Swag Surfin' [GEN5 OU]

SWAG SURFIN'
[A GEN5 OU Team by yay4failure (y4f)]

SWAG SURFIN' is yet another take on bulky offense / semi-stall, revised for the new additions of generation 5. The main concept I built this team off of was balance and well-defined structure. The way I see it, every successful team needs certain roles filled. In SWAG SURFIN', I clearly laid out the roles I needed filled and chose appropriate pokemon with good synergy and complementary skills.​

- - - - - - - -
Fitted (Borutorosu) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Change
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Specs Borutorosu is an incredible lead for many reasons. First, the ability to OHKO and force out many common leads. Second, the ability to scout via a STAB 70 powered move that hits many common leads for neutral or super effective damage. Last, an incredible 111 base speed stat and an above-par base 125 special attack allow boru to outspeed and severely dent many leads. One of the reasons a more anti-lead offensive Borutorosu can be more effective is that many players will expect Taunt leads, and will switch out or play differently, expecting me to stay in. The Volt Change can hit people pretty hard, and has a lot of surprise factor. Mischievous Heart is a great ability, but has little use on this set. Choice Specs allow for the OHKO on TTar with Focus Blast, as well as an incredibly jacked up Thunderbolt and high powered Volt Change. HP Ice allows Boru to take out predicted Ground-type switchins. Timid nature ensures that base 110s are hit first, and max special attack is self explanatory.

- - - - - - - -
Hard (Nattorei) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Nattorei is an incredible set-up poke mainly due to its incredible defenses. It synergizes well with Borutorosu by taking Ice and Rock attacks well, and forces switches via Leech Seed. This allows Nattorei to rack up damage with Stealth Rocks and constant seeding, meanwhile hitting the opponent hard with STAB Gyro Ball and Power Whip coming off of a respectable attack stat. Defense EVs are balanced in order to allow maximum overall bulk, and to enable setting up on both sides of the spectrum. Leftovers allows me to stay strong throughout the battle.

- - - - - - - -
SwagStar (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Offensive LO Starmie is an incredible member of this team. It easily comes in, forces switches with the threat of boosted STAB Hydro Pump, and spins away hazards. BoltBeam + Hydro Pump is unresisted sans Volt Absorb Lanturn, and allows Starmie to dispatch of a wide variety of pokes. Tyranitar, Latios, Sazandora, Mence, DNite, and friends are all easily swept by Starmie after some residual damage and Stealth Rock damage. This Starmie serves as a secondary check to Gyarados, as it outspeeds Bulky viariants after a DD and OHKOs. The EVs allow me to outspeed and OHKO a lot of frail threats that hover around base 95-110, such as Borutorosu, Gengar, Infernape, Garchomp, Sazandora, Hihidaruma, and more. Basically, Starmie serves as a check to hyperoffensive frail sweepers, and spins away hazards against fullstall teams that can't easily OHKO it or force it out.

- - - - - - - -
MamaPringles (Burungeru) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Burungeru is my replacement for Dusclops. In my opinion, Burungeru's massive HP Stat allows it to take most special hits better than Dusclops, and can burn physical foes, forcing them out, crippling them, and rendering them useless. The nature and EVs are to maximize special bulk, ensuring that Burungeru can take hits from both sides of the spectrum with the help of Will-O-Wisp. Surf is a standard STAB move that allows me to hit bulky Ground-types, TTar switch-ins, and Infernape / Blaziken / Hihidaruma / Ninetales. Ice Beam lets me smack Garchomp and his Dragon-type Brethen that assume they can safely set up without fear. Recover is obvious, as it makes Burungeru a massive pain to take down. Burungeru fills its role in this team very well as an antispinner, special wall, and status spreader.

- - - - - - - -
Organic (Birijion) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Holy Sword
- Leaf Blade

Birijion fills a variety of important roles on this team. Firstly, Birijion serves as a stall breaker thanks to its ability to disrupt and set up on the infamous Natty + Pringles (Burungeru) combo. Dual STAB Holy Sword and Leaf Blade, boosted by SD easily run through the pair. Birijion's incredible boosting movepool and base stats allow it to set up on most special attackers, thanks to 120 base special defense and 108 base speed. Jolly nature allows me to outrun neutral base 110s and all base 105s and below. EV investment is obvious, since Birijion's natural bulk warrants full offensive EV investments in order to maximize sweeping potential. Birijion took the place of Breloom and Rankurusu on this team. Not only does it resist Leech Seed (like the aforementioned two pokemon), it sets up faster, has better type coverage, and better natural bulk (than Breloom) and natural speed / offense (than Rankurusu). This can also serve as an effective check to Doryuuzu, resisting the infamous EdgeQuake (or rather, SlideQuake). The last move (Leaf Blade) is nice in order to run through Burungeru, but X-Scissor is another possibility. Opinions on that? X-Scissor allows for more effective removal of Rankurusu and other psychic friends - though they lack physical defense and are probably KO'd by Leaf Blade anyways...

- - - - - - - -
9000+ (Hihidaruma) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
What a monster. While Smogon may say that Hihidaruma needs a band to "hit like a truck", I beg to differ. Scarfed Hihidaruma is a force to be reckoned with, stil 2KOing weakened bulky waters, and dominating anything unresisted. While building this team, the desire for something to have both blistering speed and boosted attack power was omnipresent in my mind. Encourage + 140 base attack and a Choice Scarf fulfilled all my desires. When combined with the constant spinning support of Tentacruel (as well as decent type synergy, sans Ground-type moves), Hihi runs through lots of teams that don't have a solid fire resist. The other moves in Hihidaruma's moveset are obvious for the most effective coverage. Rock Slide is used over Stone Edge because of the insignificant drop in power and the significant increase in accuracy thanks to Encourage. Superpower allows Hihi to smack TTar and Heatran switchins.​

- - - - - - - -
Swag (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Offensive Rapid Spin Tentacruel is a novelty (gimmick) set that, while not by any means standard, hits a lot of pokes hard, and easily OHKOs the pokemon that assume Tentacruel's lackluster offensive stats aren't as high as they are in actuality. Base 100 speed and 80 special attack, combined with amazing natural bulk based off of 120 special defense allows for a pseudo sweeper that can revenge kill certain threats, completely counter pokes like Ludicolo and most forms of Blaziken / Infernape, bluff TSpikes and draw switches from Xatu / Espeon, then 2 - 3KO. Tentacruel also can hit and poison Burungeru switchins with STAB Sludge Bomb, as well as hit other spinblockers like Goruggo, Dusclops, and Gengar hard. Tentacruel also soaks up Toxic Spikes and can come in without fear on pokes like Nattorei, Forry, and friends. Liquid Ooze makes Nattorei feel the pain from Leech Seed, and forces switches, allowing my Borutorosu to rack up more damage and generate switch advantage via Volt Change.

- - - - - - - -
Faded (Dusclops) (M) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray

Dusclops is debatably the best spin-blocker in GEN5. This Double-Status variant of Dusclops can absorb spin and effectively cripple whatever switches in, hitting first with 100% accurate Confuse Ray, then limiting offensive options with WoW. Night Shade allows for 100 damage, 3-4KOing most non-bulky pokes in the game, and easily 2KOing when combined with burn damage, confusion damage, entry hazards, and weather. Pain Split allows Dusclops to regain a lot of health, and works very well with his trashy base 40 HP stat. The main reason Dusknoir is utilized over Dusknoir is due to much better defensive stats, thanks to the Evolution Stone. The 10 less HP points not only add to Pain Split's effectiveness, but don't impact overall survivability nearly as much as the boosted defenses. Shadow Punch and other offensive moves were considered on this set, but deemed unnecessary mainly due to terrible offensive stats, and no need. This Dusclops can stall out Blissey via WoW and Confusion, mainly because Pain Split regains a massive amount of health. The choice between Night Shade and Seismic Toss is one I'm still not sure of, Night Shade is currently used to hit Burungeru and other ghosts.

Thanks for reading, PLEASE RATE.

[[ONE LAST LOOK]]

Actually, I do believe Poison Heal Gliscor has been released, so you can use one on your team, and you should.

You should replace Download with Trace on Porygon 2 and here's one of many reasons. If you switch into a Gliscor that is either using Fling or Toxic you are now poisoned with the Poison Heal ability. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to kill a Porygon 2 with those defenses and super leftovers on top of Recover? Man, what a nightmare that was for me. Not to mention it can switch into Gyarados and Intimidate, get Encourage boosts off of Nidoking, etc.

As for Rank, making him Modest instead of Bold with the same EVs will give you a higher stat total. I'd highly recommend replacing Psycho Shock for Psychic simply because Roopushin is everywhere and Blissey is dropping severely.

Actually, I do believe Poison Heal Gliscor has been released, so you can use one on your team, and you should.

You should replace Download with Trace on Porygon 2 and here's one of many reasons. If you switch into a Gliscor that is either using Fling or Toxic you are now poisoned with the Poison Heal ability. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to kill a Porygon 2 with those defenses and super leftovers on top of Recover? Man, what a nightmare that was for me. Not to mention it can switch into Gyarados and Intimidate, get Encourage boosts off of Nidoking, etc.

As for Rank, making him Modest instead of Bold with the same EVs will give you a higher stat total. I'd highly recommend replacing Psycho Shock for Psychic simply because Roopushin is everywhere and Blissey is dropping severely.
Makes lots of sense. I should've been more aware of how good Trace can be. Seeing as P2 isn't that offensive anyways, I'm sure it'll be much more effective than Download.

I understand that Poison Heal Gliscor is released, but I was under the impression that Dream World isn't based on if the pokemon is released or not - I thought it was based on if it acquired the ability via Dream World only or not. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the Psycho Shock vs Psychic is an interesting debate, but Roobushin doesn't really pose that big of a threat to my team at all, so I'd rather keep Psycho Shock. Gliscor and Breloom can outstall it and Latios can revenge kill. Seeing as Blissey / Chansey pose bigger threats to my team than Roob (Breloom is the only one who can consistently take out Chansey / Blissey without fail), I think I'll keep Psycho Shock for now. Depending on the playtesting I will probably change it later. I suppose Psychic with the SDef drops and boosted SAtk could end up taking out Blissey, especially with Focus Blast too.

Anyways, thanks a bunch for the rate.

More feedback, please!

Hi! Foretress should only run Payback and so you can have Toxic spikes over Gyro Ball. Now you have a problem. Foretress sets up hazards, and then they get spun away. This seems like a stall team and so you need a Ghost type. Breloom is doing nothing for your team, it's a odd choice so try Pre Evolution Stone Dusclops. Reaches massive defensive stats and can check Doryuzzu with burns. Now for better synergy try ScarfChomp over Latias. The reason for this is that Latias has bad synergy with your team. Next move Forry to the lead as ScarfChomp is not a very good lead. Finally Psychic over Psychi shock on Rankurusu. The poke mon you listed can't touch Rankurusu as it goes up to +6. At +6 it 2HKOes Blissey,so use Psychic

Gl with your team.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
~ Dragon Claw*
~ Outrage*
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast

Dusknoir @ Pre Evolution Stone
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def Bold
~Shadow Punch
~Will-O-Wisp
~Pain Split
~Seismic Toss

The Dream World tier is for all abilities a pokemon is capable of obtaining, whether or not Game Freaks has officially released them online or not. In the standard tiers you are only allowed to use pokemon with released abilities. That's why you don't see Shadow Tag Shandera or Perversity Jaroda there. Dream World tier does not mean "Dream World abilities only".

Hi! Foretress should only run Payback and so you can have Toxic spikes over Gyro Ball. Now you have a problem. Foretress sets up hazards, and then they get spun away. This seems like a stall team and so you need a Ghost type. Breloom is doing nothing for your team, it's a odd choice so try Pre Evolution Stone Dusclops. Reaches massive defensive stats and can check Doryuzzu with burns. Now for better synergy try ScarfChomp over Latias. The reason for this is that Latias has bad synergy with your team. Next move Forry to the lead as ScarfChomp is not a very good lead. Finally Psychic over Psychi shock on Rankurusu. The poke mon you listed can't touch Rankurusu as it goes up to +6. At +6 it 2HKOes Blissey,so use Psychic

Gl with your team.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
~ Dragon Claw*
~ Outrage*
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast

Dusknoir @ Pre Evolution Stone
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def Bold
~Shadow Punch
~Will-O-Wisp
~Pain Split
~Seismic Toss
This is not stall, as I mentioned, I do NOT want to rely on lots of layers of hazards as a win condition. I want it to be a balanced team. However, I can see Pre-Evo Dusclops being a very effective counter to Dory, and I feel like it could take P2's place. Burn counters physical attackers, and I could always maximize special bulk so it could serve as a special wall. we'll see. Toxic Spikes are always fun, so I'll test them out on Forry.

Thanks for the rate.

The Dream World tier is for all abilities a pokemon is capable of obtaining, whether or not Game Freaks has officially released them online or not. In the standard tiers you are only allowed to use pokemon with released abilities. That's why you don't see Shadow Tag Shandera or Perversity Jaroda there. Dream World tier does not mean "Dream World abilities only".
Aha. Yeah, I found out PH Gliscor works since PO doesn't move my tier when I added it.

Made some huge changes to the team. After seeing that Gliscor was easily walled by pokes like Zapdos and Borutorosu, and realizing Fling could be easily played around, I also noticed that Breloom's lack of speed and STAB Fighting move / coverage hurt it. I decided to go with Birijion. Scarf Latios was replaced with Scarf Hihidaruma, and Forry's job as a spinner replaced by Tentacruel. Nattorei is now used to set up hazards. It's been working quite a bit better, due to a better lead and more synergy. Also, surprise factor with SDBiri and Offensive Spin Tentacruel (> Starmie in my opinion).

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here is my rate. Skipping for now the team as a whole part as I am very tired and could easily mess it up, but here is what I have. I might take another look when I wake up and look at synergy and such.

- - - - - - - -
Hard (Nattorei) (M) @ Rugged Helmet / Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
If you are running Gyro Ball on Nattorei (or any Pokemon for that matter) you will always want a -Spe Nature. While several members of your team have great Special Defense, they have lackluster defenses. Highlighting Nattorei's great Defense I feel will help this, allowing him to better benefit your team. I personally find Rugged Helmet a bit gimmicky, but if you are going to use it over Leftovers then you have to rely on Leech Seed for your recovery. This makes using Leech Seed throughout the battle more of necessity rather than an option.

- - - - - - - -
Swag (Starmie) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
I feel that offensive Rapid Spin Tentacruel is heavily outclassed by Starmie's great Speed and Special Attack, especially since you are not using Tentacruel to set up Toxic Spikes. While Starmie might now be able to absorb Toxic Spikes, Natural Cure and Recover make that fact less of an issue. Not only does Starmie has better offensive stats, it also have better Type coverage and a reliable recover move to help along the process. As a tiny added bonus, Starmie can also potentially lure Dark attacks for Bijirion to switch into and get the Justice Heart boost. Do not rely on this, however, as that is often ruined by the initial team preview stage.

- - - - - - - -
Faded (Dusclops) (M) @ Evolution Stone
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray
First off, I don't see why you really need a Rapid Spinner with your listed team, since it really only has SR and Nattorei can set that up all day. Second, I don't feel that you need to prioritize Dusclops' Defense when you are using WoW. Instead focus on the Special Defense in order to make it take hit better overall (after burning Pokemon).

Here is my rate. Skipping for now the team as a whole part as I am very tired and could easily mess it up, but here is what I have. I might take another look when I wake up and look at synergy and such.

If you are running Gyro Ball on Nattorei (or any Pokemon for that matter) you will always want a -Spe Nature. While several members of your team have great Special Defense, they have lackluster defenses. Highlighting Nattorei's great Defense I feel will help this, allowing him to better benefit your team. I personally find Rugged Helmet a bit gimmicky, but if you are going to use it over Leftovers then you have to rely on Leech Seed for your recovery. This makes using Leech Seed throughout the battle more of necessity rather than an option.​

I feel that offensive Rapid Spin Tentacruel is heavily outclassed by Starmie's great Speed and Special Attack, especially since you are not using Tentacruel to set up Toxic Spikes. While Starmie might now be able to absorb Toxic Spikes, Natural Cure and Recover make that fact less of an issue. Not only does Starmie has better offensive stats, it also have better Type coverage and a reliable recover move to help along the process. As a tiny added bonus, Starmie can also potentially lure Dark attacks for Bijirion to switch into and get the Justice Heart boost. Do not rely on this, however, as that is often ruined by the initial team preview stage.

First off, I don't see why you really need a Rapid Spinner with your listed team, since it really only has SR and Nattorei can set that up all day. Second, I don't feel that you need to prioritize Dusclops' Defense when you are using WoW. Instead focus on the Special Defense in order to make it take hit better overall (after burning Pokemon).
Thanks for the rate Ditto. I decided to run LO Offensive Starmie over Tentacruel, and it's working wonders. Being able to outspeed and OHKO frail sweepers is amazing. I switched Dusclops for Burungeru, as it's a superior wall and forms the perfect Natty - Burungeru defensive core. And I am currently running Relaxed on my Natty - maybe I accidentally exported an earlier version of the team. But thanks. And yes, I am going for a more physically defensive variant now.

More rates, please!

A question: I've been considering running a bulky CM Birijion instead of my current set. Opinions on that?

Nice team. First theat I notice is Substitute Skymin. It hits 4 of your Pokemon for Super Effective damage (Seed Flare, Earth Power, Air Slash), and the other 2 are slower so they can be Flinch haxed to death. Your best chance is Hihidaruma which does outspeed, but when it's behind a Substitute, it OHKOs with Earth Power. I recommend anything with Ice Shard, which OHKOs Skymin pretty much everytime, as long as its Substitute is gone. I usually use a Choice Banded Weavile, which works pretty well. Next threat I see is Scarfed Gengar (Thunderbolt for Starmie, Burugeru; Shadow Ball for Burugeru, Hihidaruma since Hihidaruma is pretty frail; Hidden Power [ICE] for Borotorosu, Birijion; Focus Blast for Nattorei). This is also where a Choice Band Weavile would come in handy. A Choice Band Pursuit will OHKO whether he switches or not, and it'll work if you come in for a Revenge, not when Gengar used Focus Blast of course. But other than that, Weavile would work.

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Pursuit

Try using the above set over Starmie. Good luck.

Nice team. First theat I notice is Substitute Skymin. It hits 4 of your Pokemon for Super Effective damage (Seed Flare, Earth Power, Air Slash), and the other 2 are slower so they can be Flinch haxed to death. Your best chance is Hihidaruma which does outspeed, but when it's behind a Substitute, it OHKOs with Earth Power. I recommend anything with Ice Shard, which OHKOs Skymin pretty much everytime, as long as its Substitute is gone. I usually use a Choice Banded Weavile, which works pretty well. Next threat I see is Scarfed Gengar (Thunderbolt for Starmie, Burugeru; Shadow Ball for Burugeru, Hihidaruma since Hihidaruma is pretty frail; Hidden Power [ICE] for Borotorosu, Birijion; Focus Blast for Nattorei). This is also where a Choice Band Weavile would come in handy. A Choice Band Pursuit will OHKO whether he switches or not, and it'll work if you come in for a Revenge, not when Gengar used Focus Blast of course. But other than that, Weavile would work.

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Pursuit

Try using the above set over Starmie. Good luck.
That's an interesting idea. I HAVE been having a lot of trouble with Skymin. What I generally do is use something as death fodder, then revenge kill with Hihidaruma. Also, Scarfed Gengar doesn't even come close to OHKOing Burungeru, and I can OHKO back. Focus Blast has shaky accuracy, and won't OHKO Nattorei without Modest (while Gyro Ball OHKOs back factoring in rocks). I'll definitely playtest it though. What I may try instead is running a Bulky SDefensive Zapdos in my lead spot, and use that to counter Skymin. Not only can it threaten to OHKO with HP Ice / Heat Wave, it walls Air Slash, Seed Flare, and Earth Power, and I believe it's only 3KOd by HP Ice.

Thanks for the rate.

Any opinions on the Zapdos set, guys? Also, what about the CM Birijion.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First off, nice looking team. I really like the overhaul you did. Now about Birijion: I am using a similar bulky offense team and am also using Birijion, so I have some expirience. I suggest at least thinking about using close combat. I originally used holy sword because of no defensive drop, but I tried close combat and am sticking with it. The switches I'm making because of the drop (not many) I would have made anyway and leave me in a better position. 30 power makes a huge deference and helps balance his average attack.

First off, nice looking team. I really like the overhaul you did. Now about Birijion: I am using a similar bulky offense team and am also using Birijion, so I have some expirience. I suggest at least thinking about using close combat. I originally used holy sword because of no defensive drop, but I tried close combat and am sticking with it. The switches I'm making because of the drop (not many) I would have made anyway and leave me in a better position. 30 power makes a huge deference and helps balance his average attack.
The main reason I run Holy Sword is for Roobushin. Roobushin often comes in on Birijion, expecting to be able to set up. They Bulk Up.. I SD. They Mach Punch / Bulk Up again.. I OHKO with +2 Holy Sword, ignoring their +1. Ignoring target's stat changes is hilariously effective against that stuff. However, I will test Close Combat - I can see how the switches would be smarter plays anyways.

Thanks for the rate. Any more?

I would definitely consider testing Hidden Power Ice on Birjion. Gliscor is everywhere these days and having an answer to a pokemon that would otherwise wall you to death is nice. Even, though you have Starmie, HP Ice is still useful when you are sweeping with Birjion and has so much utility in this metagame. You hit a bunch of dragons and many pokemon that hang around the Base 100 Speed tier for super effective damage. Also seconding the suggestion above to test Close Combat as the power increase more than makes up for the defense drops.

Hope this helps.

I would definitely consider testing Hidden Power Ice on Birjion. Gliscor is everywhere these days and having an answer to a pokemon that would otherwise wall you to death is nice. Even, though you have Starmie, HP Ice is still useful when you are sweeping with Birjion and has so much utility in this metagame. You hit a bunch of dragons and many pokemon that hang around the Base 100 Speed tier for super effective damage. Also seconding the suggestion above to test Close Combat as the power increase more than makes up for the defense drops.

Hope this helps.

What should I drop for HP Ice? I can see it being useful, but not nearly as useful as the other 3 moves. Also, I shouldn't stay in on Gliscor anyways since I won't OHKO with HP Ice and it can OHKO back.

I'll definitely test CC.

I neglected to see that you don't run Life Orb. If you do try out HP Ice, use it with Life Orb and over Stone Edge. Iirc, it should ko with Life Orb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)