Shaoda‘s Art Gallery

Welcome to my Art Gallery thread! I draw a lot more than Pokémon so if you want to see more from me check out my toyhouse (link coming soon) but here are some of my Pokémon-related pieces!
FECBCEBC-75B2-4CE2-B39E-10F3591DBD6C.jpeg
8EB5BDF8-8584-4C29-A8E6-BE9BC5264A02.jpeg
E32D9BCD-4917-48F1-9C7C-D7658AF8B241.jpeg
FA04DE12-E6D0-491C-AA17-8DE43A01CE13.jpeg
I’ve been digitally creating Fakemon for a while, and thought maybe I could share a few of them with the Smogon community! Anyway, to start it off here’s a line I made today:
4EC970AF-0022-43E9-BF45-F2D82800173B.jpeg

60ACED71-4FEB-47A6-AC9F-6D7B7ADE137D.jpeg
I really like how their designs turned out and they do seem to fit their unique typing! However where it gets shaky is the stats/move pool. I’m not really great at this and often end up creating mons that fulfill the same role as a canon Pokemon or are completely overpowered. Here’s my attempt though!
D942B8FA-56D9-47F0-8ED8-702A4717E479.jpeg

Again, I never said they were going to be balanced. Plus I’m sure someone else could come up with better sets. But it turned out ok.
...A standalone mon that could possibly fit in with the other Galar fossils (didn’t mean it when I made it but looking back it really does look similar to Dracovish’s body style) or maybe CAP27...
E1F892CF-A2F1-4E85-85EC-5732873204BB.jpeg
Plus, another two-part cross-evolutionary family I posted on the Fakemon Central thread a while ago- I’m pasting it here to keep things together.
98DE9747-EF3C-422F-9D0F-21275E470DDA.jpeg

stats are not specific
here would be ~distribution
Mali would be basically even around, not specific strong or weak points yet
Algaeus: 200 HP, 90 ATK, 90 DEF, 40 SPA, 90 SPD, 120 SPE - could work as a bulky resttalker that could outspeed most opponents
Mammoss: 200 HP, 100 ATK, 80 DEF, 40 SPA, 60 SPD, 120 SPE - could be a bulky & fast physical attacker / tank

Mali— Fluffy (Chlorophyll)
Algaeus— Thick Fat, Swift Swim (Chlorophyll)
Mammoss — Fluffy, Sand Rush (Chlorophyll)
bst would not probably be 600, just easier to estimate that way
meant to mostly be an outside of battle ride pokemon
evolution might be a bit drastic but I think it’s clear enough
name changes might be imminent

Mali female — evolves into Algaeus at level 32 when given the PLANT STARTER KIT
Mali male — evolves into Mammoss at level 32 when given the PLANT STARTER KIT

Signature Move (Algaeus)
Tail Burst
Water - Physical - 60 BP - 100 ACC
A sudden tail slap into the ocean, creating a wave and propelling the user forwards. Damages targets based on their Sp.Def and raises Speed by one stage.
Outside of battle— makes the Pokémon dash forward for a couple seconds (akin to bike turbo boost in Sword/Shield)

Signature Move (Mammoss)
Hoof Charge
Ground - Physical - 60 BP - 100 ACC
The user charges at the target, kicking up dust and propelling the user forwards. Lowers targets’ accuracy and raises Speed by one stage.
Outside of battle— makes the Pokémon dash forward for a couple seconds (akin to bike turbo boost in Sword/Shield)
Please, please note that these are not official. I am currently not sure how to apply to be a part of the Workshop so here are some fun fan banners purely because it is fun to draw a group of some of the main threats of a tier!
With that out of the way...
58044D9F-1CDD-452C-97FA-EDF1DBE2C5AE.jpeg
B4CAB045-7C84-41A7-AD18-8A6354A19F20.jpeg
18DF7F16-E038-4015-A161-7DF20B1A8770.png
Anyway, any feedback is appreciated, and I’m sorry if I did something wrong in the process of making this thread, I tried to look through the rules and at other people’s threads but I may have missed something.
Feel free to request art!

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
You can usually offer your drawings by showing the requester in the conversations (that little envelope looking thing) I've done this multiple times, and its usually an effective way of being part of the Workshop. Considering your wonderful drawing skills, you should rack up quite a few happy customers!
Hope this helps!

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Usually you can just respond to the request to say you're doing it. Or if you can churn your drawing out fast enough, you can just send it to your requester and see what they think.

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
hey, cool pieces! there's nothing to do to be "part" of the workshop, if you see a request and no one has claimed it yet, go ahead and call dibs on it!

i do have one suggestion however, regarding lineless art. it really pops out more if you make use of selective shadows, at places where they can be readily apparent (for example, in your houndoom, at the undersides of the collar and the protrusions on the back and ankles). it also helps if the background is as minimal as the artwork in question, and has a nice contrasting colour (unless there's a particular art style you are aiming for).

i tried something with the houndoom so that you can get an idea of what i mean, hope you dont mind.
Untitled-1.png

Aaaa it's really nice to see all your Pokemon art layed out right here so clearly!
I do have a few suggestions if you want! Try experimenting with thick lineart on the outside, and as you work your way into the details, make your brush smaller. I don't usually do that on my art, but I've seen some artists with styles similar to yours that pull it off really nicely and I think it might look really good with your art.
I'd also reccomend sliding the opacity of the shadow behind the Pokemon in the RoA Community Ladder, and maybe making it a bit smaller.

I know we have fairly different styles, so take what I say with a grain of salt haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)