VGC VGC 19 - Rayogre Modified

https://pokepast.es/5d143820d61f01bb

; that is the link to the poke past

TEAM MEMBERS

<Restricted Mons>

Kyogre------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ace of the party; responsible for the damage of the team. I like this pokemon as it has an extremely high spa with water spout. Water spout is a special attack move - ACC 100%. That is mainly why I use her. Whilst groundon's blades only have 85 acc and 120 power, water spout has (max) 150 pow and 100 acc with a high spa. I like double kill sweeps, and that is the main reason why I use her. Even if groundon uses eruption, it wouldn't be as effective as kyogre. After all, groundon has a higher attack stat than its spa stat. Also, I get really hyped when I think of the damage than kyogre water spout would do with helping hand from goth which I will explain later.

Rayquaza(mega)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is just to balance out my restricted mons. Kyogre - spa / Ray - atk. Also, another reason I use it is to perfect weather control in my party. Water spout may get evaporated by a primdon switch in, so I swap in my ray to cancel the weather through airlock. It is a pretty common tactic in vgc 19 which I really like. I also do not have skill swap in my team, so the only way to dominate in weather is to rely on this mega rayquaza. Extreme speed is a good way to secure kills when there are low hp pokemon on the field which is very useful when I may not have speed control(priority).

<Incineroar Mon>

Incineroar-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A must; intimidate + fake out. Really the best pokemon in VGC I think (except restricted). Used to really make no use of a pokemon for one turn; to enable the other to deal damage or set a position such as tr. There is a reason why it is the most used pokemon currently. Really not much to say.

Point* - My inc has a speed of 44 which really just makes it faster than others as they usually go up to a maximum of 85 speed. Thus, my inc has a higher chance to hit fake out first.

<Support>
Gothorita---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really the signature pokemon of my team. It is one of the two useful pokemon evolution(tree) with shadow tag (I excluded wobbuffet cuz really, who uses it?). I really like shadow tag as it can be used to maintain good matchups and use them to dominate. The other is mega-Gengar. I dislike this pokemon as it is not bulky and also you need to wait one turn for shadow tag to activate. "first or never" would fit m-Gengar. However, the goth lane is usable any time as the player wishes, and it is very tanky. I could use gothitelle, but I used gothorita instead as I thought it would be more tanky with the eviolite. When I tried gothitelle, it would even get ohkod by a foe. With eviolite, gothorita can have a total of 225 spd which is just crazy. It has helping hand which just makes the restricted mons so powerful; creating a priority to my team in mirror fights. TR, of course, is used to really just to gain complete control of speed.

Shiinotic----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Often this pokemon is shaded due to amoonguss. Yes, I know that amoonguss might be more bulkier than shiinotic is, but I still believe shiinotic has a higher potential. First off, shiinotic is also bulky as hell. It has a low 60 hp stat but instead, it has 80 def and a 100 sp def. It is still tanky enough to take many attacks. Second, it has the move "spotlight." The exact use of this move is not really given to many, but it is the same power as rage powder/follow me except that it can be used on other opponents; not just the user itself. It makes low acc moves such as origin pulse hit at a 100% Acc towards a foe. Finally, it's use with kyogre. Rain dish restores 1/16 of the health of shiinotic each turn in rain. Better than regenerator in person. That's why I use shiinotic over amoonguss. Overall, an aggro tanky pokemon would fit well with my team.

Tapu Fini----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally think tapu fini is really decent in battles. It prevents all types of cc and has icy wind which slows the opponents. I really want to focus on speed control and this pokemon is really useful - it has icy wind. It has other supportive moves such as haze, and heal pulse. Heal pulse here, can be used in a really good way with kyogre. As water spout scales with the hp of the user, I could heal pulse before it water spouts so it can do more damage with it. It just has so many uses as a good support + it has decent base stats.

<NOTES/QUESTIONS>

I do acknowledge that primal fights are vital; so one must be able to distinguish which is faster; should one use trick room or not.

I think there are too many supports in my team, should I keep it this way or is this just way too much support than needed? If so, what can I do?

Are all the items/movesets good?

I am still not sure; is haze & trick room good enough to fight against xern? Do I really need a super effective move to take down xern?

Gothitelle or Gothitora?

Amoonguss or Shiinotic?

Btw, all the stats are on pokepast.

Thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)