Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and before anyone argues that a magma-related pokemon should be be a fire type, one word: Groudon
Groudon wasn't really magma related...it was the controller of land and continents. Sure, it has Lava Plume and Eruption and moves like that, but so does Typhlosion, a Pokemon that has nothing to do with magma. Besides Magmar and Magmortar (whose names are portmanteaus involving "magma") we have Macargo (a fire/rock Pokemon literally made out of molten magma), Camerupt, and Heatran. I think every aspect of magma/lava/volcanoes has already been utilized, and they're all fire types. Unless one of these above Pokes gets a sweet evolution (Heatran evo ftw!) I don't think there's a hope for another one.

So I'm playing through Platinum and I get to the point were the two Galactic Grunts are harassing Dawn and Prof. Rowan and after the battle, Dawn tells me that Prof. Rowan's research says that 90% of Pokemon are related to evolution. While this statement is probably an exageration, there are currently 75 Pokemon that are the only ones in their evolutionary line which is 15.2%. This would mean that 26 Pokemon would get new evolutions/pre-evolutions in Gen 5, which is probably too high but it's something to think about.

So I'm playing through Platinum and I get to the point were the two Galactic Grunts are harassing Dawn and Prof. Rowan and after the battle, Dawn tells me that Prof. Rowan's research says that 90% of Pokemon are related to evolution. While this statement is probably an exageration, there are currently 75 Pokemon that are the only ones in their evolutionary line which is 15.2%. This would mean that 26 Pokemon would get new evolutions/pre-evolutions in Gen 5, which is probably too high but it's something to think about.
If you don't count legendaries, it actually does work out to 90%

Alternatively, it's just a nice big number to say "yo lots of Pokemon evolve". And probably just goes with known Pokemon.

If you don't count legendaries, it actually does work out to 90%
Prof. Rowan obviously knows about atleast some legendaries since he mentions that he's trying to figure out why legendary Pokemon don't evolve when you talk to him in Canalave City. It is possible that Dawn just wasn't counting the legendaries, though.

I hope for once that we get good cave/beginning area Pokemon. :/

Hmmmm...good cave Pokemon? Yeah, we've never had any of those...

http://images.google.com/images?q=g...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

http://images.google.com/images?q=t...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

As for good beginning area Pokemon, Shinx, Starly, Magikarp, Budew, Heracross, Gastly, Munchlax, and Abra were all available in DP before the second gym, and they all had great evos. Hopefully, that trend will continue!

Yeah, I think it's a little bit much to assume there will be new evos just because of that one statement. First off, DP came out years ago, and I doubt GF was thinking of 5th gen Pokemon when they were still writing the dialogue for their 4th gen games. They probably just didn't think anyone would bother to look it up...let's face it, their target audience of eight year olds isn't very internet-savvy.

Yeah, I think it's a little bit much to assume there will be new evos just because of that one statement. First off, DP came out years ago, and I doubt GF was thinking of 5th gen Pokemon when they were still writing the dialogue for their 4th gen games. They probably just didn't think anyone would bother to look it up...let's face it, their target audience of eight year olds isn't very internet-savvy.
I bet they were! Yes, they probably were primarily working on Platinum & HGSS, but I'm sure they've been working on gen 5's ideas and groundwork for a while.

Those aren't in starting areas.

Hoenn was really good for that, though. Slakoth/Ralts/Shroomish/Lotad/Taillow/Marril were all really decent and all obtainable early. And then of course, DPPt brought Staraptor...
Oh, I thought you were saying you wanted good cave Pokemon and good beginning Pokemon, not good beginning cave Pokemon. Still, there are some OK ones...Zubat's decent, and in Platinum you can get Gible before the third gym. That's pretty early.

In HGSS and DPPt you can get a Geodude before getting the first badge in caves and Geodude is epic against the first three gyms in HGSS.

Playing through diamond, I noticed that when you beat team galactic, Cyrus, unlike other evil leaders, doesn't disband his team - he just dissapears. So mayby they could do something where you are friends with Cynthia, and she is your friend when you are young, but after you beat the game, depending on your version, after the end, you can get either diagla or palkia. Diagla sends you back in time to after the events of diamond to battle cyrus, where his team reflects his team of platinum (except much stronger) because it's still in that time period. Meanwhile, in the other version, palkia sends you through space to the place where cyrus currently is, and his team, while the same levels and same general diffuculty of his past team, has more gen. 5 pokemon

Unrealated, the battle frontier should have perfect points like in battle revolution. it wouldn't be too broken if they don't carry over, and they could be usefull if you ever get haxxed by freeze or OHKOs or something

Thing is, Team Galactic does get disbanded in Platinum since Cyrus stays in the Distortion World. Two of the Admins and Charon try to keep it going but you stop them at Stark Mountain.

That would certainly make the Battle Fronteir easier but I think a lot of people would get infinite streaks too easily. Remember, you should be able to sweep the first 20 or so battles easily.

Playing through diamond, I noticed that when you beat team galactic, Cyrus, unlike other evil leaders, doesn't disband his team - he just dissapears. So mayby they could do something where you are friends with Cynthia, and she is your friend when you are young, but after you beat the game, depending on your version, after the end, you can get either diagla or palkia. Diagla sends you back in time to after the events of diamond to battle cyrus, where his team reflects his team of platinum (except much stronger) because it's still in that time period. Meanwhile, in the other version, palkia sends you through space to the place where cyrus currently is, and his team, while the same levels and same general diffuculty of his past team, has more gen. 5 pokemon

Unrealated, the battle frontier should have perfect points like in battle revolution. it wouldn't be too broken if they don't carry over, and they could be usefull if you ever get haxxed by freeze or OHKOs or something
Why? What's the point? For all purposes, Galactic is dead. Cyrus is off, alone, with nothing or anyone else in the Distortion World. The last remnants of Galactic left after the Stark incident and Saturn has hopes of finding a real, honest energy source.

Team Galactic was the best... I wish they can come back... :(

Cyrus could have come out of the Distortion World and Mars, Jupiter and Charon could either get out or be replaced, which they probably will. Hopefully it'll be with Saturn in charge, but rebuilding Team Galactic in a new region to avoid the Sinnoh police, and then Cyrus finds them.

Team Galactic was the best... I wish they can come back... :(

Cyrus could have come out of the Distortion World and Mars, Jupiter and Charon could either get out or be replaced, which they probably will. Hopefully it'll be with Saturn in charge, but rebuilding Team Galactic in a new region to avoid the Sinnoh police, and then Cyrus finds them.
The Distortion World is his dream place though. He doesn't care, and has never cared, about his subordinates or even the Team itself.

It was allll to get to that point.

All of the Team Galactic Grunts are complete idiots and Cyrus is completely crazy. Who in their right mind tries to destroy the world WHILE THEY'RE IN IT. Team Rocket might not have done much but at least the grunts are as smart as grunts are gonna get and their leader isn't trying to destroy the world. If they could get a not completely crazy leader and the grunts were decent I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Anyone notice the Last Rocket Grunt's line when you face him in Cerulean City in Pokemon HeartGold version?

"I go make Team Rocket in another country."

I think that's what it was...

Does anyone think this is related to Gen V by any chance or stretch of the mind??

EDIT: Team Rocket's grasp of economics is fail.

Anyways, since I've never really had more than a short borrowed while with Gen III, am I correct in assuming Team Magma/Aqua are more competent in both goals and execution than either Team Rocket or Galactic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)