New here, not sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm new to smogon, kind of.

I've actually USED this web site for over a year, just haven't used the forums up until now.

Reason: I came to Smogon just about a week ago to assemble a new BW team. Read the article on how C&C (correct me if that is not the team) is working on getting BW pokemon rated and such. (Cannot WAIT!)

I hate to be "that guy" but the forums seem a little.. unfriendly.. I didn't know exactly where i should make my first post... i was hoping for some kind of "Newcomers here!" topic to make a thread in..
anyway;

I was reading on the tutor program, and it sounds really cool and interesting, however i don't know whether i should sign up to be a tutor or a student.. How would i find out where i really lie as a pokemon player?

In almost all cases, Smogon will reward you for lurking and figuring out how it works before jumping in. You're better off never making a "I'm new, help me!" topic and figuring it all out for yourself. Trust me, you can do it.

Don't jump right into applying for a tutor position; you won't get in without being known as a good player first. Participate in tournaments, make a name for yourself, try our IRC, talk to people, and then you'll be able to tutor. Getting involved as a student in the B101 program (tutoring) is a good way to get to meet people and get integrated here at Smogon.

Lastly, to be totally honest, threads such as these are against the rules and you should be given a warning for them. However, since this thread clearly shows that you want to be a part of Smogon, I've given you a bit of leeway here. Hopefully my advice has been helpful, and hopefully sooner or later I see you participating! That said, don't make another topic like this or other staff might not be so forgiving. ;)

If you have any lasting questions about the site, feel free to PM one of our staff members and they'll try to help you. I am open to PMs if you have specific and not vague questions as well.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)