Quick Claw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have encountered many teams on Showdown lately that have multiples Pokemon running a Quick Claw, allowing them to (when luck favors them, which is too often) to lays up hazards, inflict status conditions, and otherwise make moves that they would not be able to if the regular Speed calculation was used in that turn. Why isn't this item banned from competitive play? A completely luck-based item like this makes or breaks games, allowing Speed to be completely disregarded.

that was meant to be a joke (yes i suck at making them)

but on a more relevant point use the sqsa thread for stuff like these. i dont think quick claw is anywhere near broken in uu lol (probably just an annoyance at best)

No! It doesn't break the game because 90/100 it's a waste. 20% of the time it will make you go first, that's just unreliable when you think of Choice Scarf that gives you 1.5 speed assuming you only wanted to use 1 move or just picking a faster pokemon and give it Focus Sash. The worst part is if it activates when you already out speed an enemy, by that point you might as well have leftovers just for filler. The OHKO attacks usually have 30% of happening and have a much larger impact and are rightfully banned.
There's no reason to ban it because there's no reason to use it.

Is just one of those things that never happen, but when it happens it's almost at the best time to screw you.

Like to bet? use QC, simple as that.

Though I laugh at quick claw being banned and anyone using it competitavely, I do get salty when I lose in Battle Mansion in-game when I have a good sweep going and 3 of my pokemon are all good. Then Boom!! Quick Claw actives 3 times in a row and I lose all my pokemon. Was it skill or bad team building that I couldnt do anything about?

Though I laugh at quick claw being banned and anyone using it competitavely, I do get salty when I lose in Battle Mansion in-game when I have a good sweep going and 3 of my pokemon are all good. Then Boom!! Quick Claw actives 3 times in a row and I lose all my pokemon. Was it skill or bad team building that I couldnt do anything about?
Hmm, maybe have someone who doesn't care about priority/speed. Still, it wasn't completely your fault in design or technique, but smogon's not even going to ban para flinch's 30% of doing anything so 20% priority for no item is going to stay.

Quick claw is a horrible item. If you want slower pokes to outspeed faster ones use scarf or trick room. Quick claw is ridiculously unreliable, lock this thread.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
tbh i would ban all "luck" items just because there's no reason to allow them other than "keeping the banlist as short as possible"

but its not worth the trouble because even in the depths of the ladder its rarely seen and i would get bitched at FAR too much

anyway locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)