Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
When did you order it? CafePress took it down very recently because TPCI complained about copyright infringement. You might not get anything at all now.

Goddammit, I was hoping Raist would take champion.

Damn, I should move to Philadelphia, a Pkmn-friendly state.

No I haven't ordered one yet, I was curious so that I didn't order one then have it arrive too late. This is sad news though, I've gotta have one of those bad boys.

(just got back)

Zerowing knows because I called him and woke him up, like a good nerd friend!

They had at least 560 registrants. There were many nerds there.. gassy nerds. I heard one girl say that it was worse than the Otakon gaming room >_>

Anyways, yeah, of all the Smogon/internet people I met(Mosquitox, HnH, EE/Gouki, Carl, SHAKA KHAN!!, and a bunch of others.. nobody got in. The exception being Vash the Stampede.. all I can say about Vash is holy mutton chops. He clearly has a thing for Wolverine, or at least his facial hair leads me to believe so!
Siiigh.
Who knew the turnout would be so huge.
Wish I would've met you guys.

Just got back from the tourney. 600+ people showed up to Philly. I didn't get selected. Was a bummer.
Christ, 600 people? And even though there were 20 people from Smogon almost none got in. That sucks.

Although I have confidence that Vash is gonna represent, his team is quite good.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PBB: No, Cookies didn't get in.

Also: Vash has mutton chops. He isn't allowed to represent Smogon imo.

Just got back from phili.

Bluecookies, EE and son, TTS, myself, and a hand full of all the other smogers(last year's NYC's winner included) that i met did not make it in the draw. it was a whopping 610 plus entrants for seniors. Gl to Vash in phili.

It was great meeting all of you guys in person i hope we can see each other soon guys.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

My wife's co-worker's boyfriend is the general manager of a hotel nearby and got us a 2 bed Kingsweet at a nice hotel IN Nashville for like 35$ a night! We'll save like 150$ by switching to there!!!! More blow money for the trip!!! Wooooot!

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Anybody know what the highest number shown on the screen was when displaying who got in? Also what did they do for 493 and higher? Did they actually use Arceus for 493?

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It was like 560 something iirc. No, there was no Arceus for 493 and was instead blank like the others that didn't correspond to a pokemon.

When TTS says nobody got in he really does mean it.. I think a lot of people that deserved to be in, Smogon related or otherwise, were turned down. Disappointing. Jonathan got in but lost in the first round to some bad luck against a Choice Scarf Dragon Rush Garchomp xD. Had I known the number of people attending I would have just slept in this morning.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
Can't answer about 493 specifically, but they just started writing numbers on blank wristbands after they ran out, though. I can't say what the highest number called was, but I saw someone with a wristband in the 560s.

Well, I just got back home, and after a 2 hour drive and so much waiting I didn't get in =[.

I looked over at the registration table near the end of registration times, and about 980 Seniors showed up. It sucks, I didn't get to see the final match either, so many people were blocking the screen that I couldn't record it.

On the bright side I seen Marilland... :D

I took some pictures, I'll post them later if anyone wants to see them.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
Did you meet the big group of Smogoners, BB? It was so noisy that I didn't catch everyone's names.

almost 1k seniors? I hope nintendo gets the hint and next year will have more tourneys or something. 128 out of 1k is stupid especially when its at random.

This is EXACTLY why they should've had a NY tourny. Most of Philly were probably New Yorkers. When you mix that with Philly you get almost 1k people!

Stupid Nintendo!

This is EXACTLY why they should've had a NY tourny. Most of Philly were probably New Yorkers. When you mix that with Philly you get almost 1k people!

Stupid Nintendo!
Amen to that.
It should've been there.
I mean, I'M from there.
To go from NY to PA, and then get sent back cause you just happen to not make the cut, really sucks.
...and a waste of money.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Yeah, when people say no smogoner got in, they mean it. There was a big group of 10 or so of us and none of us were selected. None of the top 8 players from NY last year were selected to even try a repeat performance. I did get a few pictures with Marilland, and this should make zerowing more jealous, but he even signed(gasp!) my German Koffing TCG card("Smogon"). The people who got in though were god awful. Even as late as the top 32 there were things like bubblebeam Empoleon, thunderbolt Rhyperior, Lv.39 Leafeon, Arial Ace/Blizzard Articuno, Dream Eater Spiritomb, and multiple Fly Salamences. What's even more sad is that a lot of those actually made top 16 x_x

I know how Vash placed, but I don't want to spoil it for him, so I won't say how he did :p

...The people who got in though were god awful. Even as late as the top 32 there were things like bubblebeam Empoleon, thunderbolt Rhyperior, Lv.39 Leafeon, Arial Ace/Blizzard Articuno, Dream Eater Spiritomb, and multiple Fly Salamences. What's even more sad is that a lot of those actually made top 16 x_x
...I read this and I kinda wanted to cry a bit.
Seriously.
Level 39..?
How old were these Seniors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)