Rating practice team 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the newest round of practice teams. If you're an aspiring rater, then these will hopefully allow you to pick up on and address any problems with your rating, as well as providing you with experience rating teams that have been specifically made to be as tough to rate as possible, and to make you think creatively in order to find the best changes. Any rates we receive will be replied to with personalized feedback by one of tab, Remedy, dragonuser, ShootingStarmie and Plus. Then, at the end of the round, we'll give some general hints and feedback on how things went, and post the best rate that we received as an example of how to rate the team.

Anyone is welcome to participate and send in their rate, and everyone will be guaranteed to receive feedback appropriate to the effort they put into their rate, regardless of their ability. However, to keep things fair we won't be considering rates sent in by official team raters as winners of the best rate.

ALL RATES SHOULD BE PMED TO TAB NO LATER THAN MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3
---

Whaddup it's YABOY Plus with a new team, Chinese Tempest -- a journey of 1,281 posts. This team is designed to get a Mega Gardevoir sweep, it's especially good against slower defensive teams. I added some extra wallbreaking firepower with Crawdaunt, some revenge killing capabilities with Landog and Deoxys-S, then slapped on a Bisharp and Zapdos for some entry hazards control. This team attempts to make up for its shortcomings defensively by applying constant attacking pressure with priority, speed, and power. Without further ado, here's the team:

Crawdaunt @ Splash Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Crawdaunt's here to break walls, it's helpful against teams that pack Chansey since it gives me opportunities to slam switch-ins hard with Knock Off or Crabhammer. I just weaken stuff and let my Mega Gardevoir finish the rest -- for things like Mega Venusaur which would usually give this thing a little trouble, I have Mega Gardevoir to back me up. Max speed helps me outspeed things like defensive Heatran and Rotom-W.

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Offensive Deoxys-S is one of the most threatening things you can run against opposing offense, simply because it's so versatile and fast. Max speed in particular lets me outspeed Scarf Garchomp and everything below, including Genesect. Superpower helps me against Tyranitar, Psycho Boost OHKOes Assvest Conkeldurr and Mega Venusaur, Ice Beam is for the Dragons and HP Fire ensures that Genesect can't pull any U-turn shenanigans on me.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace / Pixilate
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 HP
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Given the nature of Bisharp's set, defensive Heatran tends to come in a lot, usually trying to Will-O-Wisp. Opportunities like those give me easy switches to Gardy via Trace, to which I can mega evolve and start firing away. Gardy is the primary sweeper of this team, and has some neat tricks up her sleeve, such as being able to switch into most of Kyurem-B's attacks including Substitute, then outspeed and kill with Hyper Voice. I have Hyper Voice and Psyshock for primary STAB attacks, then Focus Blast for Heatran and Shadow Ball for things like Aegislash or Jirachi -- Aegislash in particular is a very common switch in to this.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Most people expect support Landorus-T, but Scarf Landorus is pretty neat too especially when it's able to revenge kill things like Zard Y. If you play this Landorus correctly, you might even be able to land a surprise kill early game if you lead with it, such as if the opponent leads with something like a Greninja. This thing saves me against threats where it's more difficult to switch in Deoxys-S, such as with Mega Tyranitar.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 112 Spd / 144 HP
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

I needed a Stealth Rocker somewhere, so I just put it on my Bisharp. Bisharp helps add some extra offensive pressure and also helps lure in things like Hippowdon, Gliscor, and Heatran which help for Crawdaunt and Gardevoir to do work. I'll usually Stealth Rock when I predict the switch such as when I'm in on a non EQ Mega Venusaur or something. For an offensive team like this, you can't get enough priority, so Sucker Punch can also come up clutch in lategame scenarios.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 148 HP / 108 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Roost
- Defog

Here's an offensive Zapdos I'm using for Defog purposes, it also helps me check Azumarill a little better because my water resist Crawdaunt doesn't really have the best defenses. Granted, I'm an offensive team and I'm usually the one applying the pressure here, but Zapdos ties up some loose ends with this team. The EV spread lets me outspeed Adamant Gyarados, the rest was put into Satk and HP for power and bulk. I'm using HP Flying since it's hitting Conkeldurr and Venusaur for roughly 40% per hit, both of which like switching into Zapdos thinking that I'm defensive and weak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)