Strategy & Metagame What is missing from OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Inroduction

In this article, i will talk about Pokemon that fill missing roles in OU, roles that would be very appreciated, while also explaining why those Pokemon would benefit the metagame.

Examples

• Fast Grass-type: Water, Electric, and Ground are some of the best offensive-types, and having an offensive check to those types would be great. Latios and Latias do this too, but are Pursuit weak, and can't beat or switch into some Water and Ground-types, such as Azumarill, Excadrill, Manaphy, and Suicune.
  • Bulky Electric-type: Electric-types are some of the best ways to handle Thundurus, but the bulkiest Electric-types in OU, Rotom-W, Magnezone, and Zapdos, don't want to switch into Thundurus. Also, another check to Talonflame and Mega Pinsir would be really good.
  • More Poison-types, both offensive and defensive: Poison-types deal with Clefable, enough said. Also, they have a very good defensive typing which is very useful in the current metagame.
  • Heal Bell and Aromatherapy users that can take offensive or tankish roles and are not weak defensive Pokemon: It would be good to have status healing options on bulky offense and balance without resorting to weak walls)
  • Sturdy Rock-types with recovery: More answers to Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir
  • Fast Fairy-types: The faster Fairy-type we have is Mega Garde, with only 100 Speed. With Fairy-types hitting important offensive threats such as Keldeo, Terrakion, Latios, Latias, Garchomp, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Medicham, it would be nice to have a very fast Fairy-type, or a Fairy-type able to use Scarf effectively.
  • Fast walls: Makes stall less passive as it's able to outspeed some wallbreakers with some Speed investment, such as Mega Heracross.

I am definitely looking for more roles and opinions on the existing ones, and i also would like opinions about how to go with this. Just mention the role in general or maybe give an example of a specific typing, or even mention stats?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some other missing roles to consider are a good Sticky Web setter, more defensive Pokemon with Trace, more offensive Ghost-types, and more defensive Dragon-types, just off the top of my head. Sylveon could be considered a tank that has Heal Bell, but she's kind of bad, so I don't know if you'd count her. The rest look good to me. I think an article like this would be a fun read, so I'll just go ahead and approve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)