SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A continuation of my tweet from earlier today. In addition to the Shaymin in-game event at Flower Paradise, the Darkrai in-game event at Newmoon Island is now also complete!<br><br>The new music and battle background make this seem so sinister, I really love it. <a href="https://t.co/0trNwckkkh">pic.twitter.com/0trNwckkkh</a></p>&mdash; Matt (@mattyoukhana_) <a href=" ">November 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does this mean they'll be available day one?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A continuation of my tweet from earlier today. In addition to the Shaymin in-game event at Flower Paradise, the Darkrai in-game event at Newmoon Island is now also complete!<br><br>The new music and battle background make this seem so sinister, I really love it. <a href="https://t.co/0trNwckkkh">pic.twitter.com/0trNwckkkh</a></p>&mdash; Matt (@mattyoukhana_) <a href=" ">November 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does this mean they'll be available day one?

no

Very likely they plan to give these "event activators" as gifts at some point for promotions or releases.
Maybe for movies or as bonuses for LA?
I bet the darkrai item actually gets released sometime within the next 2 months

Just so that is out there in the ecosystem just before LA gets "early" access to Shaymin, and then BDSP will get the Shaymin event just after that

I was looking at the roster changes for the v1.1 patch... and, for some reason, the Empoleon used by the opposite player character now has a Hardy nature, when the nature was correct beforehand (Lucas's set was Choice Band Adamant, and Dawn's was Modest with only special attacks).

1636666088764.png

1636666114747.png

On the other hand, Lucas's Infernape changed from mixed Rash Choice Scarf (with Overheat), to fully-physical Jolly... with a White Herb. While it does have Close Combat, it would have made more sense with Overheat.

1636666250767.png

The amount of content provided by a Battle Frontier (either 4th or 3th gen battle frontier) greatly surpasses a few trainers with good teams. When you talk about the Battle Frontier you talk about 5 to 7 facilities, each one with a very specific set of rules and dedicated mechanics, along with the work on the visuals (the battle frontier is not just a sign that activates when you talk to it, it is actually mapped), to the point that in this very forum, each one of the battle facilities has enough text regarding its depth that could surpass a phd.

The rematches will last for a few hours, maybe 2 hours with a standard team if you know what you are doing. A new battle frontier would make you invest much more than that to actually challenge it.
Yeah and this is something where the 'dev time' argument doesn't fly. There's no additional plot and you're just going against a few dozen reskinned trainers in random order in the same room. The framework has already been in place for 10+ years and it's 100% about nudging that top x% of competitive players into shilling out for online play and/or VGC events.

That being said, it seems like the Battle Tower could be more challenging than it's ever been (which may or may not be a good thing - if there's not some anti-cheating mechanism in place it becomes that much easier for people to post a streak way out of reach of what one can achieve through 'normal' play and justify it with 'oh hey I guess I just got lucky to not ever get screwed over by those Sheer Cold Articunos/Walreins') and as you said, on its own offers more replay value than these rematches that people seem extra hyped for.

From a dollars per hours of entertainment perspective I'm sure the average person who's into the Frontier would be totally fine with paying extra for it to be included as DLC, and I wouldn't totally rule that out given the inevitability of DLC to tie together games set in the same region that are released in close succession and feature Pokemon that can travel through time (plus it's not like any game that starts doing DLC then turns around and says "you know what, we made a lot of money having you pay piecemeal for more content but felt guilty about doing it, so we're going to go back to releases where everything's in the main game").

Last edited:
For wild Pokémon encounters postgame, is the new stuff outwith the Sinnoh dex just in Ramanas Park, Grand Underground and the postgame areas (route 224 onwards, Snowpoint Temple etc)? Do swarms still exist, is there anything added to the Great Marsh, is there anything exclusive to the poke radar?

Considering the general theme of "It's Diamond & Pearl [with stuff on the side]" I imagine all the PokeRadar and Great Marsh encounters and so forth are exactly the same as in DP too
We saw Bidoof in the Great Marsh in the trailers. They were only available in there in Diamond and Pearl.

Do we know about trainer items? Wondering how many Full Restores Cynthia is packing.

Considering the return of the VS Seeker, are there any particularly useful trainers for levelling and EV training?

Last edited:
I don’t like the look of BDSP and I found ORAS a little weak, and ideally there should never be any significant cut content in these kind of remakes… but I was always fine with the Frontier’s removal and highly agree with GF’s reasoning for it: it’s a lot of resources for something basically no-one plays.

Like… let’s be real here. I won’t get into semantics about postgame content and having some kind of battle facility, because there is always a place for that; but for most people interested in that the Tower does just fine. Most other facilities amount to gimmicks adjacent to Tower and many are downright *annoying* at that with the RNG thrown at you. There’s obviously fans of those but they are in the minority and it’s hardly a priority for most people seeking something a game has to offer.

I feel a compromise could be made, mind — like I said many are just Tower-with-a-gimmick so you could put a couple of them in the tower as alternate rules to flesh the place out a bit. It should in theory be very easy to code in Factory as just “use rental pokemon” as an option, perhaps with a different boss character too.

But by and large I would consider the Frontier the lowest priority for things to keep, and honestly far lower priority than new content as well. I would much rather see a “Griseous Episode” or something than the Frontier in an alternate universe where BDSP was given reasonable dev time and resources, and I guarantee you most players would agree.
Yeah neither Frontier was perfect. Some facilities straight up stink. Tower, Hall, Factory, Dome/PWT/some kind of tournament, and maybe Castle or another oddity facility like Pike or Pyramid (except less...annoying. these are better on paper) would make an excellent Frontier though. I find all these to be fairly easy to get into? But you're right it's niche content and accessible PvP via online is the new post game challenge.

In more realistic add ons, they definitely should have expanded the Distortion Room to something more. It's cool Giratina gets a boss battle but it just looks like wasted potential rather than an entirely worthwhile addition at that point.

Last edited:
Considering the general theme of "It's Diamond & Pearl [with stuff on the side]" I imagine all the PokeRadar and Great Marsh encounters and so forth are exactly the same as in DP too
I thought so as well originally, but then I heard that all the swam, radar etc pokemon were in the grand underground so I thought they got removed from those features and moved to there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)