Waterfall is your other STAB though if you are bold you can switch it for Aqua Tail at the risk of a 10% miss rate. The last slot is really up to you and how your team works. Zen Headbutt allows you to counterattack Fighting types if you manage to outspeed them after a DD. Body Slam is the decent neutral move choice with a chance of paralysis.

These are just a few things I've been thinking of today. Lapras does have a decent amount of options and I think it really does deserve a mega.
Umm you can only submit that if Lapras is the next mon for slates provided by the host of this.

Why not just have Mega Luxray be Electric/Dark with either Adaptability or Sheer Force. A boost to attack, speed, and maybe one of its defenses would do fine. Wild Charge and Crunch would be ridiculously powerful with Adaptability. Crunch and elemental fangs get Sheer Force boost.

Why not just have Mega Luxray be Electric/Dark with either Adaptability or Sheer Force. A boost to attack, speed, and maybe one of its defenses would do fine. Wild Charge and Crunch would be ridiculously powerful with Adaptability. Crunch and elemental fangs get Sheer Force boost.
Because the point of this project is to keep the 'mon in NU standards, not making it to broken for the tier.

Also with that concludes our month of Mega making and ends this project. Thank you everybody for contributing your thoughts, ideas and cool artwork :3, hope you guys had as much fun with this as me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)