SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

are the remake teams really that cool or interesting? Don’t seem that much different than the PWT teams, at least in terms of difficulty. I mean you are of course entitled to your opinion but I see these kinds of teams as being they are minimum for what the game should have in the first place.
To me, they really do look that cool. Occa Berry Technician SD Scizor with Bullet Punch? I mean, what the fuck? Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking? Flint's sun team? Life Orb Magic Guard NP Alakazam? Paraflinch Serene Grace Togekiss?

These are basically PWT rosters except 31 IVs in every relevant stat (even the Champions in PWT only went up to 25, Gym Leaders only 20) and it's 6v6 instead of a 3v3 format like in PWT. I'm loving the thought of trying to construct a six mon in game team that can take down all of these teams. I see the PWT as the biggest attraction of BW2, one of the objectively best games in the franchise. This is an admirable attempt at least trying to recapture that magic.

But maybe that's as far as I should go, that this game has top 5 potential. I need to play it first and specifically test out the level curve before getting too carried away. I will say this is the first modern Pokémon game I'm actually excited about, and I'm strongly considering purchasing a Switch solely for this game.

I do! : D
Here you go!
I'm not 100% confident in the base reward money (pretty sure though - and at least if any one of them is right, they all should be P:), but all of the items are correct, and the AI should be, too (to the extent that anyone knows how to read it).
I left enough information their teams that you can tell at a glance what you're looking at, but obviously my other sheet is still more useful for finding detailed team information, and I do not have the energy to combine them right now XP
If this bolded part is true, I'm shocked the Ace Trainers have the same AI as regular trainers and not the bosses. In Platinum for example, those Ace Trainers did not hold back.

Siggu and R_N on affection: the linked post says they were noticing signs of affection bonuses before they got to Hearthome, FWIW! If they're right about this and that's accurate information, it can't only be because of walking Pokémon.
And....this is what I'm afraid of.

Siggu and R_N on affection: the linked post says they were noticing signs of affection bonuses before they got to Hearthome, FWIW! If they're right about this and that's accurate information, it can't only be because of walking Pokémon.
There's definitely something going on, because it's not as widely reported, we have footage of people around maylene without the bonuses at all iirc and we have footage of stuff in ramanas park with what seems to be a fairly normal team that didn't have the bonuses at all.

It's also a little weird to have affection by Hearthome in generally, since happiness takes so long to build up ... and even if it was, I would be shocked if it was already capped out to the point where you're getting the Crit bonus by Maylene

I dunno we're definitely missing some piece of this puzzle

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Apologies whether this has been asked but is there a full list of trades with NPCs? Curious to see whether that trade is still in and whether they've added any more ala HGSS.

Isn't Following Pokémon switchoff-able like in LGPE? That could be why people don't have any bonuses
The crux here is someone is claiming they were already getting affection bonuses before doing amity square and by the time they hit Maylene had, seemingly, gotten to the max affection bonus (crits) without following Pokemon (but having done amity square)

Ideally more people with the game should be able to look into this

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright, folks. here's the deal. The game comes out in a week, and I have room on my Switch for the full game including the day one patch (Let's just say that deleting "Fortnite" helped a lot here and leave it at that). I still have yet to do anything like pre-order the game or decide whether or not I would want it online or on cartridge, and that's because for the first time in my history of being a Pokémon fan, I genuinely cannot decide whether or not I want to get Shining Pearl (over Brilliant Diamond for the exclusives and because my first main series game technically was Pearl in the first place). The reason I'm posting this here instead of in the generic BDSP thread is because I was hoping that these datamines would help me decide, especially when that $60 plus tax could be spent on something else. (Make that $120 if I were also to get Legends: Arceus later.) I've controversially never been much of a Battle Frontier fan to begin with, and while that may change going forward, the other changes in BDSP are so 50/50 for me that I can't decide where the line between good and bad game design is. I'm willing to excuse ILCA as a company for a lot of this, but things like an improved battle tower and Ramanas Park just aren't enough to buy me over, but things like the Underground are.

I guess what I'm asking here is what some of you think in regards to getting this game if you were to be in a situation like me where:

1. I not only have all the Gen 4 games, but even multiple copies of both Diamond and Pearl
2. I already have a game budget plan for other genres (see me in "Congregation Of The Masses" for more details)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Here you go!
I'm not 100% confident in the base reward money (pretty sure though - and at least if any one of them is right, they all should be P:), but all of the items are correct, and the AI should be, too (to the extent that anyone knows how to read it).
I left enough information their teams that you can tell at a glance what you're looking at, but obviously my other sheet is still more useful for finding detailed team information, and I do not have the energy to combine them right now XP

The only four kinds of items used by any Trainer in the game are Potions, Super Potions, Hyper Potions and Full Restores, so you can Ctrl + F any one of those if you want to see who has them!
Or to answer your question directly, Cynthia has... four Full Restores in every one of her battles. o.o'

These are all of the Trophy Garden's post-Natdex encounters in the files:
Clefairy
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Chansey
Eevee
Porygon
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Marill
Azurill
Plusle
Minun
Castform
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Safari Zone Pokémon - there are a lot of duplicates here, but the data has all of them as one big list, so I don't know how they're divided up, exactly.
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Staravia
Marill
Azurill
Wooper
Golduck
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Quagsire
Bidoof
Bibarel
Wooper
Azurill
Roselia
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Staravia

this section is probably where the Natdex list starts, but that is conjecture on my part
Toxicroak
Drapion
Exeggcute
Golduck
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Yanma
Shroomish
Paras
Kangaskhan
Gulpin
Roselia
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Golduck
This is the same data but alphabetized and with duplicates removed, purely as a list of available species.

Probably pre-Natdex:

Azurill
Bibarel
Bidoof
Carnivine
Croagunk
Golduck
Marill
Quagsire
Roselia
Skorupi
Staravia
Wooper

Probably post-Natdex:

Carnivine
Croagunk
Drapion
Exeggcute
Golduck
Gulpin
Kangaskhan
Paras
Roselia
Shroomish
Skorupi
Staravia
Toxicroak
Yanma
Both of these are the special/daily rotating encounters, not the regular encounter tables for the areas - that's probably why the postgame list for the Great Marsh is missing so many main game Pokémon (they just removed the duplicates to make room for more rare and exciting stuff/so there's something out of the ordinary almost every day).
Nothing is version-exclusive - both games' tables are stored separately (the same is true for all of the encounter data, surprisingly!), but they are identical.
As far as I can tell, both of these are exactly the same as DP as expected (not Platinum and not altered at all to adjust for the Grand Underground), but let me know if anyone spots anything out of the ordinary!

Uh, some other oddities that might interest you in the encounter data!

- Every location still has Radar-exclusive encounters defined, though some of them are still Pokémon you can find in other ways. This includes areas where you couldn't use the Radar in the original games, which makes me wonder if it might have been expanded to work outside of grass like DexNav, but it's more likely that it goes unused - it looks like every area fills every possible encounter slot and absolutely nothing is allowed to be blank, and it seems like the ones where you wouldn't expect to be allowed to use the Radar just recycle data from the non-Radar encounters anyway, haha.​
- Every location has what appears to be data for swarms, but not all of those Pokémon are ones I would expect to be swarm-exclusives...? For example, there's data for a Camerupt swarm on what looks like it must be the exterior of Stark Mountain, but Camerupt is already possible to find in the grass there normally, and at the same level, too. I am not sure if these are used or what they're for, but it appears that every area has exactly two encounter slots dedicated to swarms even if there are no swarm-exclusive Pokémon in the area.​
Dataminer @Mattyoukhana_ posted this about swarm Pokémon now appearing visibly in the overworld (they're not functioning encounters/you still have to find them normally in the grass, but they are a cute and extremely funny visual indicator all the same), which is worth noting - if there were an ongoing swarm of Pokémon that were already native to the area, you would still be able to tell easily.
If they do actually use this information, it would certainly make the postgame overworld livelier no matter what swarm you got! but it would also substantially decrease the odds that any one swarm is something "useful" by adding a ton of "dummy slots," so my guess is that there would be (a lot) more than one swarm at a time in that case.​
That said, like the Radar data in areas without Radar use, the most likely explanation is simply that they were required to fill these slots and these duplicates will not actually be used. Swarms are probably pretty much the same as the originals and only called in the areas with unique swarm data.​
We'll know how it works soon enough, in any case!​
- Every location still has dual-slot mode encounters as if inherited from the originals, but I have no idea what these are for! They might be completely unused; one of the dataminers highlighted it as basically a funny sign of how true they stayed to the original source code, and it might just be a relic of the original DP...? but yeah, not only is this a complete encounter method, but there are actual unique encounters to it (the same ones as the originals - I even recognize the underleveled Gengar in the Old Chateau, haha)!​
I wonder if there's a way to access these, like through Secret Base statues or Slates, or if they really are just remnants of the original source code that were only indirectly ported over and ignored.​
- There's a column in the encounter data dedicated to what form of Unown is meant to appear, but it's set to 0|0 everywhere except Solaceon Ruins
Why is my first thought "they should have left a hidden message in areas where you couldn't find Unown normally" :<
Uh, all of this is to say there's a lot we don't actually understand about the current encounter tables, and not everything contained in the data is actually used - there's a ton of filler dedicated to filling encounter slots the game never checks, even for entire encounter methods we don't currently believe can be called at all that existed in the originals - so there are definitely some unknowns here!​

At a glance, in Shining Pearl, these are the Pokémon that appear to be possible to find by swarms that aren't also regular encounters in any area:
Absol
Beldum
Corsola
Cubone
Delibird
Doduo
Drowzee
Dunsparce
Electrike
Farfetch’d
Krabby
Lickitung
Magnemite
Makuhita
Natu
Nosepass
Phanpy
Pidgey
Skitty
Slakoth
Smoochum
Snubbull
Spinda
Spoink
Surskit
Swinub
Voltorb
Zigzagoon

Of those, only these do not appear in the Grand Underground encounter lists, either:

Dunsparce
Electrike
Farfetch’d
Makuhita
Nosepass
Pidgey
Slakoth
Spinda
Spoink

Those ones might still be swarm-exclusive!
Similarly, these are the Pokémon that appear to be possible to find by Poké Radar that aren't also regular encounters in any area:
Bagon
Baltoy
Ditto
Dusclops
Duskull
Flaaffy
Grimer
Hoppip
Houndoom
Kirlia
Loudred
Mankey
Mareep
Miltank
Nidoran F
Nidoran M
Nidorina
Nidorino
Nincada
Primeape
Ralts
Sentret
Skiploom
Slowpoke
Smeargle
Snorunt
Stantler
Sunkern
Swablu
Swellow
Tauros
Togepi
Torkoal
Trapinch
Tyrogue
Venomoth
Venonat
Vibrava
Wobbuffet

Of those, only these do not appear in the Grand Underground encounter lists, either:

Loudred
Smeargle
Stantler
Swellow

Those ones might still be Radar-exclusive!
anddd I don't feel like repeating the process for Brilliant Diamond's encounter data at the moment P: but I think it would be about what you expect
The only thing that stands out to me in particular is Stantler remaining a Radar-exclusive encounter; like in the originals, Stantler is exclusive to Shining Pearl and Kecleon is exclusive to Brilliant Diamond, but it just happens that Kecleon is in the Grand Underground (still Diamond-exclusive) and Stantler is not in either version. I don't think that actually means anything, though - just funny that Shining Pearl players have one more Pokémon they can only find with the Radar than Brilliant Diamond players. XP

Most notable new thing:
Here's an organized summary of everything I was able to glean from Kaphotics's mined data on Grand Underground encounters!
There are some notes at the top as to what is certain and what I'm not sure about.

EDIT:
Oh, right, also just... please admire this:

Source: @SHRetro on Twitter

For comparison with the original:

it's so beautiful ;-;
They even made it rotationally symmetrical just like the original map and divided it into roughly the same sections as before, while doing so in a cool and non-repetitive way (the layout of the map is symmetrical, but the contents and biomes of the rooms are not) and making the actual map completely from scratch instead of directly copy/pasting the layout like in the above-ground Sinnoh.
This is a gigantic, sprawling sandbox that's seriously way bigger than the trailers and official map made it look (the official map is beautifully rendered, but with how much bigger it made the caverns look, I thought the whole map was smaller in relation to them; it also completely missed the rotational symmetry of the map, which was a super satisfying reference that had me grinning when I noticed it) and it has an incredibly useful, PMD-looking mini map to aid exploring.
I freaking love this I cannot get over how fantastic it looks
Honestly dude, this work you've done to make stuff readable is awesome. Thanks a ton! I'll add a link to this post and to your Underground spreadsheet to the OP.

One minor thing, how to I read the spreadsheet going across? Do more Pokemon get added as you gain more badges? Until they are all available?

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Shaymin and Darkrai require a completed National Dex to unlock, do they? Interesting, did not know that. Wonder if the event trigger to obtain their items will be limited-time only or if it'll be made available indefinitely like Magearna's was.

Interestingly, I remember talking with someone about potential re-releases of the GBA games on the Switch or a future console and that was suggested as a way to incorporate the events into those games, similar to VC Crystal turning on the GS Ball flag. I doubt it'll happen but it's interesting to know they're thinking about it.

Alright, folks. here's the deal. The game comes out in a week, and I have room on my Switch for the full game including the day one patch (Let's just say that deleting "Fortnite" helped a lot here and leave it at that). I still have yet to do anything like pre-order the game or decide whether or not I would want it online or on cartridge, and that's because for the first time in my history of being a Pokémon fan, I genuinely cannot decide whether or not I want to get Shining Pearl (over Brilliant Diamond for the exclusives and because my first main series game technically was Pearl in the first place). The reason I'm posting this here instead of in the generic BDSP thread is because I was hoping that these datamines would help me decide, especially when that $60 plus tax could be spent on something else. (Make that $120 if I were also to get Legends: Arceus later.) I've controversially never been much of a Battle Frontier fan to begin with, and while that may change going forward, the other changes in BDSP are so 50/50 for me that I can't decide where the line between good and bad game design is. I'm willing to excuse ILCA as a company for a lot of this, but things like an improved battle tower and Ramanas Park just aren't enough to buy me over, but things like the Underground are.

I guess what I'm asking here is what some of you think in regards to getting this game if you were to be in a situation like me where:

1. I not only have all the Gen 4 games, but even multiple copies of both Diamond and Pearl
2. I already have a game budget plan for other genres (see me in "Congregation Of The Masses" for more details)
Personally for me, the reason I'm deciding to not get it is because it is not significantly better (or much worse) than what Platinum offers. Wrt to in-game stuff all you really have is following Pokémon, a few cute outfits, some Pokémon are fairy-type, there's a few threatening bosses and I think you can get Smoochum? So where I'm at is that none of that is near enough to spend my limited income on, even if it were half price. If I didn't have Gen 4 at all though, I might consider it; but you saying you've got multiple copies of both and you don't particularly care for the new major postgame additions... it's hard for me to say you should go for it. Like you said, there's other stuff you could be spending it on -- best case scenario I'd even say wait a few months until it drops by about $5 lol.

best case scenario I'd even say wait a few months until it drops by about $5 lol.
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a 3 year old port of a Wii U game from 2014, and I still regularly see it at $60, maybe $50-40 if I'm lucky. I'd say you're better off buying a used copy of BDSP than waiting for it to drop in price, unless that's what you meant in the first place

And yes I'm still salty DKTF is $60. Cut the price already

Honestly dude, this work you've done to make stuff readable is awesome. Thanks a ton! I'll add a link to this post and to your Underground spreadsheet to the OP.

One minor thing, how to I read the spreadsheet going across? Do more Pokemon get added as you gain more badges? Until they are all available?
Aaah, I appreciate that a ton!!! Thanks!! ;u;

And yeah, there are different points when more Pokémon are added to the available encounters! I tried to note them at the top, but I'm not sure how easy it is to read notes on all devices (if you're on a laptop, you're meant to be able to hover over the "Start / Strength / Defog / Badge? / Waterfall / National" cells to see more text about them!).
The notes in question (copied back from the sheet) are just this:

Start - This set of Pokémon is available as soon as you go to the Grand Underground, provided you can make your way to their areas (I have no idea which areas are available when, haha).​
Strength - This set of Pokémon becomes available after getting Strength, which can be found in the Lost Tower.​
The Lost Tower is a side area on Route 209, in between the second and third Gyms - you're not required to go there until later, but you have the option to get Strength and unlock this batch of Pokémon as soon as the first time you pass it by!​
Defog - This set of Pokémon becomes available after getting Defog, which can be found in the Great Marsh.​
The Great Marsh is a side area in Pastoria City, which is home to the fourth Gym, but you can technically go there with only two Badges. You're not required to go there at all (since Defog is an optional TM), but you have the option to get Defog and unlock this batch of Pokémon as soon as you get to Pastoria!​
Badge? - This set of Pokémon becomes available after getting a certain Gym Badge.​
The Badge here isn't referenced by name or by number in the code, unfortunately, so I couldn't actually tell you which one it is!​
That said, it's probably the fifth, sixth or seventh Badge; this set of Pokémon is intended to appear fourth, after all!​
Waterfall - This set of Pokémon becomes available after getting Waterfall, which is given to the player during the main story.​
Waterfall is obtained very shortly after receiving the eighth Badge in Sunyshore City, on the way to the Pokémon League, but you don't have to go out of your way - you can't miss it!​
National - This final set of Pokémon becomes available after obtaining the National Pokédex!​

Any cell that's colored in means you can get that Pokémon at that point in the game! (Let me know if you have any suggestions for how to make that clearer on the sheet itself!)
I dunno when the special Pokémon start appearing and they don't have data pointing towards any of the six groups, but I feel like I read someone saying that they got an underleveled Houndoom as soon as they made it to the Grand Underground, so I think they must be possible to find right away (hence putting them at the top of each section).

And... oof, sorry, I would like to answer the Honey question, but I don't actually know :c
The "Honeytree" file in the data says this much very plainly:

but... that's literally all I can find OTL
That part is consistent with the rates from DP (in the originals: "rare" trees were the four Munchlax trees, and "normal" trees were the rest; the first row is the more common set of honey encounters including Silcoon and Cascoon, the second is the rarer set of honey encounters including Heracross, the third row is Munchlax alone and the fourth is the chance of finding no Pokémon at all) - compare, from Bulbapedia:

... but either I am blind, or the datamined information so far doesn't include the actual lists of Pokémon found on Honey trees anywhere, so we don't know if those are the same :')
They probably are, and this tells us that the way groups are handled is likely pretty close to DP, but I couldn't tell you any more from what's available to me OTL

(Here are Kaphotics's files if they're of any use to someone! These are what I've been working from, but I have found myself better at making use of some than others, haha.)
tiny edit I messed up the images

Nintendo's policy is that their games are "always worth the same". They never drop the price from their first party games.
It's a miracle if you ever see a 10% sale.
Good luck even paying a cent off any of them without buying them used.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Here you go!

The only four kinds of items used by any Trainer in the game are Potions, Super Potions, Hyper Potions and Full Restores, so you can Ctrl + F any one of those if you want to see who has them!
Or to answer your question directly, Cynthia has... four Full Restores in every one of her battles. o.o'

Clefairy
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Chansey
Eevee
Porygon
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Marill
Azurill
Plusle
Minun
Castform
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Safari Zone Pokémon - there are a lot of duplicates here, but the data has all of them as one big list, so I don't know how they're divided up, exactly.
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Staravia
Marill
Azurill
Wooper
Golduck
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Quagsire
Bidoof
Bibarel
Wooper
Azurill
Roselia
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Staravia

this section is probably where the Natdex list starts, but that is conjecture on my part
Toxicroak
Drapion
Exeggcute
Golduck
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Yanma
Shroomish
Paras
Kangaskhan
Gulpin
Roselia
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Golduck
This is the same data but alphabetized and with duplicates removed, purely as a list of available species.

Probably pre-Natdex:

Azurill
Bibarel
Bidoof
Carnivine
Croagunk
Golduck
Marill
Quagsire
Roselia
Skorupi
Staravia
Wooper

Probably post-Natdex:

Carnivine
Croagunk
Drapion
Exeggcute
Golduck
Gulpin
Kangaskhan
Paras
Roselia
Shroomish
Skorupi
Staravia
Toxicroak
Yanma
Both of these are the special/daily rotating encounters, not the regular encounter tables for the areas - that's probably why the postgame list for the Great Marsh is missing so many main game Pokémon (they just removed the duplicates to make room for more rare and exciting stuff/so there's something out of the ordinary almost every day).
Nothing is version-exclusive - both games' tables are stored separately (the same is true for all of the encounter data, surprisingly!), but they are identical.
As far as I can tell, both of these are exactly the same as DP as expected (not Platinum and not altered at all to adjust for the Grand Underground), but let me know if anyone spots anything out of the ordinary!

- Every location still has Radar-exclusive encounters defined, though some of them are still Pokémon you can find in other ways. This includes areas where you couldn't use the Radar in the original games, which makes me wonder if it might have been expanded to work outside of grass like DexNav, but it's more likely that it goes unused - it looks like every area fills every possible encounter slot and absolutely nothing is allowed to be blank, and it seems like the ones where you wouldn't expect to be allowed to use the Radar just recycle data from the non-Radar encounters anyway, haha.​
- Every location has what appears to be data for swarms, but not all of those Pokémon are ones I would expect to be swarm-exclusives...? For example, there's data for a Camerupt swarm on what looks like it must be the exterior of Stark Mountain, but Camerupt is already possible to find in the grass there normally, and at the same level, too. I am not sure if these are used or what they're for, but it appears that every area has exactly two encounter slots dedicated to swarms even if there are no swarm-exclusive Pokémon in the area.​
Dataminer @Mattyoukhana_ posted this about swarm Pokémon now appearing visibly in the overworld (they're not functioning encounters/you still have to find them normally in the grass, but they are a cute and extremely funny visual indicator all the same), which is worth noting - if there were an ongoing swarm of Pokémon that were already native to the area, you would still be able to tell easily.
If they do actually use this information, it would certainly make the postgame overworld livelier no matter what swarm you got! but it would also substantially decrease the odds that any one swarm is something "useful" by adding a ton of "dummy slots," so my guess is that there would be (a lot) more than one swarm at a time in that case.​
That said, like the Radar data in areas without Radar use, the most likely explanation is simply that they were required to fill these slots and these duplicates will not actually be used. Swarms are probably pretty much the same as the originals and only called in the areas with unique swarm data.​
- Every location still has dual-slot mode encounters as if inherited from the originals, but I have no idea what these are for! They might be completely unused; one of the dataminers highlighted it as basically a funny sign of how true they stayed to the original source code, and it might just be a relic of the original DP...? but yeah, not only is this a complete encounter method, but there are actual unique encounters to it (the same ones as the originals - I even recognize the underleveled Gengar in the Old Chateau, haha)!​
I wonder if there's a way to access these, like through Secret Base statues or Slates, or if they really are just remnants of the original source code that were only indirectly ported over and ignored.​
- There's a column in the encounter data dedicated to what form of Unown is meant to appear, but it's set to 0|0 everywhere except Solaceon Ruins
Why is my first thought "they should have left a hidden message in areas where you couldn't find Unown normally" :<
Uh, all of this is to say there's a lot we don't actually understand about the current encounter tables, and not everything contained in the data is actually used - there's a ton of filler dedicated to filling encounter slots the game never checks, even for entire encounter methods we don't currently believe can be called at all that existed in the originals - so there are definitely some unknowns here!​

At a glance, in Shining Pearl, these are the Pokémon that appear to be possible to find by swarms that aren't also regular encounters in any area:
Absol
Beldum
Corsola
Cubone
Delibird
Doduo
Drowzee
Dunsparce
Electrike
Farfetch’d
Krabby
Lickitung
Magnemite
Makuhita
Natu
Nosepass
Phanpy
Pidgey
Skitty
Slakoth
Smoochum
Snubbull
Spinda
Spoink
Surskit
Swinub
Voltorb
Zigzagoon

Dunsparce
Electrike
Farfetch’d
Makuhita
Nosepass
Pidgey
Slakoth
Spinda
Spoink

Similarly, these are the Pokémon that appear to be possible to find by Poké Radar that aren't also regular encounters in any area:
Bagon
Baltoy
Ditto
Dusclops
Duskull
Flaaffy
Grimer
Hoppip
Houndoom
Kirlia
Loudred
Mankey
Mareep
Miltank
Nidoran F
Nidoran M
Nidorina
Nidorino
Nincada
Primeape
Ralts
Sentret
Skiploom
Slowpoke
Smeargle
Snorunt
Stantler
Sunkern
Swablu
Swellow
Tauros
Togepi
Torkoal
Trapinch
Tyrogue
Venomoth
Venonat
Vibrava
Wobbuffet

Loudred
Smeargle
Stantler
Swellow

anddd I don't feel like repeating the process for Brilliant Diamond's encounter data at the moment P: but I think it would be about what you expect
The only thing that stands out to me in particular is Stantler remaining a Radar-exclusive encounter; like in the originals, Stantler is exclusive to Shining Pearl and Kecleon is exclusive to Brilliant Diamond, but it just happens that Kecleon is in the Grand Underground (still Diamond-exclusive) and Stantler is not in either version. I don't think that actually means anything, though - just funny that Shining Pearl players have one more Pokémon they can only find with the Radar than Brilliant Diamond players. XP

Most notable new thing:
Here's an organized summary of everything I was able to glean from Kaphotics's mined data on Grand Underground encounters!
There are some notes at the top as to what is certain and what I'm not sure about.

EDIT:

it's so beautiful ;-;
They even made it rotationally symmetrical just like the original map and divided it into roughly the same sections as before, while doing so in a cool and non-repetitive way (the layout of the map is symmetrical, but the contents and biomes of the rooms are not) and making the actual map completely from scratch instead of directly copy/pasting the layout like in the above-ground Sinnoh.
This is a gigantic, sprawling sandbox that's seriously way bigger than the trailers and official map made it look (the official map is beautifully rendered, but with how much bigger it made the caverns look, I thought the whole map was smaller in relation to them; it also completely missed the rotational symmetry of the map, which was a super satisfying reference that had me grinning when I noticed it) and it has an incredibly useful, PMD-looking mini map to aid exploring.
Good to know you can get every regular mon somewhere, but the special moves are kind of lackluster. Still no idea on how to get stuff like Boomburst Chatot before HOME.
Nice job.

It does look like a good game, but is still at least 80% just DP, watch some gameplays on youtube or something to see if you can find something that make it worth it for you, because only you know what you are looking for, specially if nothing shown so far is enough.

Some details on Spiritomb -- basically it's the same thing of "talk to 32 people", but other players can't join your underground and you have to talk to 32 different NPCs down there; meaning it's going to be a very annoying task to get this thing

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qs8r4h
EDIT: and Feebas is the same encounter method too </3

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qs8oa1
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a 3 year old port of a Wii U game from 2014, and I still regularly see it at $60, maybe $50-40 if I'm lucky. I'd say you're better off buying a used copy of BDSP than waiting for it to drop in price, unless that's what you meant in the first place

Yeah I meant used (I can often find stuff about £10 off which for Nintendo stuff and my income is still significant). Expecting Nintendo to ever cut their prices is a fantasy

Here you go!

Clefairy
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Chansey
Eevee
Porygon
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Marill
Azurill
Plusle
Minun
Castform
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Staravia
Marill
Azurill
Wooper
Golduck
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Quagsire
Bidoof
Bibarel
Wooper
Azurill
Roselia
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Golduck
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Staravia

Toxicroak
Drapion
Exeggcute
Golduck
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Yanma
Shroomish
Paras
Kangaskhan
Gulpin
Roselia
Staravia
Croagunk
Skorupi
Carnivine
Roselia
Golduck

Probably pre-Natdex:

Azurill
Bibarel
Bidoof
Carnivine
Croagunk
Golduck
Marill
Quagsire
Roselia
Skorupi
Staravia
Wooper

Probably post-Natdex:

Carnivine
Croagunk
Drapion
Exeggcute
Golduck
Gulpin
Kangaskhan
Paras
Roselia
Shroomish
Skorupi
Staravia
Toxicroak
Yanma

Absol
Beldum
Corsola
Cubone
Delibird
Doduo
Drowzee
Dunsparce
Electrike
Farfetch’d
Krabby
Lickitung
Magnemite
Makuhita
Natu
Nosepass
Phanpy
Pidgey
Skitty
Slakoth
Smoochum
Snubbull
Spinda
Spoink
Surskit
Swinub
Voltorb
Zigzagoon

Dunsparce
Electrike
Farfetch’d
Makuhita
Nosepass
Pidgey
Slakoth
Spinda
Spoink

Bagon
Baltoy
Ditto
Dusclops
Duskull
Flaaffy
Grimer
Hoppip
Houndoom
Kirlia
Loudred
Mankey
Mareep
Miltank
Nidoran F
Nidoran M
Nidorina
Nidorino
Nincada
Primeape
Ralts
Sentret
Skiploom
Slowpoke
Smeargle
Snorunt
Stantler
Sunkern
Swablu
Swellow
Tauros
Togepi
Torkoal
Trapinch
Tyrogue
Venomoth
Venonat
Vibrava
Wobbuffet

Loudred
Smeargle
Stantler
Swellow

Most notable new thing:

EDIT:

it's so beautiful ;-;
Still not sure where Houndour is in all of this. It has special moves listed, but I can't find it in the encounter tables.

For Platinum dex Pokémon obtainable in the underground, here is what has not yet been found before postgame:-

- Porygon
- Eevee
- Yanma
- Tropius
- Tangela
- Nosepass

In addition, while Duskull, Rhyhorn/Rhydon and Gligar have been found; their evolution items have not -- so essentially, Dusknoir, Rhyperior and Gliscor are post-game. The Electrizer and Magmarizer are also exclusively held by Elekid and Magby, while Dawn Stone is exclusive to Pickup.

Also, from what I'm reading elsewhere; Porygon and Eevee are not in the Grand Underground period, post-game or not. And as noted before it seems Tropius and Tangela aren't encounters either.

For Platinum dex Pokémon obtainable in the underground, here is what has not yet been found before postgame:-

- Porygon
- Eevee
- Yanma
- Tropius
- Tangela
- Nosepass

In addition, while Duskull, Rhyhorn/Rhydon and Gligar have been found; their evolution items have not -- so essentially, Dusknoir, Rhyperior and Gliscor are post-game. The Electrizer and Magmarizer are also exclusively held by Elekid and Magby, while Dawn Stone is exclusive to Pickup.

Also, from what I'm reading elsewhere; Porygon and Eevee are not in the Grand Underground period, post-game or not. And as noted before it seems Tropius and Tangela aren't encounters either.
https://pastebin.com/BPfHvkv1

Tangela is listed here as a National dex pokemon

- Porygon
- Eevee
- Yanma
- Tropius
- Tangela
- Nosepass

I saw this too...which isn't looking great for the team building options for BDSP compared to Platinum, in all fairness and objectivity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)