Repose

BynineB

DV317

----------------------------------------

Fusion,

DV317

Seriin

Why no poll?

Also, since when was there going to be separate winners for each category, and two winners in each?

That would be fine except you didn't tell us you were completely changing the system.

I know for myself at least, if you'd explained this, I would have entered very differently.

Next time, please inform us at the beginning if you're drastically changing the system so we can base our entries accordingly.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
@MrBlack

why can you not just bold your votes and post them, is it really that hard?

just pick your favourite from each category.

(it's only this week)

@Lovebite

Do you know how hard it is to run these contests, it doesn't help that you are constantly bitching at me

@MrBlack

why can you not just bold your votes and post them, is it really that hard?

just pick your favourite from each category.

(it's only this week)
What...?

All I'm annoyed about is that we weren't informed that this week would have a drastically different system BEFORE we posted our entries. I assumed it would be the same as always and as a consequence didn't enter optimally for the circumstances.

I'm fairly sure others assumed the same thing. And I don't doubt some of them would have entered differently too, if they'd known.

To put it in simple terms; the public voting and the judges voting are two VERY different things. We need to know something like this BEFORE we make our entries.

What...?

All I'm annoyed about is that we weren't informed that this week would have a drastically different system BEFORE we posted our entries. I assumed it would be the same as always and as a consequence didn't enter optimally for the circumstances.

I'm fairly sure others assumed the same thing. And I don't doubt some of them would have entered differently too, if they'd known.

To put it in simple terms; the public voting and the judges voting are two VERY different things. We need to know something like this BEFORE we make our entries.
Quoted for truth

RODAN

Banned deucer.
It's not that drastic all you need to do is bold who you want to win from each category, It's not like its a seven-tiered voting system or anything

also people actually have to vote.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We would vote but not all of the sprites are up yet it seems.

To be honest Igor, I can imagine the sort of time constraints you have and how difficult it is to get the whole thing organised but if you can't manage I'd highly suggest handing it to someone with more time for your own sake. I'm not flaming you here, but it would probably be the best option to bow out in a dignified fashion before being lynched by some of the above posters =/

I'm not voting yet, but Albel and Seriin both stand out to me, but good work to all entrants - we're getting higher and higher standards around here! :D

I've PMed Igor. Hopefully this week will be fixed up soon. I'm offering to take all responsibility for Week 15 from now on, I'll start fresh from the judging phase and we'll use the usual procedure (Finalists, poll etc)

If anyone has a problem with this, please speak up now.

Alchemator

We won't, the week title was 'Triathlon' and anybody who knows what a Triathlon is knows that it is judged across all three events and not just who was the best. If we judge on the three different categories then that's just like combining three weeks into one which is, well, a bit pointless.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
YES, there will be an overall winner, but I think as the host that each subject should also be judged, as that was my original intention

Alchemator

Then the individual subjects should be up to judge discretion as with Most Original/Humorous as it would make procedings much simpler.

We need to make a quick decision as even Week 17 seems to be close to conclusion.

The plan was to proceed as usual. Alchemator is correct. It's a triathlon, each spriter's effort will be judged as a whole. It's way too difficult to judge categories separately, but that's not even the point.

The point is, most entrants based their entry on the premise that their whole set would be judged as a whole. Because there was no notification that the system had changed, the system will not change.

I'm sorry Igor but we're going to have to do it this way. It's the best and fairest way. Unless entrants have objections...?

Alchemator

The plan was to proceed as usual. Alchemator is correct. It's a triathlon, each spriter's effort will be judged as a whole. It's way too difficult to judge categories separately, but that's not even the point.

The point is, most entrants based their entry on the premise that their whole set would be judged as a whole. Because there was no notification that the system had changed, the system will not change.

I'm sorry Igor but we're going to have to do it this way. It's the best and fairest way. Unless entrants have objections...?
Quoted for truth, and I believe the reason that so few people have entered WSC 17 is the difficulty of the theme. A five pokemon fusion with restricted 'mons is pretty difficult (I attempted it and decided to save myself the embarrassment as I believe a few people may have). I do, however, understand how difficult it is to come up with a Christmas theme ;)

Week 15 is going to follow the same procedure as usual. This means spriters will have their set judged as a whole. Your set looks really solid to me BynineB, so I wouldn't worry too much ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)