Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 44 HP / 68 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

This team centers around gyarados as my main support mon. Intimidate to slow down Physical attackers. Taunt lets me shut down amoongus, shut down trick room, Thunder Wave and icy wind helps me with speed control and is my main/only form of speed control. I picked Tera Grass to help with Raging Bolt and iron hands and i gave enough bulk to stick around and put in the work.

Girlfriend (Gouging Fire) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Level: 50
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 HP / 168 Atk / 4 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Howl
- Heat Crash
- Breaking Swipe
- Burning Bulwark

Gf is my other Offensive support mon who with Booster Energy Max speed and a Jolly Nature outspeed every thinis like Specs Flutter and chien-pao. Breaking swipe helps my team by letting them become physically bulkier and howl pairs excellently with my team. Burning Bulwark lets me further the pain of any physical attacker, and the ev spread is the way it so I can't survive and deal damage ( being 1 point below my speed with attack is pretty important to out speed as you could guesse). Tera Poison to resist Fairy and not be weak to water and such)

Imposter (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 224 HP / 142 Def / 142 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Protect

Amoongus rounds out the defensive core Of Fire/Water/Grass the reason I picked amoongus it because of Spore/Rage Powder support. (I originally had rillaboom but I hate Seedboom and I think Okidogi is better w Assault Vest). I also picked pollen Puff for healing and protect to let me position amoongus easier. I picked Regenerator because it's the good Abillity and Tera Fairy to resist Urshifu-Dark.

Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stomping Tantrum
- Heavy Slam
- Ruination
- Protect

Next I picked Ting-Lu to help Me bulk out on the special side all the Moves where picked to let Ting-Lu deal the damage it needs and protect because protect, Tera Poison lets me resist Flutter manes Fairy Moves. And I picked Leftovers because at this point AsV was taken and Lefties was the next best pick.

LostHonor (Okidogi) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guard Dog
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 212 HP / 124 Atk / 16 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Upper Hand
- Knock Off

Next pick was okidogi (originally Dark-Fu) I picked Okidogi because of its good Bulk,nice attacking stats (especially with howl support) and nice because it helps with Flutter Mane alot, I picked Tera Fairy because it's a good defensive typing in the meta, Drain Punch lets me Heal And deal damage, Poison Jab lets me bully Flutter and Rilla, Upper Hand lets me stop priority and Knock lets me hit Gholdengo and knock off items.

Seoul Reaper (Flutter Mane) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 68 HP / 116 Def / 124 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

We all know what Flutter does. Stats let me deal alotta damage and survive alotta hits. Tera Fairy and Mb and Dg and Sb are my damaging moves. Taunt lets me shut down trick room and amoongus if needed.

Dd isn't too nessacary with Twave and icy wind plus Howl benefits my team with +1 attck boosts!
DD boosts atk too. I would NOT suggest a +1 spe move either, even Agility is weird usually. Not that I think GF gets that anyways...

The spe boost may well not be necessary, but it's plainly superior to just +1 atk. If you think that isn't worth it, GF has many good moves iirc.

EDIT: gyara grass tera seems out of place. you have 1 real grass and 1 other tera, I'd run electric for the electric resist, less weaknesses. If you need to resist rock(which grass doesn't even do,) go ground for both.

DD boosts atk too. I would NOT suggest a +1 spe move either, even Agility is weird usually. Not that I think GF gets that anyways...

The spe boost may well not be necessary, but it's plainly superior to just +1 atk. If you think that isn't worth it, GF has many good moves iirc.

EDIT: gyara grass tera seems out of place. you have 1 real grass and 1 other tera, I'd run electric for the electric resist, less weaknesses. If you need to resist rock(which grass doesn't even do,) go ground for both.
Alr I put Tera Ground on gyarados cus of the point you listed

LovelyLuna

Lost in a life full of mistakes
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, thanks for posting! I think Gyarados is in a unique position right now and could have a niche, and I definitely think Gouging Fire Amoonguss would be the way to go. Here are the changes Id make to make the team better.

Major Changes (Pokemon replacements, Set changes.)

Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu: -> Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao:

Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu: makes the team really passive, as you already have 2/3 other support Pokemon, and weakens your main damage dealer by being on the field. But its also true that you have a pretty dire Iron Crown :Iron Crown: matchup without Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu: so I chose to replace it with Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao:, keeping a good answer to Psyspam and giving you another offensive Pokemon that can benefit from the plethroa of support.

Chien-Pao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Minor Changes (Moves, Items, Tera types.)

Gyarados :Gyarados: should utilize Rocky Helmet or Safety Goggles, as pinch berries can be hard to proc, Rocky Helmet can give you a threat to Urshifu-R :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: and allow you to break Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: and Urshifu-S's :Urshifu: Focus Sash, while Safety Goggles patches up your poor Amoonguss :Amoonguss: matchup. It should also replace Icy Wind with Protect or Helping Hand, as you already have Thunder Wave for speed control. Tera Fairy is ideal as Ground invites unwelcome weaknesses.

Gouging Fire :Gouging Fire: should be Tera Grass, you don't want to keep your Ground weakness and Burning Bulwark doesn't protect you from Spore, which Tera Grass allows you to patch up.

Id consider Gunk Shot over Poison Jab, as otherwise, you need the +1 to OHKO anything. Upper Hand is also a pretty bad move, as its read dependent and Okidogi :Okidogi: would much rather have Snarl utility or Ice Punch for the Landorus that walls you.

Very Minor Changes (EVs, Natures.)

This is a bit of an issue, with half of your team wasting EVs. (Gouging Fire :Gouging Fire:, Amoonguss :Amoonguss:, Okidogi :Okidogi:) I recommend using the EV slider after setting your Pokemon to level 50, preventing you from wasting EVs at least.

Once these are implemented team should be a lot easier to use, hope you have fun and you're free to ask me any questions!

I was unsure of ground yeah, it just directly covers both weaknesses, so it's tempting. Is electric bad too? There is a bit of a ground weakness here, bar gyara itself at base, so that seems fair.

Hey, thanks for posting! I think Gyarados is in a unique position right now and could have a niche, and I definitely think Gouging Fire Amoonguss would be the way to go. Here are the changes Id make to make the team better.

Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu: makes the team really passive, as you already have 2/3 other support Pokemon, and weakens your main damage dealer by being on the field. But its also true that you have a pretty dire Iron Crown :Iron Crown: matchup without Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu: so I chose to replace it with Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao:, keeping a good answer to Psyspam and giving you another offensive Pokemon that can benefit from the plethroa of support.

Chien-Pao @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Gyarados :Gyarados: should utilize Rocky Helmet or Safety Goggles, as pinch berries can be hard to proc, Rocky Helmet can give you a threat to Urshifu-R :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: and allow you to break Chien-Pao :Chien-Pao: and Urshifu-S's :Urshifu: Focus Sash, while Safety Goggles patches up your poor Amoonguss :Amoonguss: matchup. It should also replace Icy Wind with Protect or Helping Hand, as you already have Thunder Wave for speed control. Tera Fairy is ideal as Ground invites unwelcome weaknesses.

Gouging Fire :Gouging Fire: should be Tera Grass, you don't want to keep your Ground weakness and Burning Bulwark doesn't protect you from Spore, which Tera Grass allows you to patch up.

Id consider Gunk Shot over Poison Jab, as otherwise, you need the +1 to OHKO anything. Upper Hand is also a pretty bad move, as its read dependent and Okidogi :Okidogi: would much rather have Snarl utility or Ice Punch for the Landorus that walls you.

This is a bit of an issue, with half of your team wasting EVs. (Gouging Fire :Gouging Fire:, Amoonguss :Amoonguss:, Okidogi :Okidogi:) I recommend using the EV slider after setting your Pokemon to level 50, preventing you from wasting EVs at least.

Once these are implemented team should be a lot easier to use, hope you have fun and you're free to ask me any questions!
Alr I put your suggestions in and Ina bit ill test it out https://pokepast.es/f2e51a678c8290b3

Chien-Pao @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Also thks I found the wasted evs and put em in there place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)