Project The Lunatic's Workshop

:bw/yanmega: :bw/yanmega:

Hello, looks like i'm the first one to post.For this round, i chose to build yanmega, as it is one of my favorite mons.Here's the team:

:pmd/yanmega: :pmd/ogerpon-wellspring: :pmd/zapdos: :pmd/rillaboom: :pmd/medicham-mega: :pmd/landorus-therian:

:yanmega: oh man, this thing has got to be one of the best cleaners i've used.I will drop some replays below where it did great and was able to defeat several ou mons.Tera blast ground helps it one shots a lot of ground types that it normally wouldn't be able to touch.
:ogerpon-wellspring: Sub waterpon is an underated set.It can sub on stuff like mola, pex and so on.Then it just does normal ogerpon stuff, you know the deal.
:Zapdos: i really needed removal for yanmega, as it takes 50% just by coming in if rocks are down.I put hp ice on it as i am honestly sick of praying hurricane lands on stuff like lando/glisc/tusk, hp ice does the same thing but at 100% accuraacy.
:rillaboom: Works well with pon+ helps with making medi's trailblaze stronger.
:medicham-mega: Trailblaze helps this thing get the jump on a lot of stuff.That +1 in speed makes it outspeed stuff like scarf lele, scarf lando and in general just makes it a way bigger threat, as if it wasn't one already.Trailblaze is also a very spammable move in general.
:landorus-therian: Made this thing ep instead of eq so it wouldn't just sit in front of zama and do nothing to it.Lando+zapdos is a nightmare core for most psychical attackers to face in general, especially those who love spamming u-turns.

Had lots of fun using this, i hope the person who submitted this set likes the team!

Ineros

Mirror Mirror, who is staring back at me?
is a Pre-Contributor
:Clefable: :Zamazenta: :Toxapex: :latias-mega: :Gliscor: :heatran:
Aight Illouri here is your sticky barb clef team. Just paired it with a bunch of stuff that hate glisc / pex / gking / ting and so forth. Clef is a rocker and just a consistent mon in general, spreading around sticky barb chip so then stuff like zama and mtias win easier. It’s also a fairy immune which is nice to have at times. Zama is speed control and dark resist while being a good wincon. Tspikes pex is cool here because of how sticky Barb clef and taunt heatran do well into the poisons while also making this team do better at forcing progress and in the Ho matchup. Mtias is here because it super likes the tspikes support pex has and sticky barb wearing down checks like toxic heatran and ting Lu while also being a good wincon that checks waterpon and mmedi. You can also go twave here but I like the wincon potential Mtias has especially with a team like this that wants another wincon. Glisc is a good fogger and the ground of choice here. Can also be u turn over Tox if you want to gain momentum and fog a bit easier. Heatran is cool because it’s a lele resist (and steel in general which is nice against stuff like rilla and msciz) while also trapping pex and gking which are annoying things for this team. The spread outspeeds Glisc so you can effectively trap it which is super nice, and toxic is good to help force progress against Mola, Mtias, and dnite.

I’ll post replays when I have access to some halfway decent ones

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
Irui: Gouging Fire Hazardstack
:gouging-fire: :toxapex: :gliscor: :skarmory: :latias-mega: :clefable:
(click the icons for the importable)
Leeto64
Dragon Tail Bulwark Gouging fire seemed like a super awesome set, I've been wanting to build a team with it for a while now, and it seemed like the perfect chance. While I had to make some minor substitutions on the set, the core is still the same. This team was shockingly good, I even peaked at ~250 while using it. Gouging Fire is an essential part of this team, and its put in loads of work in almost every matchup

Rhuzerv (Gouging Fire) @ :heavy-duty-boots:
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Burning Bulwark
- Morning Sun
- Dragon Tail
- Heat Crash

I feel like the set is pretty explanatory, Bulwark threatens burns on physical setup mons, when they try and setup on a predicted Bulwark just Dragon Tail them out. I'll explain the substitutions instead, as I only made 2. I elected to run HDB over Leftovers, as due to the nature of this team, you generally don't want to click defog too often, I'm also just generally not a fan of rocks-weak mons that aren't holding it due to how I play the game. Heat Crash over Flare Blitz is also relatively simple. I lost like 2 games due to flare blitz recoil after taking out a Ferrothorn, so I'd much rather have the consistent damage option in Heat Crash, due to Gouging being fat. Temper Flare is a cool tech option that lets you get a 150 bp STAB if opponent switches the turn you Bulwark but it's not necessary.

Cydral (Toxapex) @ :heavy-duty-boots:
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover

Tspikes pex is perpetually a great mon. They're so much momentum into certain matchups that it can often win the game on the spot. Slotting Koff would be quite nice here, but dropping scald means I can't beat zama and dropping haze means I can't beat zama. Rest is self-explanatory

Kaldin (Gliscor) @ :toxic-orb:
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

It's standard fog gliscor, nothing to say

Vend (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Roost

Skarm's a good fit for this team. It's got spikes so it's immediately better than corviknight, and IDBP means it can clean late game too. Whirlwind is an option over Iron Defense, but I'd rather use ID

Koqyrow (Latias) (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

For the wincon I chose Latias-Mega, since it's immune to spikes with levitate and has good matchups into Ogerpon-W and Zamazenta. It's also an additional water resist which helps loads vs rain teams.

Dhgh (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

I really wasn't trying to steal Ineros 's thunder here, but Clefable was a shoe-in for this team. It's a fairy type, which is great since 1/3 of my team is weak to dragon moves, it's got Magic Guard which lets it ignore hazards and toxics from opposing pokemon, can set rocks AND has knock off! It packs loads of utility and can force a lot of progress, especially when paired with toxic spikes

replays if i feel like it

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
:xatu::rillaboom::hawlucha::landorus-therian::volcarona::raging bolt:
changed the ev spread to outspeed some bolts speedcreeping gliscor (can be sped up a bit more if you keep getting outsped)
replays show a different team cuz i had to edit this a lot to kinda be usable

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2108744220 -- idk i haxed but it did a decent bit of work
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2106660560 -- xatu sweep

Xatu can set up easier on Ferrothorn, non crunch IDBP zama, and farms Gliscor slightly more then Hatterene ig. Originally had Tusk over Lando but the stall MU was basically unwinnable and having some ability to pivot is also nice. The spread is just me moving the bar until it looked ok. Tera Electric Hawlucha sets up on Zapdos unless you get unlucky. Volc can setup on Lele nicely after Tera and Bolt is really annoying especially with weakened Earthquakes and Lefties recovery each turn.

pretty basic team but you are playing 6 v 5.5 hf @ person who submitted this

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
:heracross-mega::zamazenta::weavile::iron-crown::gliscor::slowking-galar:

lead hera click buttons weeee
zama is redundancy weav is suit trap glowking crown is lele check glowking is emergency rain check and uturn glisc is another pivot
im actually... not too proud of this team but it reached 1600 so its decent
edit: forgot to mention but i kept losing to ineros with this, probably just my skill issue

Last edited:
:Clefable: :Zamazenta: :Toxapex: :latias-mega: :Gliscor: :heatran:
Aight Illouri here is your sticky barb clef team. Just paired it with a bunch of stuff that hate glisc / pex / gking / ting and so forth. Clef is a rocker and just a consistent mon in general, spreading around sticky barb chip so then stuff like zama and mtias win easier. It’s also a fairy immune which is nice to have at times. Zama is speed control and dark resist while being a good wincon. Tspikes pex is cool here because of how sticky Barb clef and taunt heatran do well into the poisons while also making this team do better at forcing progress and in the Ho matchup. Mtias is here because it super likes the tspikes support pex has and sticky barb wearing down checks like toxic heatran and ting Lu while also being a good wincon that checks waterpon and mmedi. You can also go twave here but I like the wincon potential Mtias has especially with a team like this that wants another wincon. Glisc is a good fogger and the ground of choice here. Can also be u turn over Tox if you want to gain momentum and fog a bit easier. Heatran is cool because it’s a lele resist (and steel in general which is nice against stuff like rilla and msciz) while also trapping pex and gking which are annoying things for this team. The spread outspeeds Glisc so you can effectively trap it which is super nice, and toxic is good to help force progress against Mola, Mtias, and dnite.

I’ll post replays when I have access to some halfway decent ones
this is why ineros is the goat

This team on some shiest shit. Everything switches around to chip the oposing team enough for one of the 4 hard hitters to sweep. Tera steel specs tachyon in terrain can shred teams. Tera electric rilla can hit corv so bee can try to be an actually viable mega. Just hit the thing that's in front of you, and it works surprisingly well.

This team on some shiest shit. Everything switches around to chip the oposing team enough for one of the 4 hard hitters to sweep. Tera steel specs tachyon in terrain can shred teams. Tera electric rilla can hit corv so bee can try to be an actually viable mega. Just hit the thing that's in front of you, and it works surprisingly well.
what is ur counter play to tera steel sd quaq!

Runerigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Wandering Spirit
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 144 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Poltergeist
- Body Press
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Runerigus is very bulky physically and it's ability allows it to steal things like Alomomola Regenerator as it clicks flip turn and prevents it from healing as well as gaining the Regenerator itself, as well as many other wacky things with Wandering Spirit such as stealing Magic Bounce from Mega Sableye clicking Knock Off vs stall or stealing Mega Scizor technician - the possibilities are endless with this mon. The EVs let it OHKO Mega Medicham with Poltergeist as well as outspeeding minspeed Alomomola to taunt it to prevent it from clicking Toxic or Wish, but feel free to change them to your liking.

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/dhelmise:
Dhelmise @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Steelworker
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 184 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poltergeist
- Anchor Shot
- Synthesis

He comes in on Ogerpon, Urshifu, and can comfortably take on Kartana; also can take on fatter Pokemon like Garganacl and Toxapex. Also traps poorly played Ferrothorn so that's a plus too. Tera Poison prevents the latter from clicking Toxic and other stuff like Alomomola and Gliscor. 28 Attack EVs OHKO Kartana at +2 with Poltergeist after Stealth Rock and 44 Speed EVs outspeed uninvested Ting-Lu. 184 Defense EVs should help against all the offensive threats you aim to check with it.

:kartana:
252 Atk Kartana Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Dhelmise: 140-166 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 28 Atk Dhelmise Poltergeist vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 243-286 (93.8 - 110.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

:urshifu-rapid-strike:
252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Dhelmise on a critical hit: 72-87 (20.9 - 25.2%) -- approx. 0.1% chance to 4HKO
+2 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Dhelmise on a critical hit: 141-168 (40.9 - 48.8%) -- approx. 3HKO
+2 28 Atk Dhelmise Poltergeist vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 304-358 (89.1 - 104.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

:ogerpon-wellspring:
This is a little shaky...probably not getting up to +2 on it but I'll still show!
+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Dhelmise: 169-199 (49.1 - 57.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
28 Atk Dhelmise Poltergeist vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 178-210 (59.1 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 28 Atk Dhelmise Poltergeist vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 354-417 (117.6 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Veluza @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpA
Lax Nature
- Recover
- Fillet Away
- Stored Power
- Aqua Cutter

Veluza can act as a great screens sweeper, using Fillet Away to get massive stored power boosts. No speed is necessary as it will outspeed max speed Jolly Ogerpon-W after one Fillet Away. Very little in the tier resists both water and psychic, and after one or two Fillet Aways it can comfortably kill resistances. Most Unaware mons and walls in general lose to it because they cannot deal with mixed attacks, and it dodges Unaware with Stored Power. The given EVs give it maximum physical bulk while allowing to OHKO Dondozo, one of its checks, after 2 Fillet Aways and Tera. 248 HP makes it able to Fillet Away twice without recovering, allowing it to be threatening on a free switch. It enjoys coming in for free against Mons that would usually be forced out by its physical set to get a free Fillet Away, so slow pivots like Landorus-T and Slowking-G will help it sweep.

Dead by Daylight

GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO.

Yo, welcome to The Lunatic's Workshop! Unfortunately, we don't accept team submissions here; if you'd like to submit something to be built around, like say Mega Beedrill, we'd be happy to build it for you if it gets enough votes. Alternatively, if you'd like to become an official builder, DM me, fintans, or Oculars on Discord or PM us on Smogon. Cheers!

red fintans

fintan is actually blue

Yo, welcome to The Lunatic's Workshop! Unfortunately, we don't accept team submissions here; if you'd like to submit something to be built around, like say Mega Beedrill, we'd be happy to build it for you if it gets enough votes. Alternatively, if you'd like to become an official builder, DM me, fintans, or Oculars on Discord or PM us on Smogon. Cheers!
also mbee lowkey sucks especially without really insane hazard clear

In my search of something crazy to cook up for our workshoppers, I've decided to settle on Hisuian-Zoroark, based on a recent unfortunate experience of being Gamed On™️ impressively hard by it on ladder, I realized the insane potential it can get to find setup opportunities for itself. Once it's caught tho, my best guess is it's likely to fall to something able to outspeed/pririoty KO it, or tank it.
Getting over the first one is a bit harder, but I realized maybe we can deal with the second one in a creative way.

Hybrid Theory (Zoroark-Hisui) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Beam

I don't mind if any small alterations are done to this set btw, before anyone asks! (sorry for not responding that time @ about15gals !)

Slightly "normal" set for a RUBL mon with a shocking dose of going ALL IN, featuring the rare dopamine huff that is running Hyper Beam and praying you get some use out of it. This set is built with the assumption that, by setting up H-Zoro, you're DEFINITELY going to be killed fast, so you might as well go with a bang, or more likely, two. The main drill of running Z-Breakneck Blitz HBeam is not only the slight power boost, but also the fact that you'll skip the recharge turn, allowing you to follow up with a second hit, including the possibility of using normal Hyper Beam and accepting losing the next turn.
The only drawback to this set I could find so far was that Ghost/Fighting coverage is so solid together, this might be overkill, but surely this could have a very niche or insane use, right?

EDIT: Forgot to include that you can change the name too ofc
Preferably by your own choice of a Linkin Park banger :boi:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)