Pokémon TCG #2 - Diamond/Pearl - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, Alaka and I spent a few hours trying to connect to each other, but he has a Mac and is running Snow Leopard, which is apparently incompatible with Hamachi. I did a lot of research and found a program called Shimo, which is apparently a program that is similar to and compatible with Hamachi and works on Snow Leopard. When he installed it, he was unable to connect to my networks. I tried using Hamachi 1 and Hamachi 2; neither was successful. He offered me the match since we had the trouble and I stayed up late trying to help him, but I'd really rather not accept a win that way. We're going to see if we can get it figured out by the 12th. Can anyone here suggest a solution for us?

Last night, Alaka and I spent a few hours trying to connect to each other, but he has a Mac and is running Snow Leopard, which is apparently incompatible with Hamachi. I did a lot of research and found a program called Shimo, which is apparently a program that is similar to and compatible with Hamachi and works on Snow Leopard. When he installed it, he was unable to connect to my networks. I tried using Hamachi 1 and Hamachi 2; neither was successful. He offered me the match since we had the trouble and I stayed up late trying to help him, but I'd really rather not accept a win that way. We're going to see if we can get it figured out by the 12th. Can anyone here suggest a solution for us?
All I can think of is using Lackey which doesn't require you to connect each other, since it uses servers (kind of like NetBattle). Alternatively, one of you can connect to a third player and you use ghost play (the third player doesn't get to weigh in on anything obviously).

For example, me and Misdreavus connect over Redshark and Hamachi, while Alaka is online and in touch with me. Misdreavus plays like normal. I keep Alaka updated on what happens, and he tells me which moves he wants to make.

All I can think of is using Lackey which doesn't require you to connect each other, since it uses servers (kind of like NetBattle). Alternatively, one of you can connect to a third player and you use ghost play (the third player doesn't get to weigh in on anything obviously).

For example, me and Misdreavus connect over Redshark and Hamachi, while Alaka is online and in touch with me. Misdreavus plays like normal. I keep Alaka updated on what happens, and he tells me which moves he wants to make.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've PM'd Alaka and asked him which, if any, of these appeals to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)