Yowch! There Are Spikes In My Feet!

Hello, I'm Sax King! In this fast paced, offensive metagame, the name of the game is revenge killing. The basic premise of most teams is to kill, be revenge killed, revenge kill the opponent, be revenge killed, etc. If you can't revenge kill the opponent, they sweep you. I was fairly tired of these frail offensive teams. I've never really tried making a stall team, and so this is a new area for me. This team is meant to stall the opponent while still hurting them through entry hazards, status, and the likes. Essentially, this is a bulky hazard phazing team. I'll show you how it all began.

Team Building:
So I wanted to start with the king of Stall and phazing, Skarmory. Skarmory needs a specially defensive partner to accompany it. I hated Blissey's weak physical side, so I wanted to choose another pokemon that complimented Skarmory well. Snorlax seemed to fit the bill with its high special defense and resistance to Ice and Fire. So here they are.

So the main problem for teams that capitalize on entry hazards is Rapid Spin. The problem with most spin blockers is that spinners develope ways to deal with them. Blocking the spinners wasn't enough; I had to kill them before they killed my blocker. The absolute best pokemon for this was Shandera (Not Shadow Tag, though, this is standard tier).

Okay, so now I had the basic part down. I had two walls, a defensive core, and a spin blocker/revenge killer. There was one thing I forgot, though: entry hazards! Sure, Skarmory carries Spikes, but I can't just rely on Skarmory. I needed a strong, bulky lead that could lay down hazards reliably. Forretress was an option, but it was total Taunt bait and lures in Espeon. I've use Omastar in the past, but there was really no reason to use it in particular now, so that was no. Iwaparesu caught my eye for its ability to OHKO Espeon and Aerodactyl, not lure in Taunt or Espeon, and lay down two types of hazards.

My new facvorite move was Dragon Tail, and it fit the theme of the team well. All I needed was an abuser. I had tried Dragonite on a previous team, but I was unimpressed. Instead, I wanted something that could still apply offensive pressure while being reasonably bulky. Gyarados was my first choice, but then I had a nasty Electric weakness and no resistances. Instead, I chose Salamence because of Roost, Intimidate, and decent defensive typing.

There was still a nasty weakness to Electric attacks, and a strong Boltbeam combo could rampage through my team (*cough Borutorosu cough*). I also needed another phazer who could also lay down hazards and tank hits like nobody's business. I wanted to try Swampert because of its great typing, synergy with my team, and great bulk.

Yeah, this team sucked in practice. Snorlax could maybe last for one hit, Shandera was too frail, and the grass attacks for Swampert were unavoidable. I needed to replace Shandera and Swampert first. I would have liked not to use these pokemon, but Burungeru and Nattorei were perfect for this team. So, I had to use them.

Wow, Fire attacks were a problem, seeing as they still destroyed Snorlax and completely destroyed Nattorei and Skarmory. I also had enough hazards between Nattorei and Iwaparesu, so there was really no need for Skarmory. What I really needed was a pokemon who had useful resistances for my team and could still apply a bit of offensive pressure. Latias was bulky and could really apply pressure on the opponent. Now all I needed was a pokemon to check set up sweepers with strong priority that could even take out opposing walls. I liked Toxicroak for that because of his strong Sucker Punch, bulk in the rain, and ability to switch in easily on fighting and water attacks.

Alright, enough screwing around, here's the team:

El Ermitaño (Iwaparesu) (F) @

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
This is the most reliable hazard lead in existance. It has access to two types of hazards and has very strong attack. It has great bulk and usually can lay down at least two layers of hazards. The basic plan is to make it a suicide pokemon and just have it lay down as many hazards as possible. Stealth Rock is obviously top priority, as Nattorei carries Spikes. After Stealth Rock is down, I can put down layers of Spikes. Rock Slide is powerful and strong and is capable of OHKOing Aerodactyl and anything weak to Rock. X-Scissor is also equally powerful and can deal massive damage to everything that doesn't resist it. Espeon is OHKO'd by it, so if I predict an Espeon switch-in, I'll OHKO it. Iwaparesu's bulk is indespensible, as it allows it to tank multiple hits. The Lum berry is to protect it from status leads like Darkrai, Machamp, and Roserade. I've been considering a Passho berry however, to combat leads like Politoed. The 88 Speed EVs are to outspeed leads like Machamp. Attack is maxed out to ensure that he can deal some damage, and everything else is dumped into HP.

El Dragón (Salamence) (M) @

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
This is my own, custom Salamence. The idea of it is to counter common pokemon while still being a threat and to be bulky enough to sponge hits and heal. Now, someone is going to say "WTF WHERE'S OUTRAGE AND DRAGON DANCE?!" I understand that Salamence gets both of those moves, but I think this Salamence suits the team better. Intimidate is incredibly useful and forces many switches. The switch in gets hit with Stealth Rock and multiple layers of Spikes, as well as a STAB Dragon Tail. Then the new, unwanted pokemon comes in and is hit by multiple layers of hazards. The damage starts to rack up quickly. Flamethrower is standard on Salamence for its ability to hit Ice, Grass (Breloom, Nattorei), and Steels hard. Hydro Pump is an often overlooked move on Salamence, but it is needed on my team for pokemon like Hippowdon, Blaziken, and Infernape. The EVs and nature are unusual. Max HP is for maximum bulk, and the 16 Speed EVs are to outspeed max speed Adamant Breloom. The rest is dumped into SAtk for a more powerful Flamethrower and Hydro Pump. I understand tha a Modest Nature makes Dragon Tail less powerful, but Salamence has a base 135 Atk. Dragon Tail is still immensely powerful. I would like some help with the spread of this pokemon, though. I was considering Garchomp, but I liked Intimidate more so I chose Salamence.

La Medusa (Burungeru) (F) @

Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Boil Over
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Toxic
Burungeru is the much needed spin blocker of the team. It is also the dedicated special wall of the team. All special attacks go to Burungeru, as she can absorb most of them. Her high HP stat also allows her to absorb some physical attacks, though not as well as special attacks. Boil Over is for the nifty Burn chance that helps my team tank for a bit more. Shadow Ball is for additional STAB and even for opposing Burungerus. Recover allows me to tank hits all day, as I can usually heal up when their sweeper realizes that it can't do anything to me. Toxic is for additional stalling and helps wear down the opponent even faster. This is pretty much a standard Burungeru, there's really not much too it. It has great synergy with the rest of the team, especially because it can absorb Ice attacks aimed at Salamence and Latias.

El Durián (Nattorei) (M) @

Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
How can you make a stall team without this guy? Nattorei is a staple of any stall team, and my team is no exception. It provides Spike support if Iwaparesu can't get down three layers, and can provide poison support to help stall out the opponent. Power Whip is pretty much essential on Nattorei as it can take down bulky Waters that plague many teams. Gyro Ball also gets huge power because minimum speed Nattorei is the slowest fully evolved pokemon out there. Burungeru and Nattorei form an unstoppable combo that forces switches all over the place. I don't really need to put any specail defense EVs into this guy because I have Burungeru to take all of the special hits.

Legendario (Latias) (F) @

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Life Orb + 3 Attack Latias is truly a monster. It packs incredible power and can even heal whatever damage is dealt to it by either the Life Orb or by other pokemon. Dragon Pulse is for obvious STAB. I chose it over Draco Meteor because I don't like the Special Attack drop. Instead of using moves like Surf and Psychic, I chose Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for BoltBeam coverage, although I would actually like a Psychic move in there, but I don't want to sacrifice coverage. Latias packs several useful resistances for my team (Psychic, Ground, Water, Fire, Fighting, Electric, etc). I chose Latias over Latios because I wanted bulk, not power.

La Rana (Toxicroak) (M) @

Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
Toxicroak is a weird pokemon that I wish people would use more often. Toxicroak has several important uses, the main one being that it is a sure-fire rain counter. It absorbs all water attacks and there's little they can do in return. Sucker Punch is great priority to have, especially with pokemon like Deoxys-A running around (He thinks he can use Psycho Boost on me...) Poison Jab is for STAB, and it is also my move of choice against Grass types like Breloom and Venusaur. Drain Punch is also a great move on Toxicroak. Many walls are weak to Fighting, so Toxicroak can heal himself (and any LO recoil) and break down walls simultaneously. Swords Dance is probably the most useful move on Toxicroak. Some pokemon are smart and switch out when they see Toxicroak, and so I Swords Dance on the switch. This makes all future Sucker Punches super powerful, and I can run through teams after just one Swords Dance. This also makes Drain Punch super powerful, making Toxicroak constantly heal itself.

THREAT LIST

THREAT LIST

Black means I can deal with them.
Orange means they give me troube.
Red means that they demolish me.

Offensive Threats
Aakeosu - Not really an issue, can't really do much to me as well. SR takes a toll on it, and Toxicroak can do a suicide Sucker Punch to activate Weak Kneed. Otherwise, I can tank and just hit it.

Aerodactyl - Annoying as a lead if it attacks, but otherwise it's not too powerful and can be walled and destroyed.

Agirudaa - Aguridaa lacks Taunt and is scared to death of Rock Slide. It's weak offensively too.

Aianto - This is standard, not DW, so Ainto is pretty weak. I can kill it easily with Salamence.

Azelf - Leads fear X-Scissor, offensive versions fear Burungeru.

Baffuron - Toxicroak if it's not in Trick Room, but even if it is, Burungeru and Nattorei wall it.

Birijion - Latias takes this bad boy down with Ice Beam and there's little he can do about it. Salamence also gives it a hard time.

Blaziken - Burungeru walls this thing. Salamence can also abuse Intimidate.
Borutorosu - Burungeru, Salamence, and Latias are all dead or seriously hurt. If they survive, they can hit for a ton of damage but they can't always OHKO. Toxicroak can get a suicide Sucker Punch, but it doesn't deal too much. Nattorei walls but can't do much either. Iwaparesu can abuse Sturdy and hit it with Rock Slide, however.

Breloom - Salamence, Toxicroak, and Latias all outspeed and OHKO and take little from Mach Punch.

Daikenki - I have five pokemon that resist or are immune to Water. This really isn't an issue.

Darkrai - Being asleep sucks. Being tricked a choice item sucks. Letting it sweep you at +2 sucks. This is a problem.
Deoxys - Sucker Punch or wall it.
Deoxys-A - Sucker Punch or wall it.
Deoxys-S - Sucker Punch or wall it.
Denchura - There's not much it can do to Nattorei, and Latias outspeeds and OHKO's it.

Doryuuzu - Actually not that hard to kill. Nattorei walls it. Burungeru can survive a hit. I can abuse Intimidate with Salamence. Latias can take a hit and OHKO back.

Dragonite - Because SR is always up, Multi-Scale can't activate. I can tank most hits and hit back for a lot of damage usually.

Electivire - Electivire is just weak. I can stall it and hurt it a lot and even abuse Intimidate.

Empoleon - Toxicroak can wall most versions unless they have a flying move and hit back with Drain Punch. Keep in mind, my team is Water-proof.

Enbuoo - There's nothing he can do to Salamence. Also, who likes taking a Hydro Pump to the face? An Un-STAB'd Wild Bolt won't kill Burungeru either.

Flygon - Latias outspeeds and OHKO's non-scarf variants. If it's scarfed, I have enough resistances to switch in safely.

Garchomp - Latias outspeeds and OHKO's non-scarf versions. Because so many have a Yache Berry, I use Dragon Pulse. If it's scarfed, I have plenty of resistances.
Gengar - If it doesn't have HP Fire, I can have Nattorei use Gyro Ball while it uses Fail Blast. Also, Toxicroak's Sucker Punch.

Goruugu - Latias's Ice Beam does a ton. Toxicroak's Sucker Punch finishes it off. I can also use Burungeru or even Salamence.

Gyarados - Bulky versions don't pack enough coverage moves, as Water is useless on my team. Offensive versions can be Intimidated until they're weak enough to stall.

Heatran - Burungeru can usually stall it, and if it's not scarfed, Toxicroak outspeeds and deals a ton with Drain Punch. Salamence also has Hydro Pump.

Heracross - Intimidate abuse can give it a hard time, and then Burungeru can stall it. Latias outspeeds as well and OHKO's.

Hihidaruma - This thing hits HARD, especiall with a Life Orb. Not much can switch in easily. I have to abuse Intimidate and then use pokemon that resist Fire like Salamence, Latias, or Burungeru.

Infernape - Burungeru stalls it out, as does Latias. Salamence gives it trouble too. Not really an issue.

Jirachi - I hate this thing. It's actually not hard to wall, but being flinched is such a pain. TrickScarf versions, especially with Ice Punch, can tear my team to pieces as well. All my walls hate choice items, Salamence and Latias are killed by Ice Punch, Iwaparesu hates Steel, and Toxicroak is just frail.

Jolteon - If it's specs, then I have plenty of resistances and switch ins. If not, Nattorei can wall it pretty well. Sucker Punch deals a ton as well.

Kingdra - This team is rain proof. Nattorei walls it, Burungeru and Toxicroak can absorb water attacks, and everyone else besides Iwaparesu can take all water hits. Sucker Punch deals decent damage as well.

Kirikizan - Toxicroak resists Sucker Punch and can outspeed and OHKO with Drain Punch. Salamence can abuse Intimidate and hit it with Flamethrower. Nattorei walls it pretty well too.

Kojondo - Generally, if it's a lead, I take the Fake Out, then switch to Burungeru on the Hi Jump Kick and watch it plumment to its doom. If the player's smart and uses Stone Edge, I can just tank and hit it with Boil Over.

Kobaruon - Latias outspeeds and deals a lot of damage, and Salamence can tank and use Flamethrower. Burungeru also resists its STAB and can hit with Boil Over. Toxicroak can usually take a hit and hit back with Drain Punch.

Kurimugan - Latias can kill it easily. Most of my other pokemon can wall it easily. Not an issue at all.

Kyurem - Nattorei can pretty much handle this thing single-handedly. If it's dead, Latias outspeeds and deals a ton. Burungeru can tank to an extent as well.

Latios - Being tricked a choice item sucks, and really the only pokemon that resists Dragon is Nattorei, who hates choice items. Yet even still, I have moves like Sucker Punch to kill Latias. Also, most Scarf versions are Modest from my experience, meaning that Latias can outspeed and OHKO.
Lucario - Steel attacks can take out Iwaparesu, but it's not like it can do much back any way. Ice Punch can take care of Salamence, but at least I can use Intimidate. Crunch can take out Burungeru. Fighting attacks take out Nattorei. Latias usually outspeeds and deals a ton of damage, but if it uses Agility then it better not have Crunch or Ice Punch. Toxicroak is just frail, but if it survives I can use Drain Punch for the kill. But it never has all of these moves, so I'm usually safe.

Machamp - Burungeru can pretty much take care of him. If he doesn't have Ice Punch, then I can use Salamence. Latias scares him to death, but I don't want to take a payback to the face. Toxicroak takes almost nothing from anything it packs, so I can usually set up on it.

Magnezone - Bye bye Nattorei! But since I only have one steel, it's not a huge issue. Most pokemon on my team can kill it.

Mamoswine - Pretty predictable, but definitely a pain to both of my dragons. Fortunately I have two bulky walls that can take care of it. Also, Toxicroak outspeeds and OHKO's.

Metagross - Somewhat annoying. It's bulky enough to tank hits from my pokemon, but Salamence can usually handle it with Flamethrower. Latias can also deal a lot, and Burungeru can wall it.

Ninjask - It's annoying if it baton passes something, but oh well. Ninjask itself is easy enough to kill, and I can phaze it as long as it doesn't have a Sub.

Ononokusu - Nattorei walls it, and Latias outspeeds and OHKO's. Toxicroak deals a lot as well.

Randorosu - Definitely a pain in the sand. It's powerful and fast. I can switch in Salamence repeatedly to abuse Intimidate. If it has a scarf, I have enough resistances to switch in a resisted pokemon. If it's not, I can hope for Burungeru to kill it. Usually, Latias can survive a hit and kill it back with Ice Beam. Without Latias, however, I'll have to maneuver for a bit.

Rankurusu - Nattorei abuses its Trick Room and hit back hard with Power Whip. Toxicroak OHKO's with Sucker Punch, and Burungeru can kill it with Shadow Ball (despite losing a good amount of health in the process).

Roobushin - Toxicroak is resistant to anything it packs, yet there's not much it can do back. Salamence is resistant to Fighting and doesn't take much from Payback, but it has to watch out for Rock Slide. Conversely, Latias doesn't take much from Rock Slide but needs to be weary of Rock Slide.

Roserade -Toxic Spikes aren't an issue as long as Toxicroak is alive. Salamence outspeeds and OHKO's, however, as does Latias.

Salamence - Latias has Ice Beam for Salamence, and Burungeru can bluff it. Nattorei can get it if it's on Outrage, but it needs to be careful for Flamethrower.
Sazandora - Without a Choice Scarf, Latias takes it down without any problem. With a Choice Scarf, I can switch in on a resisted attack.

Scizor - Scizor can't do much to stall teams, but it's a pain for Iwaparesu because it can't set up too much. Other than that, most of my pokemon handle it perfectly, not to mention the fact that I'll have multiple layers of hazards.

Shandera - This isn't DW, so Shandera really isn't a big deal. I can switch in a resisted pokemon. Toxicroak, Salamence, and Latias all outspeed and OHKO it, and Toxicroak even has Sucker Punch.

Shaymin - Subseeding can't do much to Nattorei, and even still I can usually just kill it with Salamence or Toxicroak or Latias or someone.
Shaymin-S - Wow, this thing is annoying. There are no safe switch-ins due to Seed Flare, and then it just flinches me to death. I'll just wait for it to be banned though.
Shibirudon - Slow and not powerful enough. Most of my pokemon can just beat this thing down. Not a whole lot it can do to me either.

Shinboraa - Cosmic Power sweeping is a pain, but I just wait for a crit or use Dragon Tail. Shinboraa also is OHKO'd by Sucker Punch and Latias's Ice Beam.

Shubarugo -Salamence used Flamethrower! Naw, but there's nothing he can do to me. I'm bulky enough to take a hit and strong enough to deal one back.

Smeargle - Mostly just annoying for support, he's really not a threat or too hard to kill.

Starmie - Spinning is annoying, but that's what Burungeru is for. I hate taking a Thunderbolt to the face, but he hates taking a Shadow Ball to the face. Also, Sucker Punch is activated by Rapid Spin and OHKO's.

Terakion - Latias outspeeds, but in the sand I can't OHKO. He can actually deal a number on my team. I have to abuse Intimidate and then use Hydro Pump, but Salamence hates Rock moves. Burungeru can also take a hit or two and respond with Boil Over. But he is capable of taking out a few of my pokemon.

Togekiss - Flinching sucks, but Latias outspeeds and OHKO's. I can also wall it pretty easily as long as I'm not flinching.

Torunerosu - Burungeru can bluff an Ice Beam or wall it. Latias takes little damage and can OHKO it back as well.

Tyranitar - Scarf versions are a pain to take out because they'll usually drag one or two pokemon with them. Salamence has Intimidate, however, and can deal decent damage with Hydro Pump. Burungeru can wall it as long as it isn't locked into a Dark move. Nattorei can take it out as long as it doesn't have Flamethrower. Latias can't really do much and has to watch out for Pursuit, however. Toxicroak can take most of what is thrown at it. In fact, most TTars switch out, because I outspeed and OHKO, giving me time to Swords Dance.

Urugamosu -Burungeru can pretty much take anything thrown at it, as can Salamence.

Victini - I've never really seen one, but I suppose I have enough resistances to Fire to tank a bit. Salamence has Intimidate and Hydro Pump, and Burungeru can hit it with either Shadow Ball or Boil Over. Toxicroak's Sucker Punch deals a ton as well.

Warubiaru - Most of these are scarfed, and I have plenty of resistances. If it's locked into a certain move like Earthquake, Latias can just come in and kill it with Ice Beam.

Weavile - Annoying only for Salamence and Latias, because neither likes Ice Shard or Pursuit. Luckily, both Toxicroak and Nattorei tear him down with little trouble.

Zoroark - Aside from being one giant mind-fuck, Zoroark's main threat is being able to kill Nattorei with Flamethrower and Burungeru with Night Burst. Aside from that, he is frail and easily kill-able by pokemon like Latias.

Zuruzukin - Dragon Tail phazes, and there's not much he can do about it. Toxicroak is immune to both of his STABs and can hit back with Drain Punch or even set up.

Defensive Threats
Blissey - Hit it with any physical attack. Salamence and Toxicroak scare it out, and Nattorei and Iwaparesu are both capable of hurting it as well.

Bronzong - Salamence has Flamethrower, and I have enough neutral moves to kill him easily. He really can't do much to me anyway.

Burungeru - This is pretty much the only reason I use Thunderbolt on Latias. It's a 2HKO, so basically I hit it on the switch and finish it off the next turn. I can also use Nattorei's Power Whip.

Celebi - Iwaparesu has X-Scissor, which deals a ton of damage. I can also use Flamethrower or Ice Beam. Toxicroak can also Swords Dance on it, because I really don't see too many that carry Psychic.

Chansey - Set-up fodder for Toxicroak because I'm already immune to Toxic. I can also just keep pounding away at it with physical hits from Nattorei, Iwaparesu, and Salamence.

Deoxys-D - Actually kind of a pain to take out due to the fact that I don't carry too many super effective moves. It's not really going to attack, so Sucker Punch is useless. Burungeru doesn't really pack a whole lot of power either, so Shadow Ball won't really kill it. Iwaparesu's X-Scissor does a number on it, though. I can stall out all the PP on Recover pretty easily, so it's not a big deal. I can usually just set up on it too, unless it has Taunt. It can't do much to me, however, so it's really not a big deal.

Desukaan - It has no reliable recovery, so I can pretty much keep pounding away at it. CM can be annoying, but it goes down quickly.

Dusknoir - Worse than Desukaan in my opinion. It's too slow for Pain Split to be effective, and it can't use Calm Mind.

Erufuun - Subseeding won't work on Nattorei, who inevitably kills it. Salamence can keep pounding away with Flamethrower or even Dragon Tail as well.

Forretress - Burungeru can block Rapid Spin, but then it just sets up on me. Toxicroak can absorb Toxic Spikes, but other hazards hurt. I have plenty of special hits that can kill it, I just don't like it setting up on Burungeru (one of the reasons I think I should run Taunt on Burungeru).

Furijio - Hit it with any physical attack. Done.

Gigaiasu - You won't believe how many people rage quit when I switch in Burungeru on their Explosion.

Gigigiaru - I have never seen one of these used effectively, and to be honest I never will. Not much of a wall in my opinion, and I have plenty of pokemon more than capable of taking it down.

Gliscor - Latias used Ice Beam! Salamence used Hydro Pump! Burungeru used Boil Over! Gliscor fainted!

Hippowdon - In a lead spot, it's annoying because I can't do anything to it after I've set up. But other than that, it's easy. I especially love switching Salamence in on Earthquake and using Hydro Pump.

Iwaparesu - Lol one of the worst pokemon, especially as a lead! Naw, in all seriousness, I have extra Speed EVs on mine, so I'm guaranteed to outrun others. Rock Slide should kill it. There are also plenty of other pokemon more than capable of killing it (Latias, Burungeru, Toxicroak, Salamence).

Latias - Defensive variants typically aren't max speed and Timid, so I can outspeed and hit with Dragon Pulse. Toxicroak's Sucker Punch deals decent damage as well.

Mamanbou - I've never really seen one, as Vaporeon is just simply better, but I suppose I would hammer away with Power Whip and even try to set up with Toxicroak. Latias also deals decent damage with Thunderbolt.

Nattorei - Salamence carries Flamethrower and usually tends to lure in Nattorei. Toxicroak can set up on greedier versions that try to lay down Spikes and OHKO with Drain Punch.

Porygon2 - Toxicroak cleanly 2HKO's it and can even set up on it. Other than that, I can spam Power Whip with Nattorei. Salamence and Latias can also hurt it, but they need to be weary of Ice Beam. Burungeru can also Toxic it.

Rotom-A - Threatens the Burungeru + Nattorei combo, but Salamence outspeeds and OHKO's with Hydro Pump. Latias also threatens with a powerful Dragon Pulse.

Skarmory - Salamence lures it in and then hits it with Flamethrower. Latias also carries Thunderbolt.

Snorlax - Toxicroak can hit its weaker physical defense and it can't do much back. Same goes for Nattorei.

Suicune - Monoattacking Suicune SUCKS against this team. Three pokemon resist water, and two are healed by it. This is the perfect time for Toxicroak to set up.

Swampert -Nattorei's Power Whip always KO's, and there's not much it can do in return. I can usually set up on it too.

Tentacruel - Toxicroak destroys Tentacruel. It absorbs Toxic Spikes and any attacks it will throw at it. This is a perfect time to set up. Burungeru also blocks any attempts at a spin and walls it.

Vaporeon -Toxicroak set up much? Latias and Nattorei also tend to handle it quite well.

Vuljiin
a - If you want to see an example of how awesome a mixed wall Vuljina is, check out my warstory. But I can handle it well with Latias, Iwaparesu, and Stealth Rock.

Zapdos - Whenever it tries to absorb an electric attack from Latias, I nail it with Ice Beam. It's worn down pretty quikly by Stealth Rock.

Just a few nitpicks.

On Latias, if you are looking to get good neutral coverage. It would be better to run Dragon Pulse with Surf as you get great neutral coverage this way. This coverage is arguably better then the BoltBeam coverage you currently employ as it emphasizes Latias' STAB move in Dragon Pulse.

Spikes on two pokemon seems like a waste of a moveslot. Nattorei already is an incredibly bulky pokemon so you should have no problem getting up Spikes in the first place. If you really cherish the early layers that much, then I would drop Spikes from Nattorei. Overall, pick one which you think would be better to drop Spikes.

Hope this helps.

Dragon Pulse, Surf and HP Fire will give you the best coverage and a way of hitting Scizor, Nattorei and Genosect on the switch.

Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball don't really gel well together since the lower speed lowers Gyro Ball's power. You could replace one for Leech Seed however which helps Burungeru stall better.

Otherwise pretty cool team.

Hey, thanks for the rates!
Added a threat list too.

Just a few nitpicks.

On Latias, if you are looking to get good neutral coverage. It would be better to run Dragon Pulse with Surf as you get great neutral coverage this way. This coverage is arguably better then the BoltBeam coverage you currently employ as it emphasizes Latias' STAB move in Dragon Pulse.

Spikes on two pokemon seems like a waste of a moveslot. Nattorei already is an incredibly bulky pokemon so you should have no problem getting up Spikes in the first place. If you really cherish the early layers that much, then I would drop Spikes from Nattorei. Overall, pick one which you think would be better to drop Spikes.

Hope this helps.
That sounds great on Latias, but there are a few problems. This leaves me vulnerable to Bulky Waters, who often have Ice Beam. Part of the reason that this team is so rain proof is that each pokemon can hit back hard on rain teams. It also means that I am slightly dragon weak, as I have no Ice moves. HP Fire seems a little underwhelming, too.

And I like having Spikes twice. There's no way I'll be able to get all layers of everything, but with Spikes twice it's more likely. I can also replenish Spikes if they are spun away.

Dragon Pulse, Surf and HP Fire will give you the best coverage and a way of hitting Scizor, Nattorei and Genosect on the switch.

Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball don't really gel well together since the lower speed lowers Gyro Ball's power. You could replace one for Leech Seed however which helps Burungeru stall better.

Otherwise pretty cool team.
I mentioned the Latias thing up above, and Genosect isn't released in Wifi.

Thunder Wave was useless, and so I replaced it with Toxic, actually, because you can never have too much Toxic on a stall team.

And Thanks!

mmkay, i don't like it when people bump their thread a trillion times, but I'd really like one more opinion about it. There's definitely plenty to improve and fix, so there are definitely things to say. Leave comments!
Take a look at the threat list too.

Team is pretty good. Kudos on Iwaparesu, he's not seeing enough use. I do have to ask though, can his X-Scissor really be considered as a counter for Celebi/Deoxys-D on your threat list? You use him as a suicide lead, and they're both rather unlikely to switch into or stay in on a STAB super effective move.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
hey sax king, solid team from what i can see. my biggest concern with this team is the potential trouble that it will inevitably encounter from teams that pack multiple dragon-types. while nattorei is extremely bulky, it is your only dragon resist, and since it lacks any form of recovery it won't be able to simply keep coming in time and time again. once nattorei goes down, your opponent will be able to skin your team alive with attacks such as choice specs latios's draco meteor and choice band ononokusu's outrage. your team synergy is pretty aces right now, so i don't want to change too much. i think that in order to deal with the threat of opposing dragon-types, a good revenge killer should be used. imo scarf garchomp is the best choice on your team for this. scarfchomp provides your team with a nifty thunder wave immunity, in addition to a powerful outrage with which to hit blissey, who can be a real pain for your team if iwaparesu and toxicroak go down early in the game. try a set of outrage | dragon claw | stone edge | earthquake, an ev spread of 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe, and a jolly nature. additionally, scarfchomp forces just as many switches as latias, so you won't lose any entry hazard momentum.

i truthfully think that speed is much more important than bulk on basically any salamence set, even your unique one. for this reason i think that you should consider changing your spread to 4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe with a naive nature. while the bulk does help you check some pokemon more easily, the additional speed allows you to tackle a wider range of threats, so i think that it is ultimately more useful than your current spread.

as far as more nitpicky changes go, i think that ice beam is a better option than shadow ball on burungeru. while shadow ball helps against mons such as starmie and gengar, nattorei can switch in on these threats very easily anyway, so the need to check them with burungeru is lessened. ice beam will at least allow you to hit troublesome dragon-types hard, especially ones with 4x weaknesses. on nattorei, i also think that leech seed would be more beneficial than toxic. aside from nattorei and burungeru, your team truthfully doesn't have a very stall-ish nature, so toxic is somewhat unnecessary. seeing as nattorei is such a key member of your team, i think that it is important that it at least has some means of recovering its HP, and leech seed would enable it to do so while still sapping its opponents HP.

great team overall, and good luck~

you lack an effective rapid spin blocker. After setting up all of those spikes you wouldn't want them to be spun away now would you? Sure the water balloon can block and attack but her sp att is weak without any investment and can be broken through by a support starmie with a combination of recover,rapid spin,t-bolt,surf

On Natt. You should drop gyroball for Leech Seed as you can live longer w/ the recovery and still drain your opponent. Maybe drop power whip if ya want, but one of them should leave so leech seed can take it's place.

Also consider Tpunch on toxicroak. I have it on mine. and it works nice for coverage. Buru doesn't wall at all and you OHKO variants (maybe all IDR) of Gyra even w/ the intimidate drop. You get walled by venusaur this way (exept for suckerpunch) but I think it's worth it.

You mention that Burunkeru has a Careful nature, but I think you meant to write Calm, as you are using Sp. Attacks, not Physical attacks.

You have no effective counter to Doruuzu in the sand. I suggest replacing Toxicroak's set with a Nasty Plot set, which destroys stall and checks Doryuzzu once it has taken about 45% damage. The set is Nasty Plot | Vacuum Wave | Sludge Bomb | Dark Pulse. Vacuum Wave for priority, Sludge Bomb for a strong, reliable STAB move, and Dark Pulse for the inevitable Ghosts who will switch in to take little (or no damage) from SB and VW. Run 252 / 252 / 4 whatever with a Modest nature. You can run timid, but the things you would beat because of it are already taken care of with Vacuum Wave (Lucario, Heatran etc...), however, you can outrun max Speed Adamant Ononokusu with Timid and 248 Speed EVs =)

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh look another team that's swept by Calm Mind Birijion =D

This is very easy to fix. Since Latias has great coverage with Dragon Pulse/Thunderbolt as it is, I recommend replacing Ice Beam with Psycho Shock to kill Calm Mind users. Ice Beam is redundant next to Dragon Pulse.

Other than that, it's a pretty good team.

Looking at your threat list, it seems that there are some offensive threats that are proving to be difficult to deal with. Something simple that could alleviate all of those weaknesses is changing Nattorei and Burungeru's EV spreads and natures. I would reccomend using Sassy along with a 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpDef on Nattorei will allow it to take on Shaymin-S with greater ease, increasing the odds of being able to fire off a Gyro Ball, since it is able to take more Air Slashes. It also allows it to set-up Spikes more effectively and take on Manaphy as well. Burungeru being more physically defensive will help against Scarf Jirachi (which you mentioned was hard to stop) and take Kingdra's Outrage more effectively.

Nattorei wants Leech Seed over Toxic. It will increase Nattorei's survivability which is important considering it is your only Steel type and such a crucial part of your team.

At a glance, there are some offensive threats that stand out as dangerous. I can see things like Doryuuzu, Darkrai and Lucario being problematic, and some of these have been mentionned in your threat list. I'm going to secong the NP Toxicroak suggestion because it is still strong offensively but has Vacuum Wave, which allows it to pick off weakened Doryuuzu and Darkrai. Something I have in mind is another EV spread and nature for Salamence: Naive + 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe which will allow it to take a SD Rock Slide from Jolly Balloon Doryuuzu after Intimidate and SR (and retaliate with Flamethrower) and outspeed neutral natured Lucario, helping you out against both of these guys. I would also advocate Dragon Claw over Hydro Pump to get a reliable STAB move. You do lose Hydro Pump and some Special bulk but Burungeru and Latias can usually switch into these attacks with impunity.

I'm questionning Iwaparesu's effectiveness on this team. Nattorei already acts as a Spiker (a much better one to be honest), and gets plenty of opportunities to set-up. Two Spike users, is redundant and I feel like Iwaparesu's slot could be used to do something more effective. The only replacement I can think of at the moment, is Gigaiasu. With a Custap Berry, Adamant, 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe, and SR / Stone Edge / Earthquake / Explosion, it can still set-up SR and has similar typing (and Sturdy), but it is hits a lot harder and fits this team better, in my opinion.

Other than all of these suggestions, I think the last change I would like to reccomend is to use a Scarf Lati@s over your current set, as this team currently lacks a revenge killer, which makes it vulnerable to set-up to some set-up threats, and this simple change doesn't change your team too much. I realise that revenge killing is not what you want, but I think you need some sort of back-up plan, in case something goes wrong. Trick should take Recover's place, Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse to compensate for the loss of LO and Surf > Ice Beam is needed as well, as it gets excellents coverage with other moves and hits an abundance of foes. Ice Beam has repetitive coverage along with Draco Meteor, so Surf would be better here.

gl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)