RAWR! RMT

Well this is my first rmt and i got tired of all those weather teams. I am also pretty inexperience and would love the help from you guys.Thanks.Now lets start.

At a Glance:

Team in Detail:

Birijion @ Life Orb
Traits: Justice Heart
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature(+Spd, - Atk)
~ Calm Mind
~ Giga Drain
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Ice

I cant really say that birijion is an awesome lead but it almost always get its job done well. The reason i added birijion in my team was because my team is quite weak against rain dance team and this lead counters weather teams quite efficiently. Can savely calm mind while facing politoed while taking insignificant damage from ice beam which would be heal back via Giga Drain. Similar situationa also occurs with hippowdon and tyranitar. For abomasnow and ninetails, simply switch to shandera to deal with them.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Adamant
Traits: Speed Boost
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Blaze Kick
~ Stone Edge

Blaziken is awesome this gen.Well last gen it was outclassed by infernape but no more! Blaziken with the addition of speed boost would be a dangerous sweeper to fear. I usually switch it in to pokemon that cant damage blaziken too much like nattorei ( as blaziken is quite frail), get a sword dance up, and sweep. Or, after one of my pokemon dies, i send in blaziken on a slower pokemon and immeadietly launch my attack. Well, even without sd, a 372 attack 140 bp stabbed life orb hi jump kick is pain enough. Well i usually see opponent switching whatever tanks in to tank my blaziken to only see their tanks being 2HKO by hi jump kick without doing anything. Stone edge and blaze kick are for coverage and for hitting ghost, and nattorei eg.

Shanderaa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Hidden Power (ICE)
~ Shadow Ball
~ Energy Ball
~ Overheat

Well...What can i say about this pokemon.It is currently the #1 usage pokemon is dreamworld OU. Well, with shadow tag and choice scarf, it becomes an awesome revenge killer and a kind of hit and run pokemon. This pokemon has great synergy with other pokemon. Whenever i see blaziken, or some other leads that birijion cant take on, my next action would usually be to switch this thing in and that lead would probably be dead the next turn. One word awesome!. Well i really have nothing i could add to this pokemon, hope it dont get banned to ubers. Hidden power (ice) also replaced psychic(my previous move) as neutral overheat deals more damage than super effective psychic and it allows me to revenge most dragons out there with it.

Breloom @ Leftover/Shed Shell
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 132 Hp / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
~ Spore
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Seed
~ Mach Punch

This set is marvelous.The HP is for extra bulk but nonetheless, this is the counter to the very common doryoku. A mach punch would be able to OHKO doryoku. Now lets take a look at its skills. Spore + Swords Dance is a superb combo. Switch in on a slower pokemon, spore it and get a free swords dance. Then prepare to sweep a few pokemon if not the whole team. Bullet seed and mach punch both get the extra boost of technician and hits extremely HARD! I am not kidding. Well...I am still pondering about wherther to put shed shell or leftovers..Shed shell is for escaping the all common Shanderaa who breloom is absolutely no match for :(.But leftovers seems great and it saved my breloom from being 2HKO to 3HKO. I hope someone could suggest me as to which item to use. Thanks.

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Psycho Shock
~ ThunderBolt
~ Hidden Power(Ground)

This thing is great and it fills a terribly large loophole on my team. It resist psychic which 4 of my mons are weak against and ghost attacks do not even dent it.Further, its SpD of 291 without anyboost is great and it tanks special attacks extremely well. It also has a SpA of 351 before calm mind and this is enuf to wreck holes on most teams. Psycho Shock is for hitting things like blissey while thunderbolt/ hidden power(ground) gets meloetta as much coverage as possible. More often than not, this pokemon usually takes down 1-2 pokemon before going down and wreck the opponent team enough to let my blaziken show its power.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Def
~ Fling
~ Earthquake
~ Acrobat
~ Protect

Well.A pokemon to tank physical damage and gliscor is here.252 defense, impish nature and poison heal is to make it a bit bulkier. Well, what can i say about this. As you can see, the pokemon is in my team is either too frail or is specially defensive. Thus, gliscor is here to fill up that loop hole in my team. While Poison Heal is unfortunately illegal with Roost, it still has it niches. This set could try and make use of that. Fling hits two birds with one stone; it poisons the target and doubles the power of Acrobat.Earthquake/Acrobat becomes a deadly 100bp move.Protect is to allow gliscor to stall for more turns:p . i am thinking whether i should change some of that hp evs in atk evs. any comments?
Team Building Process:

I wanted an offensive team, and i begin with blaziken which seem to be a good late game sweeper.

Well. I wanted a lead that deal with weather leads very well and a choice specs Genosekuto seems to be a good choice.

Well..Every offensive team needs a choice scarf revenge killer and shanderaa seems to be the best choice.

I wanted to doryoku counter and breloom is perfect for this job.

After haveing 4 pokemon, i realised i do not have enough attacking power and garchomp immediately comes to mind.

I needed a special attacker who walls fire and ice attacks well and kerudio comes into my team.

After a few battles, i realised my team was rain dance weak so i needed a solid rain dance counter which is birijion

I realised my team was psychic weak and i added empoleon to reduce the amount of pokemon that is psychic weak.

Well..i added gliscor in for the bulk in defense which my team lacks.

Finally!I found a solid psychic tanker which resist psychic and is immune to ghost attack.

In conclusion, i feel that my team is still very incomplete, seeing how it is so prone to psychic and pokemon like latios.because of this, i am unable to break the 500 rank barrier. I hope i will be able to get some insights and be able to achieve a higher rank.

If you're having problems with Psychics then you could probably do with a Dark type. Your team actually looks like it'd benefit from using Tyranitar over Birijion. He can come in and cancel Rain quickly, and you can either scarf him or switch in something else against these threats. Pursuit and Crunch will deal with any annoying Psychics, and Tyranitar has higher SpD than Birijion when considering the SpD boost from Sandstorm. But idk, that's just a hunch.

Remove Psychic on Shandera. Neutral Overheat with STAB does more damage even than super effective Pshycic. Replace it with HP Ground or HP Ice.

I'd lead with your Breloom if anything so that you can Spore something.

Your team is pretty standard heavy offense. But you have nothing to tank hits or absorb status. And nothing you have is immune to Earthquake. Assuming your Breloom is out of commission Doryuzuu can sweep everything with EQ and X-Scissor. Your team will also have trouble stopping Roopushin as not even Shandera is guaranteed to KO specially bulky variants with even Overheat.

A poison heal Gliscor not only is a great check to both Roopushin and Doryuzuu but it gives you some big defensive muscle as well as something that can soak up sleep and burn after your orb activates.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish 252 HP / 4 At / 252 Df
Protect
Earthquake
Acrobat/Taunt
Fling/Facade

This will let you wall physical attacks to no end and get some decent offensive action in with great dual 100+ BP STABs. You can sacrifice some defense EVs for some more attack if you want to hit a bit harder. Likewise you can run some more speed instead and utilize Taunt and Facade instead to set opposing set up sweepers and walls that might give you trouble like Rankurusu. I'd replace Garchomp or Blaziken for it.

Well...i dont think tyranitar has a place in my team.If birijion is out, the commonly seen rain dance team would just come and sweep my team off as tyranitar would need to switch in after the first turn to get the sand up while tanking an attack and switching out immediately(as Scarf Toed would scare it off and assuming opponent get the toed in again.)

For gliscor, i cant seem to have him in my team either. i cant replace garchomp.Wihout garchomp, pokemon like opponent garchomp, salamence and other pokemon that i could revenge with garchomp would be gone. Furthermore, garchomp defensive and special defense stats are not that bad after all giving a 95/85 where the spD is higher than gliscor.(hp is also higher) And replacing blaziken would lead me to a 4 pokemon weak to ice team and this is not pretty.

Your Garcomp isn't a reliable Garchomp counter considering the opponent will either be faster with a scarf and kill you, or it will be a speed tie against SD variants. You have a check. Plus not only are Salamence rare these days, your scarf Shandera with HP Ice will easily fell one.

Garchomp may be bulky, but it's no wall, especially when you only invest in it's offensive stats. Empoleon has the most resistances on your team but again, you're not investing in bulk there. If an opposing Garchomp is scarfed, it barely hurts Gliscor even with Outrage. Scarchomp locked into Outrage also let's Empoleon switch into the attack and use Agility as well as activating your berry. If it's a SD variant than Shandera or Birijion can out speed and either kill it with HP Ice, or if it runs Yache than Breloom can revenge with Mach Punch. So let's face it, Garchomp really isn't an issue.

I am convinced by your explanation and i changed garchomp to gliscor. Somehow, i find empoleon not doing its job well and i switched from empoleon to meloetta which covers the weakness of psychic attacks. Thank you

That's an ineffective spread. If you're going to be a Sword Dance attacker, you need speed. If you're going to be a wall, than you need Protect for free healing and some HP.

I know pretty much nothing about Meloetta.

if theres anything to say about this team, it has too many setup attackers. 4, kinda 4 and a half considering gliscor needs to fling to be that good, is far far too much imo. 1 or 2 is the magic number along with proper support helping them sweep on their own. along with hole punching wallbreakers or choice banders/scarfers. id definitely revise a little bit to help that out. id recommend a specs sazandora or band ononokusu over breloom. breloom and blaziken together are why you have trouble with the uprising psychics and sazandora especially will help with that with its immunity. while banded ononokusu really has no safe switch in besides perhaps defensive nattorei or skarmory. both can soften up anything that switches in for ur other pokes but id say u can use a choice dragon over breloom. good luck let me know how it goes.

Hi mr senior.I get your point.But breloom cant be taken away.With it taken away, doryukyuu will come in and sweep my team.And, with breloom away, there is no piority to finish off weakned pokemon and breloom mach punch is extremly painful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)