The saga continues.... Elsewhere (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

What's up fellow nerds, I know I'm not the only one here when I say I am so freaking excited for the new star wars game series to be unveiled.

I am, and have always been, a colossal star wars nerd. I actually do like the prequels, although most devoted fans do not. But enough about me.

I'm not sure how long this has been "out there", but on Thursday, May 31st, during E3, (the Electronic Entertainment Expo) a new series of star wars games is going to be announced. E3 begins at 12pm ET and I believe is being broadcast on Spike.

It is assumed that during E3 the trailer will be short and vague, but a real trailer is being released June 4th (I think) likely containing more information.

What are everybody's thoughts? Happy, excited, horny, depressed, angry, agnostic, how do you feel about this?

I believe these games take place after return of the Jedi, but I am not sure exactly when in the future. In the category of star wars games such as this, I am unsure of my opinion. I liked force unleashed 1 (only for the xbox), but the sequel was absolutely awful.

I will update when I get more info.
Okay, finally found something.

http://eventsnetwork.com/content/e3-2012-star-wars-1313-officially-announced

Some people thought the games were going to be about boba fett... Well, they were on the right track. The new game stars a bounty hunter as you.... Okay just use the damn link.
This looks pretty cool, not what I was expecting, but something different. I'm not sure when the game takes place but I'll review the website.

Anybody is welcome to bring news and updates, but before you post, please.......

POST INFO THAT IS PLAUSIBLE / YOU KNOW IS TRUE. DO NOT CRAP UP THIS THREAD WITH SHIT LIKE THE BW2 THREAD.

RUMORS ARE WELCOME BUT AGAIN NOTHING OBNOXIOUS.

Keep in mind that it is a new series entirely, no prequels/sequels. Yes, this means the game SERIES will *NOT* be battlefront 3.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
KotOR3???????????

I don't wanna have to pay a monthly fee for a new kotor >:

Damn is it already time for E3? Gonna be hard to stay focused with videogame news galore flying about at work...

I highly doubt Kotor3 would be announced, that would mean pretty much the end of swtor as it'd have no practical way of taking place during or after unless you're jumping around some thousands of years, and even before is a bit sketchy. More than likely another battlefront game, maybe a "true" lightsaber battling sim would be awesome. Hopefully not another horrid bastardization of retcon and stuff like those Unleashed games (seriously, the whole Vader's secret apprentice helped start the Rebellion thing is kinda lame). I'm still kinda dreading the eventual tv show Lucas wants to make which takes place in the 19 years inbetween 3 and 4.

man I remember reading star wars books like a fiend back in the day (all of the post-new hope book series basically)... never really played any of the games, hopefully this is something cool O_O

'bout sums it up
I would very much enjoy something like Battlefront 3, but it's unlikely. The new release has been described as a "new series" anyways. Although it's not like they have some old and beloved franchises they could create sequels to *REPUBLIC COMMANDO* *BOUNTY HUNTER* anyways. But as long as it's not a Kinect Star Wars for Wii U or PS3, I'll be happy.

I edited the OP with this, but I want to be extremely cautious, this cannot be like the BW 2 thread.

THE NEW GAME SERIES will not be Battlefront 3. It is a series of games, not a single game. It is a new series no prequels / sequels or additions to already existing games.

E3 airs tomorrow, so I will bring updates as I find them, remember, 12 pm ET, tell me if you have any news.

EDIT: okay, sorry to say I can't find anything other than speculation and rumors. I will keep looking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)