Metagame SV UU Metagame Discussion - The Indigo Disk

Honestly Rain and Iron Crown seem like the most obvious suspects/bans at the moment.

Iron Crown is a matchup fish and very difficult to check/counter like Golt was if your team is weak to it plus all the other tera variance making it stupid to deal with, and just overall being an unhealthy matchup fish like Goltres and Latias were due to stored power booster energy antics

And rain just makes Zapdos/Torn rain teams too strong so a peli sus/ban is also gonna happen.

Iron Crown and Rain feel like the most obvious things to have action next as they feel like the most controversial presences and least healthy ones to me.

Honestly Rain and Iron Crown seem like the most obvious suspects/bans at the moment.

Iron Crown is a matchup fish and very difficult to check/counter like Golt was if your team is weak to it plus all the other tera variance making it stupid to deal with, and just overall being an unhealthy matchup fish like Goltres and Latias were due to stored power booster energy antics

And rain just makes Zapdos/Torn rain teams too strong so a peli sus/ban is also gonna happen.

Iron Crown and Rain feel like the most obvious things to have action next as they feel like the most controversial presences and least healthy ones to me.
Iron Crown? Maybe I haven't seen a lot in play, but I haven't seen anyone run a decent agility + calm mind sweep with it in a while since it's typing and abilities are nowhere near as good as Latias and Moltres-G. I suppose it's a match up fish, but it feels something more like calm mind sinistcha where it's much more manageable especially with good ground types like excadrill and mamoswine to check it, even then it doesn't have great coverage moves like draco meteor.

I don't want to be dismissive on this topic since I haven't played a lot of ladder lately but I think Iron Crown is not so ridiculous to consider a suspect test or ban. And it really has better things to be doing then going for a CM sweep like being a defensive pivot with Assault Vest or something.

Last edited:
From bulbapedia:
"First Impression inflicts damage. It has a priority of +2, and is used before moves of lower priority."

"Triage increases the priority of moves that restore HP used by the Pokémon with this Ability by 3, including both damaging moves and status moves."
first impression is only +2 priority, so comfey does outspeed.
On Comfey itself, Its annoying but fine. It's a big MU fish and is usually too inconsistent to do a lot in most MUs. Could be better eventually but is kinda mid for now
Ah ok mb. I thought first impression had more priority than E speed.

anyone else seeing Comfey use on the ladder? I find it funny how it's being used to counter Lokix cause triage moves before first impression
no... comfey is just a sweeper that can take advantage of tera fire and tera ground and use boosted drianing kisses to clean games.. still niche considering even with LO it isnt hitting that hard but it can be a terror into offense MU's. Also its dead weight without tera

comfey prob doesnt want to take a knock off anyway considering how valuable the extra power from life orb is.

Also another clanger post

i think SD is a very solid option

:ss/Kommo-o: @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Bulletproof
Tera Type: Steel / Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Iron Head / Thunder Punch

Well what does it do? well compared to regular dd this has much much more power after a boost... compared to regular clanger you can still take advantage of its passivity esp at +1 with relying on drain punch and thunder punch (non stab until after tera). With an SD up you all of a sudden can nuke stuff like slowking, def zapdos, tinkaton, etc

+2 252 Atk Kommo-o Scale Shot (4 hits) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Slowking: 292-348 (74.1 - 88.3%) -- approx. 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Kommo-o Scale Shot (4 hits) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Zapdos: 256-304 (66.6 - 79.1%) -- approx. 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Kommo-o Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 279-328 (76.6 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

this is a lot of damage to pokemon, and while dd kommo-o with lefties has a lot of defensive utility this one sacrifices it to make sure you can punch a team in its face at underestimating how much dmg kommo-o does. Esp with scale shot boosts you can really get out control.

"But why should i use this?"

well... it has a lot of surprise factor behind it, surprise factor is smth a lot of people look over esp on ladder and in tours where people wont know what ur going to bring, using +2 scale shot to kill zapdos with a 5 hit scale shot and mowing down their team on what they thought "i can force out tera electric and pivot to a counter / they alr used tera electric, this is of no threat to me".

Surprise factor is nice to but I believe this set is also pretty good without the surprise factor, knowing you can com in later in the game and SD on more balance teams and nuke a lot of counters that you would not be able to without the boost is smth a lot of people look over and kommo-o is a versatile pokemon, who knows what its going to do from preview

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 3)