Proposal Rebrand Mascots / Name(s) For SCL (Gen 9)

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
On one hand you're right, but on the other hand, I like how tournaments have their iconic franchises/logos, like SPL does for example (and Wcop to an extent, although that one often rebrand their logos over time).

SCL is honestly a good tournament at this point and could use some of that iconization.

I also think it's much better when all the logos are from the same artist (akin to SPL again) so consider the workload if this has to be done *10.

On one hand you're right, but on the other hand, I like how tournaments have their iconic franchises/logos, like SPL does for example (and Wcop to an extent, although that one often rebrand their logos over time).

SCL is honestly a good tournament at this point and could use some of that iconization.

I also think it's much better when all the logos are from the same artist (akin to SPL again) so consider the workload if this has to be done *10.
Conceptually the iconization is already a bit off-brand with SCL, a tournament featuring tiers all about change and instability. The 10 teams have only been around for 2 years. NOw (i.e following a new gen and the tournament still feeling fresh) would be the most reasonable time to make change to some of the teams that are already struggling with identity and legacy. The two Vulpix listed being the best examples but I'd also include the Machines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)