Strategy & Metagame Tier Shift Playstyles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I am back again after an article resembling a train wreck. It was a pretty bad choice of topic, I didn't implement the GP check for about a month, and I really got rushed to meet deadline (when will I learn the deadline is never actually met). Anyway, I want to do another article that hopefully turns out better. This time, it will be about Tier Shift. Luckily, I can honestly say I am a very good Tier Shift player, and can back this up. I am in charge of the TS viability rankings (I really need to work on the bottom section), am pretty close to the top of ladder (peaked #1, then tested on main instead of alt), and have posted a sample team for starting out here. If this isn't good enough, I believe Valmanway can vouch for my competence as I played for his team in the Other Metas Premier League. Anyway, on to the actual article.
I am planning to compare different team playstyles and archtypes. This can range anywhere from Dual Screens Hyper Offense, to Rain Stall (so much better when Politoed is a decent pokemon). I will just talk about what you generally want to include, how it works, and what advantages and disadvantages are. If you don't like this idea, I can write something else about Tier Shift such as a beginner's guide, list of top threats, focus on one playstyle, or talk about why to play. If you would prefer one of those options, I can change what what I am writing or possibly cover it in a later article.

General outline of playstyles:
Playstyle: Bulky Offense
General Info: Bulky offense is a playstyle where you use pokemon that are powerful and can also take hits. Tougher pokemon like Garchomp are good for this, while pokemon with bulk comparable to wet paper (Mega Absol) aren't. Should usually include bulky wall breakers, one or two revenge / fast pokemon, and possibly a pivot, hazard stacker, or clergic
Good Members: Mega-Heracross, Tornadus-T, Kyurem, etc

That is a very watered down version of what I would do for a playstyle. I would also give descriptions for the pokemon. If you want me to add more before you approve this article, that is fine. Other playstyles I plan may include are stall, rain offense, hazard stacking stall, Hazard stacking offense (basically HO), Dual Screens offense (the other HO), regenerator stall, rain stall, sun (probably not, I am done writing about that), and obligatory offense. If there is anything I should add, tell me and I will. Thanks and please approve it soon so I can get writing.

I think playstyles is very good article for Tier Shift because so many more Pokemon are viable (and as a result more playstyles). You are qualified as well, so approval from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)