Other Metagames priorities

EV

Banned deucer.

priorities
a stabmons rmt

I wanted to build a team that focused on one thing: sweeping with priority attacks. This means components such as hazards and hazard removal and switch-ins to common threats are eschewed in favor of the priority move archetype. Other versions of this team exist that operate solely with six priority attackers. Mine, however, sought to strike a balance between priority overload and team support. It's a risky play style but the reward often pays off in a single turn.

When you see the opening, go for it.

team

Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
Belly Drum
Extreme Speed
Earthquake
Recover

Snorlax is vastly underrated in stabmons and can run a variety of sets from assault vest, to cursespeed, to general fakespeed, but i'm running bellyspeed. Snorlax is probably the most viable abuser of belly drum + extreme speed in stabmons because of its impressive bulk, which allows it to set up a belly drum against opponents that stay in, whereas other pokemon that have access to the combo run the risk of being ko'd after they drum or lose too much health and fail to drum.

This natural bulk also gives snorlax more opportunities to recover off damage, which can stave off revenge attempts from the enemy's team. Earthquake gives snorlax a better matchup versus steel-types, many of which will use king's shield to trim snorlax's attack by -2, and as such earthquake bypasses the contact check and fails to drop its attack.

Ursaring @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Fake Out
Extreme Speed
Swords Dance
Earthquake /
Protect

Ursaring is my favorite general fakespeeder in the metagame for its raw power and guts ability. Unlike other fakespeeders such as mega lopunny or sylveon, ursaring gets stronger when burned, thus rendering the status futile when trying to contain the threat. On top of that its item silk scarf already boosts the output of its normal moves by 20% and i prefer it over something like life orb because most of the time you click a normal move, and ursaring dislikes the residual damage.

Originally this was also a belly drum set similar to the snorlax above, but i found ursaring to be less effective, mainly due to its lower bulk. Plus, with a base attack higher than that of arceus, swords dance + extreme speed is usually enough to pick off any pokemon that doesn't resist normal. Earthquake does for ursaring what it does for snorlax but protect is an option to block enemy fake outs so you can follow up with your own extreme speed for the kill, provided their extreme speed doesn't kill you first.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Eruption
Oblivion Wing
Solar Beam
Earthquake /
Dragon Dance

What i wanted next was a nuke to blow holes in things for snorlax and ursaring to finish off later. Mega charizard y can 2hko resisted hits such as rotom-w with ease with eruption's awesome power. Most of the time blue flare is preferred as eruption is unreliable; however, i've found the sheer damage output more beneficial on this team. Plus, oblivion wing has the potential to replenish eruption's base power to full levels. But don't rely on it.

Even with eruption's power, coverage is still appreciated. Solar beam has a good chance to 2hko 252/4 assault vest slowking and earthquake 2hkos 252/0 heatran. Dragon dance can be run instead of earthquake (and used before it mega evolves) to lure and eliminate common checks to mega charizard x such as landorus-t and quagsire (which also check snorlax and ursaring) while making mega charizard y harder to revenge kill.

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Steam Eruption
Psystrike
Thunder Wave
Fire Blast /
Slack Off

In order to check other fakespeeders, in particular swords dance mega lopunny, i added a rocky helmet slowbro. Its large defense combined with regenerator help it sponge hits from other physical attackers during the match as well, such as from mega charizard x, garchomp, and terrakion, the latter of which gives this team a lot of grief if not properly contained. Steam eruption grants slowbro more oomph behind its water stab over scald and the lower pp is generally not an issue.

Thunder wave isn't as important for slowing down fast pokemon as it is for slowing down faster priority specifically. For example, a paralyzed sylveon is now slower than ursaring and snorlax, thus putting its extreme speed one move behind theirs. Fire blast can remove ferrothorn, which lives even a +6 snorlax's earthquake (although ferrothorn is hard pressed to do much in return other than leech seed or spore it). It's also handy to have when facing a brazen mega scizor that tries to set up on slowbro.

Thundurus @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
Taunt
Nasty Plot
Oblivion Wing
Thunderbolt

The best pokemon in stabmons is thundurus thanks to its unrivaled versatility and lack of dedicated checks (there are no counters). This set is often run with a life orb but i've added safety goggles instead for a better matchup versus spore serperior and the rarer whimsicott. Thundurus is also a safeguard against stall, which cares not about belly drum and swords dance when unaware quagsire and clefable are at large.

Azumarill @ Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
Fake Out
Extreme Speed
Water Shuriken
Play Rough /
Baton Pass

When two strong priority attackers aren't cutting it there's always azumarill. Azumarill picks up the slack where snorlax and ursaring flag. It also functions as a priority revenger that can be played riskily in order to preserve snorlax and/or ursaring for later. Although not stab, fake out + extreme speed off of azumarill's attack are often enough to knock out neutral targets, while water shuriken is a priority stab move that has good coverage with normal and hits rocks and steels when necessary. Play rough is often used on predicted switches to do more damage than the other moves before following up with the appropriate priority to eliminate the target. It can be substituted with baton pass.

everyone, you guys are great

Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Recover

Ursaring @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Oblivion Wing
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Psystrike
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast

Thundurus @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt

Azumarill @ Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Water Shuriken
- Play Rough
- Extreme Speed

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hi cool priority spam team with innovative special dder that couldn't possibly not be viable, thanks for the shoutout although not shouting out any females is kinda sexist

I think Close Combat > Earthquake on Ursaring is pretty important. You have another Espeeder with EQ already. It's more important on Lax because with Belly Drum you can't just set up more on predicted Kings Shields, and not having to take that extra damage on stuff like Rocky Helmet Ferro is nice, but on Urs CC is much more important. It's too important to hit Ferro imo, because you're somewhat weak to it with your only solid answer being Zard Y (Bro is ok because of Fire Blast but eh). No Ferro isn't going to 6-0 you without CC, but its just 1 more thing it comes in on and seeds/spores/attacks/sets up hazards/etc. It can also be setup bait if you predict a KS so its a double edged blade. It probably wouldn't be worth it if it was exclusively for Ferro, but the extra damage on Scizor, P2, Terrakion (not that you 1v1 it but if Bro can para it you can, EQ doesn't kill but CC does most of the time), Chansey (+2 CC OHKO's so it can't do transform shenanigans), and being able to OHKO TTar unboosted doesn't hurt since it is a moderate threat. Hitting Air Balloon Tran and Exca is also (cwl).

Now, onto the biggest thing I see about this team: Zard-y + other bird + 4 neutral mons with no hazard control? And no SR yourself? Not having SR is already not great, but the only time I find it acceptable is when you necessitate hazard control and don't have space to also fit hazards, which is somewhatthe case here imo. I know your team is built around the concept of priority spam, and it's definitely a solid take on it, but I don't think Azu does all that much for you. You also have a minor TTar weakness that could be patched up. Why not try Offensive Defog Lando > Azu? Drastic change, yeah, but I think it could really help. Defog / Roost / U-turn / filler Lando-T does wonders for your team. Between it and Mega Bro you are fairly safe to pivot into nearly every physical attacker. Weavile looks like a threat until you realize the /only/ thing it 1v1s is Thundy (lol) and that is only if it crashes and doesn't shard in fear of Twave. Lando is also nice because U-turn still maintains the momentum Baton Pass grabbed Azu, letting it bring in your huge threats to tear shit up.

Some other notes: lol @ Eruption Zardy but hey whatever works for you, Twave Thundy might be worth it over taunt. Bro seems kinda weird here but it looks like its needed, Colbur might be an option to better check Weavile. Lando might be better with Dascent so you don't have 3 mons hard walled by Gengar. Also, even if you don't do my change to offensive Defog Lando, at least change Azu to Rapid Spin or something, you really do need hazard control.

Cool hazard spam!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)