tokyo jungle

RODAN

Banned deucer.

Tokyo Jungle is a survival, action game coming out for the PS3 in both PSN and physical form. It's being developed by PlayStation C.A.M.P. and Crispy's (I have no idea who these people are) and it's being published by Sony. It's set to release on June 7, 2012 and it's only in Japan, but hopefully it will get released everywhere

So before we jump into the features and heart of the game, why exactly is this game so magical?

This video will explain it all (no, not really).

Additionally, you can check out the screenshots in the following post.

Picked your jaw up off the floor yet? Good, let's get into features:
Brutal survival/action gameplay
Set in a deserted, futuristic Japan that has transformed into a vicious wildlife wasteland
There are 50 breeds and 80 types of animals!
Animals confirmed already include lion, crocodile, tiger, giraffe, hippo, cheetah, chimpanzee, gazelle, chicken, beagle, tyrannosaurus, hyena, and fox
As the player plays through the game, additional playable animals will be unlocked
Don't think you'll be screwed if you pick an herbivore; players will have to build up a pack of animals and this is actually easier for plant eaters...there are no lone wolves here (well, there might be a couple literally )!

There are two game modes, Story Mode and Survival Mode. Here's Story Mode:
Story Mode has players going through missions centered around various animals
Players will eventually uncover the truth behind mankind's disappearance
A Pomeranian dog and thoroughbred racehorse are key characters in Story Mode; they also have awesome backstories
Ran out of pet food, the Pomeranian dog now has to fend for itself in a now-wild-and-vicious Tokyo
With its passion for running still burns, the Thoroughbred racehorse runs around Tokyo, searching for its old track rivals in hopes of staging one more race.

Here's Survival Mode:
Survival Mode has players taking control of an animal and fighting for survival
There will be online leaderboards so players can compare their survival skills against one another
Smaller animals will fight in groups and the player's group can win fights against larger animals by just having one of the group surviving the fight

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hahaha what the FUCK even is this game

this looks kind of great!!

that dog all dressed up

proud protexter

i'm sorry
i read your description before the video
and i was expecting something just
so much better
this sounds interesting story-wise, idea-wise, etc. but the combat looks kinda clunky and the game itself really does not look that fun

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ok when I saw raptors and chicks in the video I just lost it

i had a straight face until the pandas

what the hell is going on in this video

also OH the top youtube comment was perfect for once

"No description available" has never been so factually accurate in every conceivable sense of the phrase.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
finally, my life-long dream of pitting cute puppies against dinosaurs has been REALIZED

if I had a ps3 i would totally get this game

I'm definitely getting this game.. JUST so I can see pandas hooking up..

@Fishy if that's your lifelong dream imagine me pitting pandas against dogs. Amazing.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

"B-BOY" and the "HUNGRY" stat out of only 8 words I can actually read on that image.

That plus the dog is wearing shoes. They even fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)