Announcement SmogonVGC Lives - Info and Host Signups

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
1642375818171.png

Beginning February 5th, Smogon VGC will return to running live tournaments for the first time in six years!
How does it work?

A host will post a thread calling for signups. To join the tournament, simply post "in" on that tournament thread with your Pokemon Showdown username. After 30 minutes, the host will post a challonge bracket either on Discord or Pokemon Showdown and the tournament will commence. The format will be Swiss with Top Cut. At 16 or fewer entrants, the top cut size will be all X-1 finishers or top 4, whichever is greater. At 17 or more players, the top cut size will be all X-2 finishers.

What do I win?

Points for the Smogon VGC circuit! Playing can also qualify you for the top 8 playoff, where you can receive additional points and other prizes To Be Announced!

How can I help?

We're looking for hosts! I'll handle the final playoff, but we'll need hosts to fill 8 time slots for Saturdays and Sundays throughout the month of February. The available slots are:

Saturday February 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th - Signups open at 4 PM GMT -5
Sunday February 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th - Signups open at 10 AM GMT -5

Expect hosting to be a 3-4 hour commitment. Host efforts will go towards either the Pre-Contributor or Community Contributor badge! To signup as a host, simply reply to this thread with the dates that you'll be available for. You can post as many or as few as you'd like, and I'll contact you about moving forward.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)