What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have developed the ultimate team now. Completely unbeatable, even though it's not breaking any Smogon rules. However, I have a problem. This new strategy is completely unheard of, and I'm afraid that if I start beating people with it online, won't my idea end up stolen and soon, everyone will use it, it will be deemed "non-legel" like Wobbufett's Counter and Swift Swim+Drizzle? And then, my night-long studies will have been a waste.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You should save your incredible team for the next huge tournament and achieve am easy victory. Honestly though, your strategies will wind up stolen no matter what you do. Take this tean for example.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78812

It is credited as being the team that created stall in gen 4 (this assumption is based on the extraordinary amount of luvdiscs). After it got posted, many copies surfaced, and "stall teams" are now considered commonplace. There are many more examples of teams that got their ideas stolen, just abuse it until people adapt to it.

And kudos to studying all night. That must've taken a lot of
effort.

You should save your incredible team for the next huge tournament and achieve am easy victory. Honestly though, your strategies will wind up stolen no matter what you do. Take this tean for example.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78812

It is credited as being the team that created stall in gen 4 (this assumption is based on the extraordinary amount of luvdiscs). After it got posted, many copies surfaced, and "stall teams" are now considered commonplace. There are many more examples of teams that got their ideas stolen, just abuse it until people adapt to it.

And kudos to studying all night. That must've taken a lot of
effort.
Thank you very much, next time there is a big tournament, I just may participate :D

Stall had been around ever since ipl was laddering with his of Blissey / Rotom-A / Forretress / two Phazers + Filler team, or hell, since Obi Stall. KG just made a really really good version of it and posted it.

And so my post has some actual substance to it, new ideas/concepts are always going to be stolen, you pretty much have to decide when you want to reveal it (but yeah using it in big tournies is usually the way to get the biggest pay off).
Yeah, that's probably true. However, I found out that my team wasn't completely perfekt two minutes ago, when my hour-long search for weaknesses ended... There is one method that can screw my entire team, but luckily, it's VERY rarely used, and most likely won't be so in a tourney. So I think I'll use it at a tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)