Rumor: PlayStation 4 codenamed 'Orbis'

Straw Hat Luffy pretty much sums up my thoughts. In all honesty (and presuming it all comes to pass), it's absolutely fucking sickening how they're trying to impose those restrictions, it's no better than all the DRM crap we still have nowdays with movies and music, do they really want to turn a perfectly good industry into that shit that will likely just encourage more piracy and other workarounds? Hell I'll even give into it and start doing it at this rate...

And why the fuck do I have to be online and have an internet connection to play, don't they think that'll discourage a lot of people who don't have good internet or unlimited data? That's why I won't buy upcoming PC games like Diablo 3 (or even SC2), having to be logged online just to play what is traditionally an offline SINGLE player mode is stupid. Not to mention the other PC games out there that require you to go online to fucking activate them just to play in the first place.

Add this all on top of current issues, such as DLC (especially if they've already coded it into the game and are making you pay to unlock something already on the disc) and I dunno, it just seems like the videogame industry has gone a long way downhill since it started.

Dunno, this Sony is getting ahead of themselves and thus forcing us into a "new generation" of gaming...

But, of course, I'm still watching what will happen. If the market says yes to this idea, I have no choice. I don't want my son get ahead of me in gaming...lol

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You know what is noticably absent in that chart mattj? Phone based gaming systems.

I thought this was pretty well covered last year what with the 3DS having to slash its price very early in its lifespan, but a quick google search on "Nintendo Profits" gives only depressing results.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/01/26/nintendos-profits-fall-as_n_1233382.html
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/10/27/nintendo_profits_evaporate_as_gamers_turn_to_ios.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jan/26/nintendo-profits-fall
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/25/nintendo-profits-fall-66-in-fiscal-year-3ds-sells-3-61-million/

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not really sure why they'd move to another generation when the graphics on this generation are about as "HD" as you can get. I'm no expert but it seems like gaming is inevitably going to plateau at some point, and it's not long off.

Also I can't believe many of y'all are buying into this rumor. I'm not even a heavy gamer and I can already tell you at least 80% of that post is not going to happen. Sony (and other manufacturers, for that matter) have huge market research teams that they pay large salaries to for the sole purpose of increasing their sales. You really think they'd pass over something as obvious as what we're saying? I'm sure we're not the only nerds having this conversation either =P.

tl:dr we can all relax, rumors like this are started by trolls who just love watching people asplode.

Gaming's not going to plateau until we get holo-decks. Still, I don't think there's a whole lot consoles can do right now, as the PS4 would still be running Blue Ray disks.

All you really need to do is look to PCs to see that consoles can still get quite a bit better in the graphics department. However the trick is making the whole thing affordable.

I don't expect any of these rumors to happen, but I must say that if they are true, I won't bother getting a playstation system from them, I"ll just be Wii U exclusive.

I only buy games that I absolutely adore so I don't care much about used games, but I won't buying any new gen consoles if they decide to shaft JRPGs like they did this gen. I'd rather buy a Vita and DN all those classic RPGs and play by myself then sell my soul to these First Person Crap Shooters (as much as I love CoD) and Western Adventure "RPGs".

Hopefully they have some good games for it. Playstation needs more titles unique to it that are top quality.

Also, the no used game thing they're pulling is extremely stupid, people won't be pleased. I don't think it'll go through.

I really hope this is not true, I think Sony would lose out big-time. I'm a big fan of my PS3 and it works wonders, but having to be online and games being linked to one account would only lead to a lot of pissed-off customers.

Several sources, which prefer to remain unnamed, say the new PS4 will have a "baby-skin" option. Due to marketing research, not every PS4 will be made of baby hide, but for an extra 50 bucks, you can play the newest Final Fantasy with a system made of the finest baby leather.

Personally, I find this to be just another atrocious marketing scheme. I mean, sure, I'd love to get a new baby pelted PS4 as much as the next guy, but 50 bucks!? C'mon, Sony. No clue how Microsoft is gonna counter this play.

A Sony spokesperson declined to comment about these details, citing the company's policy not to comment on "rumors or speculation."

The big wigs are just shrouding themselves in mystery once again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)