Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice the Last Rocket Grunt's line when you face him in Cerulean City in Pokemon HeartGold version?

"I go make Team Rocket in another country."

I think that's what it was...

Does anyone think this is related to Gen V by any chance or stretch of the mind??
Going to guess that that line was in Gen 2 sooooooooooooo

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
All of the Team Galactic Grunts are complete idiots and Cyrus is completely crazy. Who in their right mind tries to destroy the world WHILE THEY'RE IN IT. Team Rocket might not have done much but at least the grunts are as smart as grunts are gonna get and their leader isn't trying to destroy the world. If they could get a not completely crazy leader and the grunts were decent I wouldn't mind seeing them again.
You know, had Cyrus's plan worked, all of them would survive and live to the next world to be created by him ~__~

Well, the anime has mentioned that all of the regions are considered one country, although I'm not sure if that's true for the games. I would think they would make a new gang and the only way I'd think they'd consider it a new country is if they based the region on somewhere other than Japan.

Going to guess that that line was in Gen 2 sooooooooooooo
I'm almost certain it wasn't because you don't even fight the Team Rocket Guy on Nugget Bridge.

Doesn't Cyrus specifically state that the new word is only for him and not for the other Team Galactic members?

Anyone notice the Last Rocket Grunt's line when you face him in Cerulean City in Pokemon HeartGold version?

Does anyone think this is related to Gen V by any chance or stretch of the mind??

EDIT: Team Rocket's grasp of economics is fail.

Anyways, since I've never really had more than a short borrowed while with Gen III, am I correct in assuming Team Magma/Aqua are more competent in both goals and execution than either Team Rocket or Galactic?
That line was from Gen 2, where no future Pokemon games were planned.

... However, perhaps Game Freak is going to be pushed by that and use it as an excuse to bring it back instead of making a new team.

They're grunts, everyone. The are programmed to be punching bags we feel no sympathy over, for the villainous team we are supposed to plow over and level grind on. Let us all realize this and stop caring whether they have any sort of intelligence, since they're grunts and by basic laws of minion hierarchy, they can't have it.

Let's hope Rock-types will be able to remove Stealth Rock in Gen V...

That line was from Gen 2, where no future Pokemon games were planned.

... However, perhaps Game Freak is going to be pushed by that and use it as an excuse to bring it back instead of making a new team.
I sure hope not. We had Team Rocket in RBY, and they got their butts kicked their. A small group of grunts tried to reform it in GSC, but were beat again. I'm not really interested in seeing yet another attempt at resurrecting Team Rocket, only for them to inevitably fail again. It's been tried and done and would basically be re:GSC. Might appeal to some people, but I have absolutely no interest in that idea at all.

EDIT: @Proboscidea: Have you ever heard the term "grunt work"? That's most likely where.

How the hell is the word grunt sick? The whole point is that a sound is not a person so I have no idea where they got the idea to name the little guys grunts. Don't be immature about these kind of things and always assume that everyone means something dirty.

Well, yea in Pokemon but the word grunt is a sound, not a person so that's...weird...
No, in the real world, which is where Pokemon got the word from. A grunt is a sound, but it also is another word for a person of low ranking or standing, as Tortferngatr said--Pokemon didn't invent that use for the term; it's been around much longer than Pokemon has. You may not have heard the term used by itself, but you've probably heard of a person being given a menial task and referring to it as "grunt work" as some point or another. As for why they picked grunt... well, that's probably because it does have that connotation of "grunt work" to it, which would typically be the first thing you think of when you hear the word--they're on the bottom level, not all that important, easily replaced, there are lots of them, they're not very skilled, and they do the grunt work for the organization. Combine that with the stuff the grunts tend to say, and it's really fitting, which is most likely why they went for it.

Edit: Beaten.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What I want is for there to be a big empty building in the beginning town. At some point in the game, this is remodeled into a gym.

Your gym.

You'd get calls because people would be waiting to challenge you. Only they'd be every asshole with a Level 4 Rattata, so you gotta recruit people for your gym to thin out the herd. Then you train them to be even better. It could make for great late or post game training.

The Distortion World is his dream place though.
You're confusing Cyrus in Pt with the 12th movie character there. Cyrus in DPPt sought to make a new world, with only him in it.

Anyways, since I've never really had more than a short borrowed while with Gen III, am I correct in assuming Team Magma/Aqua are more competent in both goals and execution than either Team Rocket or Galactic?
I guess. I mean Team whatever Grunts have often been a bit incompetent for the comedy value. Then again, there's no clear motivation for either team's goal. And Team Magma's "backup" plan, to make the volcano erupt, shows no regard for human or Pokemon life.

To be honest it's only been Team Rocket, and Charon of Team Galactic, who've had "sensible" goals - money and power. Cyrus is a fairly stock fantasy evil villain character; Ultimecia in Final Fantasy VIII had the same goal, of creating a world where only she could exist. Archie and Maxie go the other way; there's no apparent personal interest in either expanding the oceans of the land. The games never really say much beyond that it's what they want to do.

You're confusing Cyrus in Pt with the 12th movie character there. Cyrus in DPPt sought to make a new world, with only him in it.
Which is...essentially what the Distortion World is.
Only him in there. A world all to himself.
No emotions. No anything but floating rock, grass, and water.

What I want is for there to be a big empty building in the beginning town. At some point in the game, this is remodeled into a gym.

Your gym.

You'd get calls because people would be waiting to challenge you. Only they'd be every asshole with a Level 4 Rattata, so you gotta recruit people for your gym to thin out the herd. Then you train them to be even better. It could make for great late or post game training.
...and that would be fun to go on Wi-Fi but it'd basically just be any other match so maybe not...designing the gym sounds fun. Designing would probably be no cooler than the underground base designing T.T but I'd still like a giant fountain in the middle of the gym.

You know, had Cyrus's plan worked, all of them would survive and live to the next world to be created by him ~__~
Actually Cyrus specifically states to the player that the rest of team galactic have no place in the worls he was planning to create. He of course says otherwise to the Galactic members themselves, but that was just a lie to encourage them.

I was reading that one post on serebii forums tha was linked and it was saying how the region that the 5th gen region could be based on was home to the Yakuza. Does anyone else think that it would be pretty cool if the next team could be like the Yakuza where all the grunts could be wearing suits and robbing banks and shit lie that. I for one think that would be really cool.

I also like the idea of having your own gym and people challenging you and stuff.

EDIT: Team Rocket's grasp of economics is fail.

I'm pretty sure the line is actually something more like: "Team Rocket? Gone? I see. To my own country I go now." He's not saying he's going to remake Team Rocket...I think it's just kind of like their pathetic last gasp.

Awww...now I made myself sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)