Offensive Ubers Team

Hi everyone, this is my first competitive Uber team, so I'm very interesting in your advices and all that stuff :)

So here's my team :

Mononoke (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Xerneas is the best Stag ever. And the best Fairy-type pokemon at the same time :) Geomancy boosts his Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed, giving him a HUGE power-up, and granting him the possibility of wiping a whole team which can't counter him. Moonblast and Psyshock give him the possibility of dealing with most problems, and Focus Blast can kill Steel Pokemon who are the main threats for Xerneas. Power Herb is here to Geomancy in one turn, and EVs are Speed and Special Attack to make him as dangerous as possible.

Dubrowsky (Yveltal) @ Big Root
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- U-Turn
- Substitute
Yveltal is a very good pokemon, able to deal with a lot of different threats, and have a fantastic sustain with Oblivion Wing, added to Big Root. Dark Pulse allows him to deal with common Ghost and Psychic-types, and makes him OHKO most of them with STAB and Dark Aura. U-Turn hits hard Dark-types, and allows him to switch against Xerneas and other threats.

Dundee (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Body Slam
- Crunch
Mega-Kangashkan is a beast, Parental Bond, his mega-ability make him able to hit throught Subtitute, Focus Sash and Sturdy, doubles the probabilities of flinching, freezing, etc. He access to two great priority moves, STAB Fake Out and Sucker Punch, who grants him momentum, and a lot of kills. Body Slam gives him 51% chances to paralyze an opponents, thanks to Parental Bond, and Crunch is here to easily kill Ghosts, and have a very good side-effect.

J. Grey (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Roost
Here's my Special Defender. Ho-Oh have a very good coverage with Fire/Flying type, giving him a lot of kills with STAB Brave Bird/Sacred Fire. Earthquake deals with Rock and Electric pokemon able to instakill him like Mega-Tyranitar. Roost and Regenerator are here to sustain him, as he takes a lot of self-inflicted damages with Brave Bird and Life Orb.

Lt. Ripley (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Hasty Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
I use Deoxys-A as a mixed attacker, with a kinda toolbox set. ExtremeSpeed makes him a powerful revenge killer thanks to his high priority. Superpower deals with Mega-Kangashkan, Chansey/Blissey, and Steel-type pokemon. Ice Beam kills most Dragon-types, and Psycho Boost kills Fighting-types and makes a nice STAB. The main problem is that Superpower and Psycho Boost forces him to often switch. I run a Focus Sash on him because of his very low Defensive Stats.

Darko (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability : Levitate
EVs : 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Will-O-Wisp
Giratina-Origin deals a lot of damages with Shadow Ball and Dragon Pulse. Thunder can OHKO Kyogre, and allows him to deal a lot of damages. Will-O-Wisp is always good, and may force some switch or deal the last damages to some pokemons. I run Griseous Orb as a default item, as it boosts his damages a lot. He can also be used as a good defogger, if I think that I need one.​

OK, a few things:

1. NO DEFOGGER: If you're gonna run Ho-oh, it's best if you have some way to remove entry hazards. Especially since Deo-A's presence doesn't guarantee no hazards. A good remedy to this is to change Gira-O's set to this:

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

This allows Gira-O to get rid of entry hazards, which will plague your team, Help deal with Extreme Killer Arceus via D-Tail and WoW, and still be used as an offensive answer to Ho-oh, and Mewtwo, provided full HP.

2. XERNEAS' EVs: If you are going to run a Power Herb+Geomancy Xerneas, switch the nature to modest, and put the EVs as 200 HP/252 SAtk/56 Spe. This EV spread maximizes bulk, and allows you to outrun scarfed adamant Terrakion after a Geomancy Boost.

3. LITTLE STATUS ABSORPTION: So, who is going to take a Dark void? Darkrai means that you'll probably lose 1 pokemon to sleep. A good way to get around this is by packing a sleep talk user. Ho-oh looks to be not so useful: you made him specially defensive, but are running 3 Attacks+Roost. If you really want to have an answer to sleep, and a boost to Ho-oh's offensive power, try using this:

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 HP / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Ho-oh will hit like a truck with this set. It can switch into Dark Void, and use Sleep Talk to attack Darkrai. It also hits really hard, and if you predict correctly, your opponent will take a huge hit.

4. THREATS
4a. ZEKROM: Scarf Zekrom will be painful. It outspeeds everyone on your team, and can 2HKO most of them with Bolt Strike. Only Gira-O can Evade being 2HKO'd, but it doesn't heal itself, meaning that eventually, it will break through. You will want a Ground-Type in there somewhere, Like Landorus-Therian

4b. GEOMANCY XERNEAS: If Stealth Rock is up on your side of the field, Xerneas WILL tear through your team. You need some way to stop it. I find that a good way is to use Steel-Types that can handle a Focus Blast, like Scizor.

4c. KYOGRE: You NEED a Kyogre Check, for the same reasons as Zekrom. An offensive answer to Kyogre would be Palkia.

5. YVELTAL: Big Root? Sub+U-Turn? If you use a Life Orb instead of a Big Root, you will increase your damage output by 30%, at the cost of 10% of your HP every attack. Now, as for Sub+U-Turn, a better way to hurt Dark-Types is to use FOCUS BLAST! This will be way more damaging than u-turn, and allows you to run a timid nature, helping with your bulk.

6. NO HAZARDS: Entry Hazards are really important, especially when the foe uses a Ho-oh. They can make 2HKOs into OHKOs, are vital in Removing both Focus Sashes and Ho-oh, and put pressure on your opponent to remove them. My Suggestion would be to replace Ice Beam with STEALTH ROCKS! This move is important. Also, if you run 252 SpA instead of 252 Atk, Deoxys' Psycho Boost has a chance to OHKO Rayquaza and will 2HKO most Groudons still.

Anyways, what I think is that this team has a massive weakness to entry hazards and common threats. Also, some of the sets are unorthodox, but not for the better. This team has a long way to go before it can do the job well.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I agree with a bunch of stuff said by Aquasition. Except for one thing.

Aquasition said,

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Don't run that set. I think it was a mistake; run Defog > Stone Edge or something like that. Maybe not stone edge, but Defog is a must.

I agree with a bunch of stuff said by Aquasition. Except for one thing.

Aquasition said,

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Don't run that set. I think it was a mistake; run Defog > Stone Edge or something like that. Maybe not stone edge, but Defog is a must.
Whoops.

I had just Copy-Pasted that set from what I use on one of my teams. Replace Stone Edge with Defog.

Thanks for catching that haxiom

Thanks for all your advices, I'm gonna test it ASAP.

How about a Groudon instead of Deoxys-A ? He can change the weather against Kyogre and can set Stealth Rock and have a devastating STAB Earthquake. Last move are Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail, to force switches and kill flying-types.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, Groudon doesn't entirely fix the Kyogre problem.
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Groudon in Sun: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Still hurts pretty bad. I'd suggest AV Palkia as THE Kyogre counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)