Scarf Samurott Hisui Skeledirge Balance

Here is the pokepaste for the team : https://pokepast.es/56e964326ce3e4b7 :Samurott Hisui: :Skeledirge: :Skarmory: :Slowking Galar: :Kyurem: :Great Tusk:

:Samurott-Hisui: @ :Choice Scarf:
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Aqua Cutter
- Sucker Punch
- Flip Turn

Moves: Samurott is a very good progress maker with the use of its move Ceaseless Edge as it hazard stacks while also doing good damage. I run Aqua Cutter over Razor Shell because it's non contact which helps into opposing :Skarmory: or :Rocky Helmet: mons and it can't miss either as well as having a high critical hit rate. Sucker Punch is for priority since this team lacks priority and Flip Turn is for pivoting. I could see myself replacing Flip Turn for Knock Off but the pivoting helps this team run more fluidly and eases predictions.
Nature: Jolly Nature to outrun pult when :Choice Scarf:.
Tera: Tera Water for more power on Aqua Cutter.
Item: I decided on a scarf set as it is quite unexpected and can catch non :Focus Sash: :Dragapult: leads off guard and leads to a KO as well as a spike.
Ability: Sharpness over Torrent.

:Skeledirge: @ :Heavy-Duty Boots:
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Slack Off
Moves: Skeledirge is often the goat of this team. I have so many games where the combination of Will-O-Wisp and Unaware can wall most of the opposing team's setup sweepers. I ran it specially defensive to deal with :Volcarona: and Calm Mind :Hatterene:. Torch Song helps against opposing setup sweepers to power through them and end up being a big threat at +2. Hex is great after a mon has been burnt or toxiced or even frozen by Kyurem. Slack Off is for recovery.
Nature: Calm is to be max SpDef for :Volcarona:
Tera: Fairy allows you to flip all of your previous weaknesses into at least a neutrality and can allow you get a free Wisp or a Slack Off.
Item: :Heavy Duty Boots: is to avoid hazard damage as :Great Tusk: is not a very reliable spinner into most HO cores that I faced.
Ability: Unaware is to stifle opposing setup sweepers.

:Skarmory: @ :Rocky Helmet:
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Spikes

Moves: :Skarmory: is the premier physical wall of this team. Iron Defense and Body Press answer opposing physical setup sweepers, Roost helps with recovery and Spikes is for offensive pressure when :Skarmory: forces switches. One thing to note is that against opposing physical sweepers, you want to play as aggressively as possible if you can by opting to click Body Press over Roost as you can just die to a crit if they get lucky.
Nature: A bold nature helps it wall physical mons.
Tera: Dragon helps against opposing :Gouging Fire: without Dragon coverage, :Barraskewda: in rain and the rare :Ogerpon Wellspring:.
Item: :Rocky Helmet: helps against spinners like :Great Tusk: or :Excadrill: and works well to punish multi hit contact users like :Weavile:.
Ability: Sturdy is its best ability but often doesn't come into play because of stealth rocks.

:Great Tusk: @ :Heavy-Duty Boots:
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Moves: :Great Tusk: is the spinner and stealth rocks of the team. Stealth Rocks helps into slower teams or opposing balance but is not often used against HO. Headlong Rush is used as very strong STAB, Knock Off is used to cripple walls that would switch in to :Great Tusk: like opposing :Great Tusk: , :Skarmory:, :Dondozo: and :Clefable:. Rapid Spin is for removing hazards.
Nature: A jolly nature helps it outrun :Air Balloon: :Gholdengo: if it switches into a Knock Off and then KO it with a Headlong Rush. It also helps to outrun :Glimmora: and KO them if they're chipped.
Tera: Tera Water is useful for all matchups by losing most of its weaknesses and can help against rain matchups or opposing :Gouging Fire:.
Item: :Heavy Duty Boots: allows Tusk to avoid hazards like Sticky Web and Spikes and be an offensive threat more reliably.
Ability: Standard Proto.

:Slowking-Galar: @ :Heavy-Duty Boots:
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic

Moves: :Slowking Galar: works very well on this team and serves as an excellent check and pivot to many special attackers in the tier e.g. :Primarina:, :Enamorus:, :Iron Moth:, :Hatterene: and opposing :Kyurem:. It helps a lot in the rain and sun matchups by switching the weather with Chilly Reception. Future Sight is very good for forcing out mons or setting up kills against teams without Protect. Sludge Bomb is good STAB and has a decent chance to poison which is why it is used over Sludge Wave. Toxic is good for opposing special sweepers that Skeledirge can't deal with e.g. :Primarina: or :Raging Bolt:.
Nature: It has a Sassy nature to underspeed as many mons as possible for a slow Chilly Reception.
Tera: Tera Water is useful for all matchups but also helps into both Sun and Rain matchups. I usually use it however if they have a lot of special Ghost STAB e.g. both :Dragapult: and :Gholdengo: to lose that Ghost weakness. I considered Tera Dark but tera Water is better generally.
Item: :Heavy Duty Boots: helps Slowking Galar avoid hazards and lets it pivot more efficiently.
Ability: Regenerator helps Slowking Galar to pivot in many times and passively gain health.

:Kyurem: @ :Heavy-Duty Boots:
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
Moves: Ice Beam is for very strong Ice STAB that few mons like to switch into and Freeze Dry hits opposing water types. Earth Power completes its perfect coverage and Draco Meteor is not usually clicked but useful when something needs to heavily chipped. I have tried Blizzard but if :Slowking Galar: dies, it loses a lot of its value.
Nature: It has a Timid Nature to outspeed opposing :Great Tusk: and the other mons around the 300 Spe mark.
Tera: Tera Ice powers your Ice Beams and Freeze Drys.
Item: :Heavy Duty Boots: helps Kyurem against hazards and negates it from being choice locked. Being able to switch moves makes :Kyurem: much harder to switch into.
Ability: Pressure is standard.

Overall, this team has performed very well against a diversity of playstyles and lead to my first top 500 placement in OU. It does struggle against :Deoxys Speed: leads as this team's best response is :Slowking Galar: which gets knocked off. It can also struggle against Taunt DD Roaring Moons if :Skarmory: is chipped and HO cores that target :Skarmory: because our Tusk is not very bulky and Samurott only hits 442 with :Choice Scarf:.
Any advice on the team would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)