Other Metagames The Killer. AG RMT. Peaked #8 with 1923 and 95.6% GXE

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
The Killer

Hello, this is my first AG RMT! I was originally going to make one a long time ago back in 2016 when AG first came out and I had peaked with numerous accounts in the top ten of the ladder with a crazy 97 GXE with my stupid Choice Specs Dialga team but I was pressed for time back then. I've been playing this metagame for way too long lol, but it's extremely fun and addicting and the people I've met are so wonderful to be around. I had also planned on doing way more forum tournaments but again, I am pretty pressed for time and when I am around, none are going on or beginning to start. I was lucky enough to join ssnl and AGLT, because I am not gonna be around for quite a bit. Anyway, this team was created when guru and I were talking in VC the other day and I was talking about how Ultra-Necrozma is so good and that I've never really used it before under any circumstances. So I threw out the suggestion of just slapping on 4 set up mons and a reliable stealth rock setter and just going nuts, and it didn't sound half bad. Mostly because I just wanted to use some neat and quick offence at my disposal. Anywho, here is the team that Tic-Tac-Toe Guru and I thought of and ultimately created. Enjoy!

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Mega-Rayquaza is one of the biggest threats to the AG Metagame with an astonishing base 180 Attack and Special Attack, and a menacing 115 base Speed, and generally good bulk. The overall role of this monster is just to hit stuff extremely hard and sweep teams, nothing more. This set is the most standard set for Mega-Rayquaza, Dragon Dance into STAB with priority and a move to kill any opposing steel type or rock type. The mons you will be setting up a Dragon Dance up on the most are Primal Groudon, some specific variants of support Arceus. This mon is meant to set up or just hit hard with Dragon Ascent to weaken walls so that other mons on the team could set up.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

This pokemon is wack. This thing is a massive threat, with its base 167 Attack and Special Attack and crazy base 129 Speed. Along with a base 200 STAB Z-Move that will hit anything hard, even with no boosts. At +2 Attack, this monster can OHKO or severely weaken anything respectfully. Another purpose for this mon is to tank a hit from Xerneas at +2 and revenge kill it with Sunsteel Strike. And you could also bait people into thinking that it is just a regular Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. You really just click buttons with this pokemon.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Ah yes, double dance Primal Groudon, the forgotten threat. Adament max Attack Pdon hits so hard and with 220 EVs invested into Speed, it outspeeds Choice Scarfed Mega-Rayquaza with a +Speed nature. Now, you could have Earthquake and Rock Slide/Rock Tomb over the original attacks for accuracy purposes but that makes Pdon so weak and doesn't enable it to knock out specific mons. Overall, this thing is fast, hard hitter beast that just tramples teams if it gets the chance to set up either boosting move.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Defog

Fat. This mon is meant to tank hits from physical hitting mons, mainly Marshadow and Primal-Groudon. Along with getting rid of any annoying hazards that could prevent a future and game winning sweep with any set-up mon. The 20 EVs in speed are for max speed neutral nature Pdons and also to speed creep any support Arceus that only has 16 EVs into Speed. Overall, it is meant to take hits and be a pivot and hazard remover.

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Refresh

This mon is SO underrated now and has less usage now. Here is another set-up mon that you just click buttons with. lol. But in all seriousness, this Arceus set is an absolutely outstanding sweeper for most balances/offences to go up against. You set up on just about every support arceus if it doesn't have the move Perish Song. You can set up on Arceus-Fairy, if you don't get crit lol. But you have to be aggressive like that on this team.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

Guru and i were talking about a few reliable Stealth Rock setter and this mon came to mind. I absolutely love Arceus-Rock. This pokemon has so many uses and is an excellent wall. You need to play aggressive with this mon too in order to use it to its maximum efficiency. This mon can be a switch in to Choice Scarfed Mega-Rayquaza, Yveltal, Arceus-Normal, and Ho-oh. I love this thing.

Threats

Multiple Arceus-Normals can be extremely pressuring. The team can take on one Arceus normal pretty fine but then it becomes a challenge facing the exact same set again.

Calm Mind Arceus-Ground is very scary to face off against. If you can hit it with Ultra-Necs Z-Move and revenge kill with Espeed then you could be good.

Almost all teams in AG are weak to this stupid thing. If it is in front of you, just attack it or status it and try to revenge kill it with Espeed or with Arceus-Ground.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919925466 Arceus-Dark Sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919889318 Mega-Ray Sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919755200 Against a good ladder player
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919738432 How to beat The Legend of the Greatest Pokémon Master (Very Long Battle)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919462627 Against Typical Offence
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919950429 Primal-Groudon Sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919922480 Mega-Ray Sweep against Arceus-Normal Spam
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919888813 Againts Pikachu
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-919458926 Showing off how Arceus-Dark can beat Arceus-Fairy

Peak

Conclusion
Over Arceus-Rock, you could replace it with a Marshadow with Life Orb or Choice Scarf and remove Defog on Arceus-Ground for Stealth Rocks. Overall, the team is extremely fun to use and gets quick games, barring stall. Just play aggressive. :fukyu:

Shoutouts

Tic-Tac-Toe Guru for helping me come up with this and also being a good pal
MDB for using heatran and also being a good pal
AnythingGoesLegend for helping me with teams and good pal
Lipise poopsock
Levanos for giving me some team ideas and being a generally good and honest dude
PurpleGatorade for helping me with the RMT lol

All of Roys Discord Server
And Fluffie for helping me test teams and goofing around with

Last edited:

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
Post #43. My 'no-replay' streak is reaching unprecedented lengths. I think this is a pretty good team. General bulky offense. Multiple set up Mons. Double Dance Groudon. What's not to like? Just a heads up, Arc-Ground's set will always eat one +1 LO Dragon Ascent from Ray at full, even with Rocks up.

The three biggest issues I see with the team are a direct lack of Xerneas switch-in, a Spore counter, and a way to truly beat Smeargle. I know that I complain a lot and say that Smeargle is uncounterable. Having no true way to force the switch (outside of keeping Rocks up at all times or playing perfectly) or keep it from coming in is personally suboptimal. You'd essentially have to play perfectly at all times and hope it never gets the Moody-boost it needs. Arc-Rock IS incredibly fun, super underrated, and I even built a team using it for my AGLT series that did not make an appearance. The issue is it only really belongs on balance, maybe semi-stall. Rarely ever offense. Given the nature of this team, this poses a less than ideal choice. Like you suggested, LO Marsh is probably the best fix for this and we'll use one of it's many techs to alleviate the Smeargle and Spore weakness:

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Substitute

Sub LO Marsh had recently become one of my favorite mons. It singehandedly punishes nearly every HO and threatens many Smeargle-based teams (including the dumb Aero-Smeargle Webs that's been running around on ladder recently).

This change also improves the Xerneas counterplay, but doesn't solve it. Now the way to beat it doesn't necessitate two of the three checks remaining alive, and it can no longer force your hand. Groudon and pre-ultra DM will still be able to take one hit from +2 Xern and now Ray OR Marsh can pick it off, thus improving your number of options. I'm struggling to entirely solve that issue without compromising the general offensive nature of the team.

That being said, I think that the team is overall pretty good. I said that. You're obviously a competent battler and know how to play around most issues. Cool team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)