Smogon Masters I - Top Cut Play-Ins & Round 1 [REPLAYS NEEDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko

Sun God
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I have a question since brackets are formed already can we play the next game if we know our oppo? 10 points to the best answer thanks

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I was told to add more transparency that I forgot to mention w/ this situation by a TD, so I'll throw my side out here:

Leru's profile is completely blocked. I cannot message him on Smogon, so I'd have to wait for him to message me back (which is already troublesome, my opponent has their PMs blocked!). I get a message on the second week with his times, none of them specify the weekend. I asked if there was a day available where you could play Fri-Sun and got the reply back for Friday. I cant give you a justification for missing my time. It was a timezone mistake, a simple mistake a human can make, there's nothing more to it. But it's Friday, we have a whole weekend ahead of us, and if we need to we can ask for an extension which I asked per Host and was confirmed that the option would be available. In short, I am available for the next 100+ hours, we can make it happen at any time you want, wake me up at 4am and I'll play you. Lets just fucking play Pokemon, br0.

So now that I finally find his discord, Larry is online on discord talking in multiple servers about our situation but continues to ghost me and every single friend of mine and his asking about the game being played.

"Leave your profile open to VMs or be the first to initiate contact when a round is posted."

Larry — Today at
but like
from my pov
this dude doesnt contact until week 2 (neither did i but besides ze point)

I literally could not contact you on Smogon, you contacted me week 2 and barely got to mention you werent free on the weekend. Had I known any of this earlier we could have had little to no problems. I just couldnt reach out to you.

For the next 100+ hours, we can still find a time. If you truly want to play this game as much as I do, the extension is available. But the people want to see games and I'd be more than happy to show what I've been cooking up this entire week, but I can't do anything but fight for it at this point. Im trying my hardest, Im not really hopeful you'll respond but I'm ready whenever. As for TDs, I just wanted to provide more transparency in this case.

You're insincere. And a massive asshole.

When initially contacting you, I mentioned tuesday through friday as my availability - I had little to no availability this weekend and was gonna be on phone at best almost the entire time. so I wanted to get this done before then.

You could've tagged me in the thread saying to contact you or unblock my profile (which is procedure according to the scheduling guidelines, by the way), could've started a conversation with me or could've hit me up on Discord. I know you had my discord because (1) I tried to reach you several times when you quit on my ADVPL team mid-season a couple weeks ago and (2) you SUDDENLY managed to find my discord 2.5 hours after the scheduled time? Sure buddy. Yet you did none of these things, and you try to pin the blame for that entirely on me? That's just being dishonest man. Own up to your mistakes.
image.png

So now that I finally find his discord, Larry is online on discord talking in multiple servers about our situation but continues to ghost me and every single friend of mine and his asking about the game being played.
Why, yes, I am going to check Discord on a regular basis when I manage a SCL team thats currently in a tiebreak situation. Shocker. Doesn't mean I can play.

You missed the scheduled time on a friday, I waited for 40 minutes instead of the strictly needed 15, you still failed to show, I have little to no availability this weekend so I am going to be calling activity. Is that so weird? I'm not going to inconvenience myself in any way because you fail to properly convert a time and miss the scheduled time. That's on you. To put it in the words of one of the several people you sent after me this weekend: Grow up.

ima

Take me to your leader
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
You're insincere. And a massive asshole.

When initially contacting you, I mentioned tuesday through friday as my availability - I had little to no availability this weekend and was gonna be on phone at best almost the entire time. so I wanted to get this done before then.

You could've tagged me in the thread saying to contact you or unblock my profile (which is procedure according to the scheduling guidelines, by the way), could've started a conversation with me or could've hit me up on Discord. I know you had my discord because (1) I tried to reach you several times when you quit on my ADVPL team mid-season a couple weeks ago and (2) you SUDDENLY managed to find my discord 2.5 hours after the scheduled time? Sure buddy. Yet you did none of these things, and you try to pin the blame for that entirely on me? That's just being dishonest man. Own up to your mistakes.
View attachment 578373

Why, yes, I am going to check Discord on a regular basis when I manage a SCL team thats currently in a tiebreak situation. Shocker. Doesn't mean I can play.

You missed the scheduled time on a friday, I waited for 40 minutes instead of the strictly needed 15, you still failed to show, I have little to no availability this weekend so I am going to be calling activity. Is that so weird? I'm not going to inconvenience myself in any way because you fail to properly convert a time and miss the scheduled time. That's on you. To put it in the words of one of the several people you sent after me this weekend: Grow up.
This post seems pretty filled with a weird amount of animosity towards me that you finally chose to show because you're getting your own logs exposed in the servers you're talking dirt in. Interesting how being hypocritical can take you to these heights, right?

I was not rude to you in any way in my post. I could have said much more - but I'm not gonna match you and act your shoe size. You bringing logs in a case that is completely irrelevant to this thread shows you don't have much to offer except brain-rot drama and the (not so surprising) consistency of being rude.
I do however, have multiple logs of you talking in all of your servers about the game that we were supposed to play, and the fact you're replying now after being called out is embarrassing. Play the game, you're a repeated offender of this. Nothing you say is going to reassure that you're not an asshole.

Your profile is blocked. Had you messaged me earlier, none of this would have happened. If you had me on discord, then just.. message me? I don't have the time you have to check who's who on Stours. IDs changed right before I left your server.

If you have time to write something this exhausting to read, you have time to spend 20mins of your time playing me for a series of Pokemon.

You mentioning my departure from your discord while the screenshot explicitly says I'm going through something serious is much more of an addition to your hypocrisy and unsportsmanlike behavior. You act like you weren't one of the reasons why I left (you attempted to berate me after losing in my SMPL finals game) and I also prepped and played my ADVPL finals game with teammates from our Discord (who was mostly in TSS anyways)

I'm still available any time you want.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I was asked to make a post explaining the activity call decision(s) for this round.

Rubyblood vs LpZ -
Rubyblood has forfeited seemingly all their tournaments, including Smogon Masters. LpZ was granted the victory.

ima vs Leru -
No contact was made between opponents for the majority of the round (counting the week of Play-Ins as part of this timeframe) - Leru eventually PMed ima midway through the time. Notably, ima could not reach out to Leru on Smogon, but did not make a request in the thread for Leru to make their profile accessible, a requirement here.
Despite this delay, both opponents agreed on a time through private messages on the forum. The scheduled time arrived, and due to a mistake, ima missed the scheduled time. Leru waited the required grace period, and later requested an activity win. ima showed up after the grace period, and attempted multiple times to reschedule the game or request an extension, but Leru did not show interest or willingness to do so. Leru is within their rights to do so, according to the scheduling guidelines.
After discussing options with the hosts and several tournament directors, the decision to grant the activity win to Leru was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)