The Battle of Hueco Mundo [OU Warstory]

Status
Not open for further replies.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It kinda ruined it for me that your whole end game plan was based off of you asking your opponent what his last was instead of thinking about it yourself but otherwise I definitely enjoyed this warstory, solid predictions, good work!

Aside from the lolbleach title and the smug opening, it was actually kinda great.

Oh, but your opponent was actually the star here though, he completely outpredicted you.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The bulls-eye prediction by hypervortex's Heatran & Suicune (no wonder he made it to #19 on ladder) combined with the complete upset by a freakin Adamant ScarfGon is what really made this battle an interesting read. Some posters have faulted you for the untimely knock outs of the first half of your team, but that's 20/20 hindsight imo (although switching Azelf into a Sub Heatran was quite ballsy!). Like Stathakis has mentioned, hypervortex misplayed in the end that granted you the chance of victory, but the fact that you had a good plan D after all that had went wrong (not having SR and esp. losing your Lucario so early) and ended up winning was awesome.

My only nitpick - Heatran (behind sub) vs Vaporeon. I would have Wished first to ensure that Vaporeon would regain whatever damage it took right after it phazed Heatran. Ultimately, it is a trivial difference, because Vaporeon would have most certainly be 2HKOed by Suicune anyways.

I guess I also liked your warstory, because I can relate to that same cornered situation that you were in; it seems so hopeless after losing my key players by surprise :[ Thus, I felt good when you pulled a win by keeping a cool head throughout the game.
Yeah, people tend to do that 20/20 hindsight thing a lot, but I definitely concede that losing Lucario for nothing was just plain bad on my part. The only reason I sent Azelf in against SubTran was so I could set up SR, as it was getting to be of higher and higher priority. About Vaporeon vs. Heatran, yeah I suppose I could have Wished, but then I would've had to Protect next turn due to the LO Tran being able to 2HKO Vappy at that point, and I would've been stuck in an endless Wish/Protect loop hoping not to get critted, so it's a good thing I didn't. Anyway, thanks for the compliments dude.

I cannot give this warstory any higher than a 3/10 knowing a Flygon sweep was involved.
-__-

Awesome warstory, I love that double commentary. XD Quite amusing. And god, I will never ever underestimate a Flygon ever again.
Thanks a lot, and yeah Flygon is a beast.

It kinda ruined it for me that your whole end game plan was based off of you asking your opponent what his last was instead of thinking about it yourself but otherwise I definitely enjoyed this warstory, solid predictions, good work!
I guess you can look at it that way, but I figure that had his Shaymin not critted my Rotom, I wouldn't have needed the info, so it was only "fair" that he told me. Besides, due to him having a Heatran, I would've been forced to EQ regardless, and the outcome would've been the same. Anyway, thanks for the compliment dude, I appreciate it.

Aside from the lolbleach title and the smug opening, it was actually kinda great.

Oh, but your opponent was actually the star here though, he completely outpredicted you.
Yo, Bleach is awesome, and what do you mean smug opening? Did I make myself sound like an ass or something? Also, well yeah, he is consistently on the top half of the leaderboard, and I play about ten matches a day. On top of that, there was a House marathon on TV so I was a bit distracted. But yeah, thanks for the compliment, I hope you enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)