SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Aw man...I would've loved to use Glaceon in this game in a playthrough as a part of my team.

Tangrowth and Yanmega really have it rough though. First they were finicky encounters at best in Platinum locked behind an RNG-based minigame which made them impractical (and Yanmega wasn't even good in-game) and now they don't seem to be available for a playthrough here.

Tangrowth granted isn't that much of a loss since we do have a handful of good Grass-types like Roserade, Abomasnow, and of course, good ol' Torterra, not to mention Tangrowth isn't really that great in the first place, but it is a shame indeed.

On the other hand, Magmortar and Houndoom are in BDSP so we're not too short on Fire-types this time around, no need to strictly rely on Infernape which is great for runs where I choose Turtwig or Piplup as my starter.

Looking through the entire encounter tables I can't find a single Pokémon pre-postgame that was not available in Platinum (so that Smoochum report was wrong, I guess?)

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a 3 year old port of a Wii U game from 2014, and I still regularly see it at $60, maybe $50-40 if I'm lucky. I'd say you're better off buying a used copy of BDSP than waiting for it to drop in price, unless that's what you meant in the first place

And yes I'm still salty DKTF is $60. Cut the price already
Walmart sells all switch games for 50

Looking through the entire encounter tables I can't find a single Pokémon pre-postgame that was not available in Platinum (so that Smoochum report was wrong, I guess?)
Smoochum is a "special" pokemon so it works differently and is more akin to the "set" encounters from SWSH's wild area

So if I'm reading this right, the new Pokémon pre-postgame amount to...

- Pinsir (Pearl exclusive vs Scyther)
- Teddiursa (Pearl exclusive vs Gligar)
- Smoochum

Right?
Seems like it, unless you can bypass checks somehow.

Poor Tangela, Yanma, Nosepass, Eevee, & Porygon.
I remember hearing about the Eevee gift, that aws post game I take it? What a weird Pokemon, of all Pokemon, to keep post-game

Losing Gliscor as a potential option is pretty huge as well.

Maybe I missed this - but why Smoochum of all things to be what appears to be, the only non-Plat dex mon available before post game in this game? Just seems incredibly random to me.

Maybe I missed this - but why Smoochum of all things to be what appears to be, the only non-Plat dex mon available before post game in this game? Just seems incredibly random to me.
Teddiursa and Pinsir as well, but those are Pearl exclusive (vs Diamond's Gligar and Scyther)

My guess is because it's part of the Electabuzz/Magmar/Jynx trio. If you're putting those two in even though they were postgame in DP, might as well put their third in?

At least you can kind of concoct a whoel thing with "its kind of the trio of elekid/magby", so they wanted THAT ONE to be available in both version

Teddiursa, who also wasnt in the platinum dex, is more confusing to me as a counterpart to Gligar since Gligar's counterpart is more along the lines of like....Skarmory or god maybe Delibird, while Teddiursa is one with Phanpy. I feel like you may as well have just put Nosepass there (& made Yanma the counterpart to Scyther).

At least you can kind of concoct a whoel thing with "its kind of the trio of elekid/magby", so they wanted THAT ONE to be available in both version

Teddiursa, who also wasnt in the platinum dex, is more confusing to me as a counterpart to Gligar since Gligar's counterpart is more along the lines of like....Skarmory or god maybe Delibird, while Teddiursa is one with Phanpy. I feel like you may as well have just put Nosepass there (& made Yanma the counterpart to Scyther).
It may be because Gligar and Teddiursa were both Pokémon found with Emerald in the dual slot in DP. I haven't checked, put perhaps the other two Dual-Slot Emerald Pokémon (Pineco and Shuckle) are version exclusives too?

Also, this was pretty helpful mapping the version exclusives to their respective counterparts:

Diamond - Pearl
Butterfree line - Beedrill line
Arbok line - Sandshrew line
Arcanine line - Ninetails line
Dewgong line - Slowpoke line
Scizor line - Pinsir
Murkrow line - Misdreavus line
Gligar line - Teddiursa line
Kecleon - Stantler
Electabuzz line - Magmar line
Tyranitar line - Salamence line
Seedot line - Lotad line
Mawile - Sableye
Zangoose - Seviper
Solrock - Lunatone
Rampardos line - Bastiodon line
Skuntank line - Purugly line
Dialga - Palkia Legendary Dogs - Legendary Birds Ho-oh - Lugia

Found it from this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qsdac4

Just a thought, but maybe setting up statues in your base can affect availability of species, in addition to making certain types more common? Is there anything in the code to support that or am I just coping? I’m just bewildered that this specific handful of Platinum Dex mons would get the USUM-Numel treatment.

Just a thought, but maybe setting up statues in your base can affect availability of species, in addition to making certain types more common? Is there anything in the code to support that or am I just coping? I’m just bewildered that this specific handful of Platinum Dex mons would get the USUM-Numel treatment.
None of these are as bad as Numel, at the very least. Eevee is at least a gift and should continue to appear in the Backlot garden with Porygon. Tangela & Tropius are in the underground post national dex. Yanma should still be in the Great Marsh post national dex.

You're probably just coping unless there's some greater mechanic, but I assume that the rooms the pokemon are associated with are how the statues actually function: get enough of some type/quality, and then that affects how the corresponding room turns into something.

Alright, so, with Ditto seeming to be postgame only, thereby stopping me from using Phione, that finalizes my team as Torterra, Kricketune, Ambipom, Magmortar, Toxicroak, and Lumineon, and my main version as Shining Pearl.
Is Magmortar not post-game either? Atleast the item that allows you to evolve it

Also, this was pretty helpful mapping the version exclusives to their respective counterparts:

Diamond - Pearl
Butterfree line - Beedrill line
Arbok line - Sandshrew line
Arcanine line - Ninetails line
Dewgong line - Slowpoke line
Scizor line - Pinsir
Murkrow line - Misdreavus line
Gligar line - Teddiursa line
Kecleon - Stantler
Electabuzz line - Magmar line
Tyranitar line - Salamence line
Seedot line - Lotad line
Mawile - Sableye
Zangoose - Seviper
Solrock - Lunatone
Rampardos line - Bastiodon line
Skuntank line - Purugly line
Dialga - Palkia Legendary Dogs - Legendary Birds Ho-oh - Lugia
Oh, damn; I didn't even notice that Electabuzz and Magmar were version exclusives. So in addition to the unavailable Platinum 'mon and items; Gligar, Scyther, Electabuzz and Magmar are all exclusive to specific versions now

Out of the loop here; what's the USUM Numel situation? All I can see on Bulbapedia is that it wasn't available in SMUSUM

Is Magmortar not post-game either? Atleast the item that allows you to evolve it
Magmarizer is held by wild Magby (and the same for Electrizer on Elekid). It's not technically postgame but it is annoying assuming it's still 5%

So are starters available in the Underground before or after post game? I'm wanting to use Torterra and Empoleon, along with Typhlosion as my fire type for the region.

By the way as people are building teams, I wanted to post this link again (I did on another thread):

https://generationsteamplanner.com/

This guy Ruxaroh has done a fantastic job of capturing all the potential options for each main series game, including BDSP. It's updated for BDSP based on the recent data regarding available mons before post game.

Some things you'll have to take with a grain of salt (like Gliscor) since we don't know everything about evolutionary item availability yet. But still, I think it's a fantastic resource for in game team building.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)