Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really interested to see the mechanics behind the fish's joint-form, I feel like game freak could do something really cool there. Wonder how it works in the game though, it would be cool [albeit unlikely] if every one of the fish Pokemon you caught was added to your school-form and enhanced its power, only to a certain degree though.

Although meowth looks have barely changed, I'm betting they do something really cool with Persian, and the idea that the royal family made an alola form is awesome!

When I first saw these leaks I was somewhat dissapointed, but they have grown on me really fast.

Marowak has to be a nod to Cubone's mom in Generation 1. How else does a Pokemon go from being a Ground type to being dead. It also makes sense flavor wise since that particular Marowak was haunting Lavender Tower and is likely based around the Will-o-Wisp.

The reason the Alolan Marowak is ghost/fire is because not only is it referencing the lavender tower, but it is referencing the skull on it's head. I predicted it to be fire as well since the fire type island trial guy had one. Meowth being dark makes sense but I hope we do get to see this 'royal family.' All the new pokemon in this CoroCoro leak I approve of and I like to some extent. The haunted Sandcastle is brilliant.

Really want to know how the fish pokemon works.

Also next month can't come soon enough, since Rockruff and the 3 starters share a secret, when we'll know about the "secret evolution" we'll also know the secret about the starters. :mad: (I want this with Fire/Ghost type plz)

That picture of Marowak hits me right in the feels. To be fair to Bewear, no one wants to hug it because it will crush you. I was looking at some Pokedex entries and I have a couple of ideas for possible Alolan forms. One involves Nidoking's entry.

Uhh... so now we got street gangsters as villain faction. Meh... Team Aqua is still way better.

Anyway, I didn't even notice today's leak. So....

I can only say the sand castle Shirodesuna will be this generation's Vanilluxe. Here we go again.... What I don't get is, is the shovel part of its body or not? Things like this often get me confused.
The school of fish looks... interesting.
At least Nuikoguma shows a little cute expression, unlike Bewear....
What interests me is that Iwanko is featured next month along with the new manga series. I feel like he's the next Riolu / Zorua.

Marowak seem to represent fire dancers and not just ghost it is in first generation. And apparently it is just because it adapts against predator. I had hoped it would be deeper as we see how sad it was in Origins....

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Whoa, a dark Meowth and a ghost fire Marowak?
GF is really giving us what we want this time!

This fish also looks very interesting, I wonder how they implement the group form into battle mechanics.

Notice how they're doing forms for only gen 1 pokemon. Do you think it's likely they will do more Alolan forms for other gens?
At this point I would say it's more probable the Alola forms are going to be exclusive to Gen 1 Pokemon. For a few reasons-- This is still the 20th anniversary year and that's not something Gamefreak is forgetting, there is likely more to the compatibility between VC RBY and SM, and in terms of competitive sprucing up Gamefreak probably feels that generation needs it.

There's a couple Gen 1 Pokemon that always indicated based off their pokedex entries and move pools they could be different types. Psychic Golduck, Psychic Magmar, Dragon Gyarados, Dark type Arbok, Dragon/Fairy Lapras, Fighting Scyther, etc. Who knows what we'll get.

About Team Skull… Well, villainous team names have never been Pokemon's forte but on the other hand I guess if they're just evil without being idiotic idealists that would be refreshing. Their male leader seems to have taken some outfit inspiration from One Piece's Ace.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Notice how they're doing forms for only gen 1 pokemon. Do you think it's likely they will do more Alolan forms for other gens?
I really hope so, but Game Freak haven't shown any indication that they will yet.

As for the sandcastle, it takes a while for my opinion to form, but I can say one thing for certain: I would have disliked it had it not been for the Ghost type.

I'm fine with inanimate object Pokémon, as long as there is a reason for the objects to have come to life. Muk is a pile of mutated goo. All the Ghost inanimate objects are, well, ghosts possessing things. This one included. It's an obviously supernatural creature camouflaging as a sand castle to lure its prey. Ghosts make things come to life, so it actually doesn't bother me much that it's a sand castle this time. Ghostly enough. Contrast Vanilluxe, which is a living ice cream for no reason. It has no reason to camouflage as a man-made object, no reason for it to have evolved that way, the likeness to an ice cream cone is just... weird and unnecessary.

Also, regarding the "inanimate" part... they are clearly showing this thing move, which is a huge plus. They're showing mobility and flexibility, it's not a dead object hanging still in the air. Another thing that separates it from Vanilluxe and its ilk, which have no moving body parts whatsoever. Grimer and Muk also hinge completely on their movements, without which they would have been the worst Pokémon ever. An immobile puddle with a face?

The last thing that separates it from Vanilluxe & co.: It doesn't have a tacked-on, derpy, smiley face. Its design already gives it natural-looking eyes and a mouth. They don't have to draw flat eyes and a smile on a flat surface.

Vanilluxe is so hated because of a multitude of bad design decisions, which this thing elegantly avoid despite following the same core concept. I think most fans will be happy with it.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but your description of gigareki sounds exactly like the strange souvenir. And gigareki is trademarked, so most likely a real Pokemon.
I knew people were going to continue the fake Pokedex talk after a real leak. They were like "STOP talking about the Pokedex leak" at first. However, I didn't really want to talk about it. I wanted to exposed those fake fully evolved form starter drawings
Uhh... so now we got street gangsters as villain faction. Meh... Team Aqua is still way better.

I can only say the sand castle Shirodesunaa will be this generation's Vanilluxe. Here we go again.... What I don't get is, is the shovel part of its body or not? Things like this often get me confused.
What interests me is that Iwanko is featured next month along with the new manga series. I feel like he's the next Riolu / Zorua.
. Yeah, I can't wait for Gamefreak to tell us more about these trademarks. More event Pokemon are possibly hidden for a secret, thats why I didn't included on the list. Do you think hackers might reveal the data like before?
The reason the Alolan Marowak is ghost/fire is because not only is it referencing the lavender tower, but it is referencing the skull on it's head. I predicted it to be fire as well since the fire type island trial guy had one. Meowth being dark makes sense but I hope we do get to see this 'royal family.' All the new pokemon in this CoroCoro leak I approve of and I like to some extent. The haunted Sandcastle is brilliant.
Oh no, that only mean one thing... Do you think the Burried Alive and White Hand story might be true? Trust me, I don't want to be raw fresh meat.
Yeah, the other day on Pokemon Showdown, we were talking about the fire Marowak rumor. Users where saying they would rather use the original one for Thick Club due to Stealth Rock weakness.

In other news, about the Alola Raticate rumor, it would be a waste of slot usage (no offense to any rat lovers out there). The only good use if the Kanto-to-Alola version Pokemon were a 100 stat boost.

I can only say the sand castle Shirodesunaa will be this generation's Vanilluxe. Here we go again.... What I don't get is, is the shovel part of its body or not? Things like this often get me confused.
In before a second villain team. Having two gangs in a region is so much cooler. I like Team Aqua the best as well.
Whoa, a dark Meowth and a ghost fire Marowak?
GF is really giving us what we want this time!

This fish also looks very interesting, I wonder how they implement the group form into battle mechanics.
Hello there jynx, how tremendous fast do you think dark Persian is?
At this point I would say it's more probable the Alola forms are going to be exclusive to Gen 1 Pokemon. For a few reasons-- This is still the 20th anniversary year and that's not something Gamefreak is forgetting, there is likely more to the compatibility between VC RBY and SM, and in terms of competitive sprucing up Gamefreak probably feels that generation needs it.

There's a couple Gen 1 Pokemon that always indicated based off their pokedex entries and move pools they could be different types. Psychic Golduck, Psychic Magmar, Dragon Gyarados, Dark type Arbok, Dragon/Fairy Lapras, Fighting Scyther, etc. Who knows what we'll get.

About Team Skull… Well, villainous team names have never been Pokemon's forte but on the other hand I guess if they're just evil without being idiotic idealists that would be refreshing. Their male leader seems to have taken some outfit inspiration from One Piece's Ace.
If the Alola forms are exclusive to Kanto, I hope they do Electibuzz and Magmar because there evolutions are too slow and ugly. The 1# main Pokemon I hope to have a Alola form is Cloyster, ghost/ice anyone? But I know its hightly unlikely.

Good point. I can tolerate Chandelure line and people like it unlike that ice cream because of it.MMaybe I just too quickly think about it. If they show it to be more ghostly or I take time, maybe I'll see its not that bad.

When I say leak... I mean this CoroCoro scan ._. Not that scrap list.

Last edited:
Yeah, the other day on Pokemon Showdown, we were talking about the fire Marowak rumor. Users where saying they would rather use the original one for Thick Club due to Stealth Rock weakness.

In other news, about the Alola Raticate rumor, it would be a waste of slot usage (no offense to any rat lovers out there). The only good use if the Kanto-to-Alola version Pokemon were a 100 stat boost.
Slot usage? Are you thinking that Alola forms need an item?

So, for those of you who are iffy about the design for the sand castle, here is a quote from our resident translator from TV Tropes:

"According to the flavor text the sand castle Sunabaa traps other Pokemon and suck out their life energy. The grudge of that Pokemon then possess other sand and forms a new Sunabaa. Also its evolution's name Shirodesuna is literally Castle Death Sand."

So a living quick sand monster that smothers their victims to death, and then the souls left behind are doomed to become more of the baddies...That's brutal.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ahahaha the sandcastlemon is so funny to look at, I love it. these gen VII designs keep getting better and better with each release, I can't help but think about what I might use in my first playthrough but each of the revealed Pokemon have honestly impressed me so much, I'm going to have to just wing it I think! although a solo run with baby beware is a real temptation now.

Tory

Banned deucer.
1) This is the same game series with several moves/abilities that do the same thing. The same game where Delibird has both Vital Spirit AND Insomnia.
2) Stat changes are possible (as confirmed with Sandshrew-A and Sandslash-A).
3) The lower tiers enjoy new toys as well.
About the snow cloak Sandslash, its possible that evasion abilities in S/M maybe allowed in OU after voting. Imagine Sandslash-A into a Substitute + Sword Dance just Ice Shard and Iron Head everything. I don't mean give Sandslash a Substitute as a move (since it may not have the speed and bulk). I would Baton Pass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)