VGC My First VGC Team

Hello everyone. I'm quite new to the competitive Pokemon community. But I've been playing on Showdown! and taking a bit of help from a lot of people to form my first ever VGC team (come to think of it, my first ever team in general)

The objective of this team is to shutdown or gain momentum through the presence of many offensive mons as well as defensive ones. Any suggestions (and criticism, my first RMT too) are welcome.

Special thanks to the people on Pokemon Showdown who helped me with this!

Here it is.

Tigerion (Arcanine) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
Shiny:Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 188 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

This Arcanine was taken from Smogon's analysis. EV spread allows Arcanine to safely soak up some hits while supporting his team with WoW and Snarl. All in all, pretty straightforward support mon.

M-Virus (Muk-Alola) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off

I like Alolan-Muk because he can check the Tapu's amazingly well, as well as his ability to disarm defensive opponents like Porygon2 and Celesteela. Maximum Attack to hit as hard as possible, and I think Alo-Muk suffers from physical attackers, so I maximized defense as well. Knock Off to disarm, Poison Jab is Alo-Muk's only reliable attacking move. Shadow Sneak to pick off weakened targets and Protect is obvious.

Bomb (Tapu Lele) @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Protect
- Taunt
- Moonblast

This set was one recommended by a Showdown! rater. The given EV spread allows Lele to outspeed opposing Lele without Timid nature and everything below, as well as survive Maximum Attack Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer (outside of Grassy Terrain, without an item). Psychic is Lele's best STAB move. Taunt to disable bulky mons who would otherwise use Lele as setup bait (like Belly Drum Snorlax). Moonblast to handle everything Psychic can't (as well as secondary STAB) and Protect to wait out Trick Room and etc.

Trump's Wall (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water

Another set recommended by the same Showdown! user. The given spread allows Fini to soak up physical as well as special hits relatively well, and strike back with a move that has its own level of power because of the Special Attack investment. Taunt is for the same purpose Lele has it. Nature's Madness to weaken bulky targets (again, like Snorlax, or Celesteela) to be picked off by some other mon. Muddy Water because it hits two targets as well as has a chance to lower accuracy. Moonblast to rid of Dragon and Dark-types.

N-Virus (Nihilego) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Power Gem
- Protect

I originally had Nihilego as a hazard setter, but I was told that SR isn't as reliable in VGC. Instead, I use him to bring an offensive presence with his haphazard typing and strong Special Attack. Thunderbolt replaced SR for Celesteela coverage (I know, keeps popping up right?). Sludge Bomb to spread status. Power Gem is really powerful STAB. Protect to, well, Protect! ;). EV Spread allows it to hit as hard as possible.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 180 HP / 136 Def / 192 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

This guy is here because I originally had Alolan-Ninetales in his place. As I slowly realized (and was told) that the Aurora Veil support doesn't really help, I opted for Porygon2 instead. The given EV Spread allows him to survive High Jump Kick from Naive Pheromosa not holding a Life Orb. He also survives the HJK from Scarf Pheromosa without an Adamant Nature. He also survives Specs Lele's Focus Blast.

Trick Room is for when this mon partners up with Arcanine or Muk. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt give decent coverage and Recover provides longevity.

252 Atk Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs 180 HP / 136 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 146-174 (79.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 180 HP / 196+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 118-140 (64.4 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is my first ever team created. I know it probably isn't the great but any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I hope you liked it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)