Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Fighting Kyurem Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 342-404 (52.4 - 61.9%)
Who has the courage to try to land 2 hits in a row?
To avoid a 1-line post, think about the Freeze-Dry coverage that not even Tera Blast can give.

Great news. It's nice to see a ban in DLC 2 besides Arch. Volc in particular was way too much cheese and matchup flipping. Not dealing with it will make things much easier on the builder. It was very necessary to see it go.

I mean I'm glad Volc went, but I feel like the tera problem will be unavoidable at a certain point, since i common thread amongst all the brokens and potential brokens not named waterpon or Kyurem on Finch's graph is almost all due to tera, I think tera is actively making the meta less fun to play, amd is the reason why I don't engage because the tier isn't fun and is not fun to build teams for at all, not banning tera is easily the biggest tiering mistake of this entire gen, and I think we as a community need to take accountability for that.
As someone who has also been anti-Tera, I don't really think this is the time to harp on it. I also believe the Volc ban would be more likely to result in action on Tera than if it hadn't happened. Off the top of my head, you can now point to at least Regieleki, Espathra, and Volcarona that were banned in part because of Tera Blast specifically. Ogerpon has one form banned and another heavily on the radar, both of which probably wouldn't be needed without Tera. There has been a lot of stuff that was broken regardless, but now pretty much everything that is left is a borderline threat. A potential case is forming that an increasing percentage of these bans are/will be because Tera pushed them over the top.