Other Metagames RMT: SM Balanced Hackmons

Volcaronite

formerly JCD
This is a team that I had from Gen VI, where it saw moderate success. I brought it up to Gen VII, and tweaked it with some new strategies and some old strategies to fill holes. And... it's very successful. I'd say I get the win ~90% of the time with this team. Here it is:

my hair is my tail (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Psystrike
- Vacuum Wave
- Eruption
Here it is, the sweeper to be feared. Especially if the opponent starts with hazards setter or something, all Mewtwo needs is a turn to set up. It'll outspeed almost everything on that first turn, and most of the rest are usually used for hazards. Using Z-Geomancy with Simple means your 5 main stats are all doubled immediately, and then regular Geomancy is initiated. So in 2 turns, you have maxed Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed, with a doubled Defense (and Attack, but that doesn't matter). Psystrike is a solid STAB which also rids the field of Special Walls (*cough Imposter Chansey cough*). Vacuum Wave is one of the only special priority moves, and also works against Dark-types. Eruption is there as a high-accuracy coverage against Steel-types like Mega-Aggron, but really could be replaced with anything. All in all, given your turn to setup, I've swept teams in 8 turns without taking a single hit thanks to this guy.

is wall (Aggron-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Cotton Guard
- Whirlwind
- Power-Up Punch
Well...this thing exists. Unaware is there to ensure, at the very least, a level playing field for Aggron to wall. Cotton Guard is for Defenses (seriously, at max Defense, a +2 Mega-Rayquaza V-Create does like 20%. It's...scary), and Whirlwind is for any Special Attackers who would otherwise threaten Aggron. Recover is useful when youo get burned and the Leftovers recovery is negated, and Power-Up Punch means that, after some time of walling and recovering, you'll eventually pack quite the punch.

is wall 2 (Shedinja) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Swords Dance
- Safeguard
- Baton Pass
The first of two 'Mons on this team with no attacking possibilities, Shedinja here is to sort of wall anything while silently Baton-Passing anything it can. Safeguard goes up first and foremost. Safety Goggles will prevent any stray Spores from destroying the carcass, but Safeguard can block out much more. Swords Dance facilitates the Baton-Passing, raising the Attack stat. I had Shell Smash in there for a long time because of the Speed increase, but I found that Baton Passing lowered Defenses to any of the other attackers on the team meant that they would almost immediately get KO'd by anything that knew how to flick it. Finally, Topsy-Turvy here can also cripple setup-sweepers who will use Shedinja's passive nature to set something up, and also can give Shedinja a free turn to setup itself.

setup lel (Deoxys-Speed) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Topsy-Turvy
- Will-O-Wisp
- Simple Beam
This is sort of a troll 'Mon, which is here to spite all sorts of setups and tricks. Unfortunately, Prankster no longer works against Dark-types, which blows since Deoxys literally has no damage other than a nerfed burn, but this set is good at taking out a lot of Ability abusers as well as the priority Defog ridding the field of hazards for Shedinja. Simple Beam is for the likes of Refridgerate users, Contrary users, Sturdy Shedinja, and Entrainment Gengar. Topsy-Turvy is a good partner to Simple Beam, especially with a Contrary V-Create/Draco Meteor Mega-Rayquaza, or really any Contrary user. This can turn entire sets on their head.

i like ur shed (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Spirit Shackle
- Recover
- Knock Off
Mold-Beaker/Pursuit Trap for Shedinjas. Knock Off/Spirit Shackle can cripple anyone who relies on an Item too much, as well as dealing a fair chunk of damage over time. Giratina can tank lots of things, and Leftovers helps with that, but Recover is there to help with...well, recovery.

this is a FILLER (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Spectral Thief
Ahh, right. The obligatory attacker of anything, and the usual receiver of Shedinja's Baton-Pass. Magic Bounce is there to stop Will-O-Wisps, Spores, and Entrainment Gengars. Basically, it guarantees that Rayquaza will get off at least one attack. Dragon Ascent because of the incredible power and STAB. Earthquake to punish Mega-Aggron who think they can tank, as well as Mega-Metagross. Steel types, really. Drain-Punch is there as fodder and because occasionally it breaks even with the Life Orb recoil, so it's worth it. Spectral Thief is for the cheeky setup-wall or to the receiver of a Baton Pass, which can make anyone's day turn sour.

That's the team. Suggestions for improvements would be much appreciated, because I know this team is far from perfect. Actually, I need one of you to allow each 'Mon to have 6 moves. That would be great. But barring that, improvements would be much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)