Rain team (my 1st RMT)

Hello PS, this is my 1st uber team of gen 6. If you see any problems with my team, make sure to leave suggestions in the comments. Anyways on to the team:

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 216 HP / 40 Spd
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

My wall breaker, even though the rain nerf has hurt kyogre, it's still a threat that everyone should be prepared for. With choice specs water spout this thing 2KO some of the most bulkiest pokemon in the uber tier (chansey, defensive giratina, ferrothorn, etc.) In rain surf is so power that even things that resist it, will get 2KO like zekrom or dialga. Ice beam is used for grass types that would hurt kyogre and thunder for palkia. The EV spread is use to live +2 extreme speed arceus (with no LO) since I have no actual EK arceus counters.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Jirachi serves 3 purposes being my xerneas check, SR settler, and wish passer. Iron head is necessarily to kill fairies and with t-wave I can get off paraflinch combo. SR will cripple threats the ability to switch in freely like ho-oh, yveltal, lugia, etc. and finally wish gives me recovery support for my team.

Palkia @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Palkia is my kyogre check, with 100 base speed it can outspeed threats that inhabit the 90's base. Spacial rend/surf are great stab moves that will hurt other dragon, arceus rock, ho-oh, etc.
Fire Blast destroys grass and steel types and thunder is used for kyogre.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Kangaskhan is my favorite mega evo due to it's power, access to priority moves, and great ability. Fakeout is a nice move for getting cheap damage, as well for finishing off weaken threats like EK arceus thanks to it's +3 priority. Stab return does huge damage to most pokemon in the tier, earthquake hits steel types like aegislash and sucker punch for mewtwo/weakened pokemon.

Arceus @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 HP / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

I used to had EK arceus, but then I notice my team was very weak to electric moves and pokemon, especially zekrom. Groundceus is powerful sweeper due to it's unresistant combo of earthquake and stone edge. Swords dance boost it's attack stat to terrifying levels and recover is for it's longevity.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

Choice scarf is a great item for xerneas because it's 99 based speed outspeeds 90's scarfers and is a great answer for darkrai. Moon blast kills most dragons, MM2X, yveltal, etc. and is a great stab move in general. Focus blast for steel types that would hurt the life deer and thunder for ho-oh, lugia, etc. Finally sleep talk is used for absorbing sleep.

Threats to my team: ho-oh, ek arceus, and other MM kangaskhan

Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Looks like a pretty good hyper offense team. The only suggestions I would make is removing water spout and surf from kyogre and adding in Hydropump. that way, you could add toxic or thunderwave to piss off the opposing Palkia. You might also want ditto on your team because hyper offense teams lack a counter for a lot of things and Ditto could be anything your opponent has. It also destroys set up sweepers like geo xern and dat ekilla which your team is weak to.

Looks very solid as an offensive team that doesn't rely on any 1 sweeper / wallbreaker. Nice job! But, regarding Xerneas, I think you should change the set a bit. I think you should change the nature to Modest instead of Timid, as it guarantees an OHKO on Ho-Oh after SR, and ensures a better chance to 2HKO standard Lugia after SR (see its new analysis for the spread) with Thunder, and can deal even more damage with Moonblast and Focus Blast. This is because the Scarfed meta has slowed down a bit to rely on breaking through more bulky teams that have been formatted to deal with GeoXern (ironic right?), so Modest would be fine. Other than that, great job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)