SV OU Wannabe Mega Gardevoir x Lando

New to posting on Smogon, but I tested this team out and got good results.

Here's the pokepaste:

https://pokepast.es/0f65c8d27a9b470b

I started this off with an idea about Mega Gardevoir and Landorus, and obviously both of them are unavailable. So then I found some Pokemon that are similar.

I started with Sylveon and Krookodile, as they are kinda like bootleg Mega Garde and Lando

Then I moved on to find a good counter to opposing poisons, fairies, and grasses. I looked at Scizor and that was pretty much it for that.

Weavile was put on the team as a way to counter opposing ghosts, psychics, and dragons.

Iron Hands was a way to pack lots of coverage into one Pokemon, he can sub for weavile, and his stabs are strong.

Rotom-w overlaps with Iron Hands, but that's not a big deal thanks to levitate. Rotom is primarily blasting holes with hydro pump, and gaining momentum with Volt Switch.

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera: Fire
EVs: 90 Atk / 166 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic/Tera Blast
- Close Combat

Iron Valiant is the main walbreaker/attacker, capable of handling lots of pms with Moonblast. Cc is good, and the recoil kinda sucks for longevity, but I mainly just go Moonblast spam. Tbolt and psychic for coverage, and the EVs let her be balanced enough for equal-ish damage output. Tera Blast can be subbed for psychic to deal with pesky steels that pretty much wall the team.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Close Combat

Scizor is good utility with Defog and U-Turn helps it gain momentum while also being stab. Bullet punch is the main attacking move, as technician boosted, choice band bullet punch is a real pain in the butt for opposing pms. Close Combat for Tera steels and other fighting weak pokemon.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Rotom-w helps to manage opposing speed, while also being strong enough to destroy anything weak to water or electric. Trick is there to help vs walls, crippling them and giving me their healing or defensive item. Volt Switch is good for momentum and to get better matchups. Tbolt and Hydro Pump are main STAB, being powerful to deal massive damage to neutral and weak targets.

Great Tusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Great Tusk is a potent walbreaker w/ life or, and moxie turns it into a powerhouse. Good matchup vs Glimmora, using eq is always good synergy with SE. Shadow claw helps for coverage and neutral damage against other pms. Eq spam is the most common thing, bc it is just so strong. Its also a good way to check drought teams, as it activates Protosynthesis, allowing to increase it's bulk or offense, depending on your preferred EVs.

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch

I went for av on this Mon to make it bulkier against special attacker, which otherwise just kill it. Drain punch provides much needed recovery, and thunder punch a decently strong stab. Heavy slam is a little iffy, because I only really use it against iron val. Ice punch is good if weavile is dead, or you don't want to switch into it do to hazards.

Chien-pao @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sword of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Ice Spinner
- Crunch
- Sacred Sword

This is a weird set for chien-pao, bc it doesn't have the boots, and it's not banded. It plays more the role of a super effective sweeper. It really should only be used when the expert belt boosts your attacks. Ice shard is good priority, ice spinnsr for higher damage against bulkier threats and terrain destruction, crunch for dark stab and ghosts. Sacred Sword is for opposing fighting-weak pokemon.

I found that the main struggles are with opposing bulky offense, and stall. This team can perform well against opposing offense, as it itself is relatively bulky. Most of its problems are steel types, like Ferro or Corvi. The best way to get rid of those is to Tera iron val and spam Tera Blast in them, but otherwise it's hard to deal with steels. Chien-pao is also another way to deal with them, but if they tank the Sacred Sword, they can fire back with a potent gyro ball, or other steel/fighting move.

Thanks for reading!

* Edit: Replaced Krookodile w/ Tusk, Weavile w/ Chienpao, and Sylveon with iron val. Thx for the input!

Last edited:
like the person above, I reccomend chien pao over weavile, as it is much better in every way. Also, instead of Krookodile, I would recommend great tusk, because it is stronger, bulkier, and can remove hazards with rapid spin, and set them with stealth rock. Also, while Sylveon hits incredibly hard, it is slow and is not too bulky. Iron valiant with booster energy can act as much needed speed control, and the mixed set with CC, Moonblast, and 2 coverage moves should be great for your team. Hope this helps!

hii I would recommend replacing hyper beam with wish for team support and replace moonblast with hyper voice as it more damage cause of the pixilate boost. For Krook i would replace shadow claw with stealth rock. As the comment above me said, replace weavile with chien-pao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)