Monotype Suspect: Sablenite (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliss

is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I didn't have time to go for reqs, but I guess I'll at least list my thoughts.

Mega Sableye is a really strong mega because of it's great defensive typings, amazing (pre-mega) ability and his movepool. It also has great bulk, shutting down entire teams because they didn't bring a counter to Mega Sab. With will-o-wisp it cripples physical attackers and calm mind + snarl is enough to take down any special attacker. It also has reliable recovery and prevents hazards from setting up and cannot be statussed directly. Analyzing all this, I'd go for a ban. However, what effect on the metagame would a Mega Sableye ban have?

Ghost:
Regular Sableye would be used more. This is still a very good mon, and I'd like to get a chance on using it without a Sablenite. The only other mega ghost has is Mega Banette, who has an amazing attack stat, a decent movepool with mediocre coverage and access to prankster w-o-w, pain split and DBond. I also have the feeling stall ghost would be played less and some cool mons that aren't played that much would get their time to shine. However, ghost is mostly popular because of Mega Sableye and there is a decent possibility ghost wouldn't be played much at all. However, I think losing Mega-Sableye would be Good for ghost.

Dark:
Sableye's other typing. Just like ghost, Mega Sableye is basically the only mega that gets used, which is really sad, as dark has some really cool megas to offer. A Sablenite ban would result in seeing stuff like DD Mega-Tar, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Houndoom again, which were a lot of fun to use imo. Dark is also, in my opinion, a more offensive then defensive typing. Yes, it has access to Mandibuzz, TTar and Umbreon but it has a lot of strong offensive mons that aren't used a lot because Mega Sableye turning dark into a defensive/stall type. I'd like to see Scrafty, Honchkrow, Drapion and Crawdaunt get some more use, which is probably only going to happen with a Sablenite ban. What does dark lose from the ban? It's best stallmon, and I don't think many would miss stall anyways. This made me come to the conclusion that a Sablenite ban would be Good for dark.

Psychic:
Mega Sableye can, however be used for something different then stall: offense. It has access to cm, recover, dark pulse and shadow ball; a decent moveset for an offensive mega. Psychic is weak to both of those attacks, so when Mega Sableye is switched in it's a real threat until it's set is revealed. This creates a lot of 50/50's in Mega Sableye's favor, because it can get a free cm on the switch when offensive, and gets the chance to burn something / recover health when defensive, so it would obviously be Good for psychic to have Mega Sableye gone. The question is, do we want to make psychic even stronger? As a bug/fighting user, I can safely say I don't care.

Fighting:
HJK. Mega Medicham went down in use because of Mega Sableye, and Mega Lopunny was basically the only switch-in fighting had against this physically defensive monster. I don't think any fighting user would mind that demon gone, as it created a lot of unnecessary 50/50's

Bug:
I don't think bug really cares, but as a bug main I had to throw it in there.

Fairy:
Probably the only type sad to say Mega Sableye go, as it's only weakness was fairy. Mega Sableye had high usage, making fairy a pretty decent type in a Sablenite-metagame. However, it now gets the chance to shine against worse different megas. Overall, I don't think fairy cares, as it has enough offensive pressure that got punished by Mega Sableye anyways.

After what I just wrote, I'd obviously vote Ban if I met the reqs, however I don't. I hope all of you are thinking the same about MegaSab as I am, cuz I really want to see it go.

^ mega lopunny cannot be used on fighting. And if you think mega sableye is just a stallmon you haven't been paying much attention.

Forget about ghost being popular; ghost is playable at all because of mega sableye and without it your only form of hazard control is drifblim who is otherwise worthless. Definitely not a good outcome for ghost should it get banned..

Reactions: DoW

Aliss

is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Dear god I was tired when I wrote that, making such obvious mistakes. I don't agree with you saying it's not a stallion though, it has really nice stall proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)