Tournament OUPL VII - Finals [Won by Valorous Valiants]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusien

"What do you think, Zach?"
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
A phenomenal tour season to participate in, I'd like to thank my managers Vkhss Piyush25 Dj Breloominati♬ for drafting me despite the last minute signup. I'm disappointed I couldn't come through in the finals, but I like to hope that my 5-3 overall record contributed to the team sufficiently enough.
I'd like to congratulate my fellow teammates on this major victory, it's been a turbulent couple of months, but we finally made it. Y'all all put heavy effort in, and the victory is extremely well deserved.
Props to the Loor's for their excellent record and the crazy enticing games in finals, as well as to the rest of the teams for putting in time to participate in this long tour, hope the experience was fun and entertaining games were had.

Take care, peace :]

Corazan

Crystal
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Congrats to the Valiants ! Really tough team with some solid players that became really good with time flying, enjoy it.

Kinda just wanted to write some stuff given the circumstances I've been in :

I'm sorry team for my mid performance, 4-4 is probably not what you expected but it's what I deserve. I was really excited the first two weeks to discover and play this gen again but then so much stuff at the same time happened to me irl that I slowly started to lose motivation weeks after weeks, I don't think I’ve ever had this much struggle to schedule and find time to play a single bo1 in my life playing this game. I'm convinced the issue was mainly the lazyness in the prep and I'm really sorry about it, esp knowing that we were one game away from the tie in finals. I've mainly signed up for this tour to see if I still got the flame to compete after like 1.5 year in this tier but the answer should be pretty clear now, my mind is just not into it anymore. I’ve also been a CG player only since 2016 but it’s the first time that the current gen we have now is just not appealing to me at all that I don’t even bother trying. I’m just personally not a fan of the route GameFreak are taking for their games.

Big shoutouts to my managers for buying for a solid amount of money, always been a fan of baloor and I’m glad to have met njnp, sorry again I could’ve def done better. Shoutouts to pdt, fakee, qwily and sirwing the UU gang.. I feel like we teamed up 50 times already, I wish you only good things in the future. Merci à Pheo pour les tests, c’est cool de s’être revu après 2022. Shoutouts to the rest of the team that I’m not familiar with but who kept spreading good vibes.

With all of that, I think It’s probably time for me to join my friends that I should’ve joined a long time ago already. See you around ! :)

Pheo

No supe que dia te olvidaste de mi
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
I came back on smogon after sad irl things just to forget and there was this tournament, I've seen an opportunity to play my fav tier and it was a great tournament, thanks Baloor and njnp for letting me play some weird teams during the tournament except in finals :blobsad:
Everyone in the team is really cool and there was a great atmosphere, QWILY and Thiago Nunes are the GOAT ( no latam diff )
Kinda sad to lose in final but if I speak abt stall player I'll be in big trouble tbh, I wanted to do my last melody with a win but it is what it is, kinda proud of my performance anyway.

Corazan j'espère que tu reviendras jamais sur ce jeu, kiffe ta vie tu lmérites et bonne chance pour tout la vraie wcop légende
Playing on smogon was a cool thing, I hope everyone will find smth cool on it
Adios

Last edited:
was kinda rooting for the downfall of the team that eliminated me but after seeing the reactions from the players that also 'just wanted to win' that kinda faded. had alot of fun playing this tournament and met so many people and got to watch many battles (sadly didnt get to play cuz of personal drama) but we go next year in sha allah

Vkhss

is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Feels really great to win the first tour I managed in , had lots of fun teaming with everyone and am glad I reached out to piyush to manage :boi:
Shoutouts
Srn literally a guaranteed win slot, it's criminal how low you went for in the auction and unsurprisingly dominated the entire pool , helping with everyone's prep , providing teams or just giving suggestions. I am so happy that you got picked for spl. Thanks for carrying sv goat

Fusien Thanks for signing up for this tour after overthinking about it for a whole week , regardless you were such a reliable teammate doing great in both sv and ss when needed and such a great team presence. Thanks for everything big man

Luirromen you've been popping off recently and every bit of it is deserved.Your games were so nice to watch , always making solid plays and securing the win. Thanks for securing us the playoffs and everything else goat

HYpertonix your teams are definitely something else, no one normal would dare to make the teams you made and you somehow make them work , that's the reason why your games were the most fun to watch . I am sad that tauros didn't work but glad to have teamed with you bro , also congrats on finding out you were an artist all along

skimmythegod I am sorry we didn't free you earlier but am glad we could always rely on you when we needed a sub. Thanks for clutching us 2 crucial wins vs 2 good players

myjava Michael Jackson of ss , even though you had a rough start you won us the games which mattered the most beating so many good players , your prep was solid , your plays were solid , thanks for everything goat , so happy to see you that you are finally getting recognition . Thanks for everything goat

Dj Breloominati♬ literally the most reliable person on the team , you can throw him in any tier and he'll win thanks for helping me with everything be it drafting , managing , playing u name it. Looking forward to see you dominate spl , good luck with everything goat

Tenebricite we knew we had to pick you up as soon as we saw your name in the pool of players , playoffs weren't so kind to you but thanks for getting us crucial wins during the regular weeks. Thanks and good luck with everything in the future brother

GeniusX even though sv wasn't your main gen you put in so much effort and clutched us both of the crucial wins in playoffs , in sm no one can match the heat of the plays you make and everyone saw the that in week 1 of spl or in the finals . Thanks for being there and goodluck with spl big man

Fc idk how this guy is so good dominated all 3 gens. The finals series was one of the best series I have ever watched , you got so unlucky yet you clutched us the tour making 0 misplays . Thanks for being such a reliable bo3 slot and good luck in spl big man

airfare very rough tour for you but it happens , regardless you don't know how happy and relieved we were when we bought you for such a cheap price during the auction . Thanks and goodluck in future tours bro

susciety even though you don't play either of these gens you provided scouts . Thanks for going undefeated and good luck in spl brother.

RaJ.Shoot good ol reliable , thanks for subbing in the first two weeks when the situation was dire. Thanks for everything and good luck for the future goat

Piyush25 thanks for agreeing to manage with me and carrying me through the selection process , couldn't have made this far without you . Literally the goat

S/o to Pinecoishot oldspicemike Skypenguin Pinkacross for helping us out , and huge shoutout to Saurav the great for carrying the whole tour on his back

Also a big shoutout to Exotic64 for being my best friend on this site even though we rolled your team twice this tour :woop:

Last edited:

Piyush25

is a defending SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Feels really great to win the first tour I managed in , had lots of fun teaming with everyone and am glad I reached out to piyush to manage :boi:
Shoutouts
Srn literally a guaranteed win slot, it's criminal how low you went for in the auction and unsurprisingly dominated the entire pool , helping with everyone's prep , providing teams or just giving suggestions. I am so happy that you got picked for spl. Thanks for carrying sv goat

Fusien Thanks for signing up for this tour after overthinking about it for a whole week , regardless you were such a reliable teammate doing great in both sv and ss when needed and such a great team presence. Thanks for everything big man

Luirromen you've been popping off recently and every bit of it is deserved.Your games were so nice to watch , always making solid plays and securing the win. Thanks for securing us the playoffs and everything else goat

HYpertonix your teams are definitely something else, no one normal would dare to make the teams you made and you somehow make them work , that's the reason why your games were the most fun to watch . I am sad that tauros didn't work but glad to have teamed with you bro , also congrats on finding out you were an artist all along

skimmythegod I am sorry we didn't free you earlier but am glad we could always rely on you when we needed a sub. Thanks for clutching us 2 crucial wins vs 2 good players

myjava Michael Jackson of ss , even though you had a rough start you won us the games which mattered the most beating so many good players , your prep was solid , your plays were solid , thanks for everything goat , so happy to see you that you are finally getting recognition . Thanks for everything goat

Dj Breloominati♬ literally the most reliable person on the team , you can throw him in any tier and he'll win thanks for helping me with everything be it drafting , managing , playing u name it. Looking forward to see you dominate spl , good luck with everything goat

Tenebricite we knew we had to pick you up as soon as we saw your name in the pool of players , playoffs weren't so kind to you but thanks for getting us crucial wins during the regular weeks. Thanks and good luck with everything in the future brother

GeniusX even though sv wasn't your main gen you put in so much effort and clutched us both of the crucial wins in playoffs , in sm no one can match the heat of the plays you make and everyone saw the that in week 1 of spl or in the finals . Thanks for being there and goodluck with spl big man

Fc idk how this guy is so good dominated all 3 gens. The finals series was one of the best series I have ever watched , you got so unlucky yet you clutched us the tour making 0 misplays . Thanks for being such a reliable bo3 slot and good luck in spl big man

airfare very rough tour for you but it happens , regardless you don't know how happy and relieved we were when we bought you for such a cheap price during the auction . Thanks and goodluck in future tours bro

susciety even though you don't play either of these gens you provided scouts . Thanks for going undefeated and good luck in spl brother.

RaJ.Shoot good ol reliable , thanks for subbing in the first two weeks when the situation was dire. Thanks for everything and good luck for the future goat

Piyush25 thanks for agreeing to manage with me and carrying me through the selection process , couldn't have made this far without you . Literally the goat

S/o to Pinecoishot oldspicemike Skypenguin Pinkacross for helping us out , and huge shoutout to Saurav the great for carrying the whole tour on his back

Also a big shoutout to Exotic64 for being my best friend on this site even though we rolled your team twice this tour :woop:
sarfaraz-ahmed-virat-kohli (1).gif

HYpertonix

OUPL Champion
had lots of fun winning this year's OUPL with the vals. suspect slot was rlly fun to build for while it lasted. s/o managers and TPP but special shoutout to Srn for being an invaluable asset. no way we could've done it without him. impending goat status for that man
8eelca.jpeg

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
ive really struggled to write this post over the last few days. im not going to lie, this loss has broken me a bit. I never really considered losing as a option but here we are. I went into this tour hoping to prove a point, i feel people look at my unfortunate official record thus far and write me off completely, while I do have excuses for a couple of those games, its still negative. I was at least hoping to change this perception some what by proving my ability in the prep part of game, which I feel I accel decently in as I feel most people don't really understand how much effort and care I do put into the game, especially when im motivated. But I feel I let the team down a bit. For a good portion of the season my health, physically and mentally, has been getting pretty concerning which led to situations where I may have missed things or was sloppy. If you know me well enough, I tend to superman prep which has not been the best combination with my current poor health in retrospect. Putting the tour before my health just because I was dead set on proving a point has proven to incredibly stupid to avoid posting further personal details. Even with me being sick we were winning which led me to believe I was going to plot armor the tour. The team had a great atmosphere and I am devastated that we couldn't bring it home. I full heartedly believed that we had the best draft in the tour and were going to win the tour from the get, I also feel this final was winnable for us as well. Though like I told my team at the start of the week, the valiants have a good of incredibly underrated players that have something to prove, which is honestly the most dangerous type of player. I feel we got out-prepped a decent bit and they just came ready to play in more games and we did not, which is really unfortunate but a deserved win from them. I don't intend this to come off as being a sore loser because like I said the Valiants came ready to play and I am very high on several players on their team but just wanted to post my perspective on the tour.

While i dont want to post extensive shoutouts, I do want to highlight a couple of players briefly. I love everybody I drafted and If anybody would like to discuss their time with me during this tour I will gladly respond, but I feel that it would be doing a huge disservice to these people as their manager if I do not give them their flowers. Given that a majority of the people I drafted are my friends, I am hoping you guys understand. first and foremost, I want to thank njnp for managing with me. it was hard at times because we are both working out stuff in our personal lives but i wouldnt have wanted it any other way or wanted to have managed with anybody else. your friendship and willingness to help me improve in aspects over the games has been one of the reasons I have not rage quit or lavos'd myself. Additionally, shoutout to our top records, QWILY Pheo Aislinn Thiago Nunes, all amazing players and without yall we would have not made it as far as we did. QWILY in particular really blew me away with his dedication to the team. Not only is 8-1 an insane record but he basically handled the dirty work in prepping the most of the SM games over all 3 slots. Obviously, Larry put in a lot of effort to turn his record around as well which I am also very thankful for but taking over the heavy lifting of the prep in my weakest of the 3 gens is beyond what I ask for out of any single person. My previous interaction with him was sort of negative (my fault) so I was reluctant in buying him at first but I am so thankful that skype and riv had convinced me in trying to lock him down to play sm for us before the tour even started. All the best in SPL dude, I am rooting for you to do well because you deserve it. Rookie of the year goes to Sirwings, he had told me on several occasions how much he wanted to play and after seeing his dedication in prepping and helping test it was hard to deny giving him his chance and he came out of the tour 4-2. Fakee also was extremely dedicated and was willing to play whatever whenever, his clutch win in semis to take us to tb will not be forgotten. Finally, I want to thank RoiDadadou and leng loi. While roi didnt play him providing scouts week after week saved me a bunch of time which probably helped my health. Leng played an insane amount of test games, offered a ton of help in sv when riv and i were busy, and also came out 2-0 in playoffs which was insanely clutch for team morale. leng had basically played third manager and her activity really boosted the atmosphere of the team and it wouldnt have been the same without her. Again if your part is too brief or your not mentioned here do not feel you were not valued, everybody provided something of value to me and if you dm me about it ill happily give you a personal glaze session in pms, I just wanted to save some time when writing this but I loved everybody I picked. I hope I was a adequate enough manager for most of you.

Corazan Pheo if this is truly both of your final rides on smogon, i am happy they were with me on the LOORS. i am thankful for both of your friendships, please dm me if you ever need to talk.

finally I just want to apologize to people that reached out to me (drafted or not) that I didnt end picking. I am all about giving new players a chance, there was so many of you that I wanted to pick but I just did not have the funds and theres only so many people that is reasonable to have on a team. I cried after draft because of how I upset I was when I was thinking about all of you. I understand how hard it is to get your foot in the door on this site and I wanted to help a lot of you with making your first strides. please continue to grind and sign up for tournaments, youll get your chance eventually and once you do please make the most of it.

again congratulations on the win valiants, much deserved.

Last edited:

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
ive really struggled to write this post over the last few days. im not going to lie, this loss has broken me a bit. I never really considered losing as a option but here we are. I went into this tour hoping to prove a point, i feel people look at my unfortunate official record thus far and write me off completely, while I do have excuses for a couple of those games, its still negative. I was at least hoping to change this perception some what but proving my ability in the prep part of game, which I feel I accel decently in as I feel most people don't really understand how much effort and care I do put into the game, especially when i care. But I feel I let the team down a bit. For a good portion of the season my health, physically and mentally, has been getting pretty concerning which led to situations where I may have missed things or was sloppy. If you know me well enough, I tend to superman prep which has not been the best combination with my current poor health in retrospect. Putting the tour before my health just because I was dead set on proving a point has proven to incredibly stupid to avoid posting further personal details. Even with me being sick we were winning which led me to believe I was going to plot armor the tour. The team had a great atmosphere and I am devastated that we couldn't bring it home. I full heartedly believed that we had the best draft in the tour and were going to win the tour from the get, I also feel this final was winnable for us as well. Though like I told my team at the start of the week, the valiants have a good of incredibly underrated players that have something to prove, which is honestly the most dangerous type of player. I feel we got out-prepped a decent bit and they just came ready to play in more games and we did not, which is really unfortunate but a deserved win from them. I don't intend this to come off as being a sore loser because like I said the Valiants came ready to play and I am very high on several players on their team but just wanted to post my perspective on the tour.

While i dont want to post extensive shoutouts, I do want to highlight a couple of players briefly. I love everybody I drafted and If anybody would like to discuss their time with me during this tour I will gladly respond, but I feel that it would be doing a huge disservice to these people as their manager if I do not give them their flowers. Given that a majority of the people I drafted are my friends, I am hoping you guys understand. first and foremost, I want to thank njnp for managing with me. it was hard at times because we are both working out stuff in our personal lives but i wouldnt have wanted it any other way. your friendship and willingness to help me improve in aspects over the games has been one of the reasons I have not rage quit or lavos'd myself. Additionally, shoutout to our top records, QWILY Pheo Aislinn Thiago Nunes, all amazing players and without yall we would have not made it as far as we did. QWILY in particular really blew me away with his dedication to the team. Not only is 8-1 an insane record but he basically handled the dirty work in prepping the most of the SM games over all 3 slots. Obviously, Larry put in a lot of effort to turn his record around as well which I am also very thankful for but taking over the heavy lifting of the prep in my weakest of the 3 gens is beyond what I ask for out of any single person. My previous interaction with him was sort of negative (my fault) so I was reluctant in buying him at first but I am so thankful that skype and riv had convinced me in trying to lock him down to play sm for us before the tour even started. All the best in SPL dude, I am rooting for you to do well because you deserve it. Rookie of the year goes to Sirwings, he had told me on several occasions how much he wanted to play and after seeing his dedication in prepping and helping test it was hard to deny giving him his chance and he came out of the tour 4-2. Fakee also was extremely dedicated and was willing to play whatever whenever, his clutch win in semis to take us to tb will not be forgotten. Finally, I want to thank RoiDadadou and leng loi. While roi didnt play him providing scouts week after week saved me a bunch of time which probably helped my health. Leng played an insane amount of test games, offered a ton of help in sv when riv and i were busy, and also came out 2-0 in playoffs which was insanely clutch for team morale. leng had basically played third manager and her activity really boosted the atmosphere of the team and it wouldnt have been the same without her. Again if you part is too brief or your not mentioned here do not feel you were not valued, everybody provided something of value to me and if you dm me about it ill happily give you a personal glaze session in pms, I just wanted to save some time when writing this but I loved everybody I picked. I hope I was a adequate enough manager for most of you.

Corazan Pheo if this is truly both of your final rides on smogon, i am happy they were with me on the LOORS. i am thankful for both of your friendships, please dm me if you ever need to talk.

finally I just want to apologize to people that reached out to me (drafted or not) that I didnt end picking. I am all about giving new players a chance, there was so many of you that I wanted to pick but I just did not have the funds and theres only so many people that is reasonable to have on a team. I cried after draft because of how I upset I was when I was thinking about all of you. I understand how hard it is to get your foot in the door on this site and I wanted to help a lot of you with making your first strides. please continue to grind and sign up for tournaments, youll get your chance eventually and once you do please make the most of it.

this post is probably written awfully and extremely corny to some but i am trying my best to write from the heart without crying but im still expecting to see parts of this copypasted out of context in some communities lol. again congratulations on the win valiants.
You were truly an amazing captain, and it was an honor both being part of the team, and discussing with you in DMs.
Hope you'll get all better, and I'm already cheering for a next time.

Until then, pal :bloblul: :blobtriumph:

1706832856340.png

ive really struggled to write this post over the last few days. im not going to lie, this loss has broken me a bit. I never really considered losing as a option but here we are. I went into this tour hoping to prove a point, i feel people look at my unfortunate official record thus far and write me off completely, while I do have excuses for a couple of those games, its still negative. I was at least hoping to change this perception some what by proving my ability in the prep part of game, which I feel I accel decently in as I feel most people don't really understand how much effort and care I do put into the game, especially when im motivated. But I feel I let the team down a bit. For a good portion of the season my health, physically and mentally, has been getting pretty concerning which led to situations where I may have missed things or was sloppy. If you know me well enough, I tend to superman prep which has not been the best combination with my current poor health in retrospect. Putting the tour before my health just because I was dead set on proving a point has proven to incredibly stupid to avoid posting further personal details. Even with me being sick we were winning which led me to believe I was going to plot armor the tour. The team had a great atmosphere and I am devastated that we couldn't bring it home. I full heartedly believed that we had the best draft in the tour and were going to win the tour from the get, I also feel this final was winnable for us as well. Though like I told my team at the start of the week, the valiants have a good of incredibly underrated players that have something to prove, which is honestly the most dangerous type of player. I feel we got out-prepped a decent bit and they just came ready to play in more games and we did not, which is really unfortunate but a deserved win from them. I don't intend this to come off as being a sore loser because like I said the Valiants came ready to play and I am very high on several players on their team but just wanted to post my perspective on the tour.

While i dont want to post extensive shoutouts, I do want to highlight a couple of players briefly. I love everybody I drafted and If anybody would like to discuss their time with me during this tour I will gladly respond, but I feel that it would be doing a huge disservice to these people as their manager if I do not give them their flowers. Given that a majority of the people I drafted are my friends, I am hoping you guys understand. first and foremost, I want to thank njnp for managing with me. it was hard at times because we are both working out stuff in our personal lives but i wouldnt have wanted it any other way or wanted to have managed with anybody else. your friendship and willingness to help me improve in aspects over the games has been one of the reasons I have not rage quit or lavos'd myself. Additionally, shoutout to our top records, QWILY Pheo Aislinn Thiago Nunes, all amazing players and without yall we would have not made it as far as we did. QWILY in particular really blew me away with his dedication to the team. Not only is 8-1 an insane record but he basically handled the dirty work in prepping the most of the SM games over all 3 slots. Obviously, Larry put in a lot of effort to turn his record around as well which I am also very thankful for but taking over the heavy lifting of the prep in my weakest of the 3 gens is beyond what I ask for out of any single person. My previous interaction with him was sort of negative (my fault) so I was reluctant in buying him at first but I am so thankful that skype and riv had convinced me in trying to lock him down to play sm for us before the tour even started. All the best in SPL dude, I am rooting for you to do well because you deserve it. Rookie of the year goes to Sirwings, he had told me on several occasions how much he wanted to play and after seeing his dedication in prepping and helping test it was hard to deny giving him his chance and he came out of the tour 4-2. Fakee also was extremely dedicated and was willing to play whatever whenever, his clutch win in semis to take us to tb will not be forgotten. Finally, I want to thank RoiDadadou and leng loi. While roi didnt play him providing scouts week after week saved me a bunch of time which probably helped my health. Leng played an insane amount of test games, offered a ton of help in sv when riv and i were busy, and also came out 2-0 in playoffs which was insanely clutch for team morale. leng had basically played third manager and her activity really boosted the atmosphere of the team and it wouldnt have been the same without her. Again if your part is too brief or your not mentioned here do not feel you were not valued, everybody provided something of value to me and if you dm me about it ill happily give you a personal glaze session in pms, I just wanted to save some time when writing this but I loved everybody I picked. I hope I was a adequate enough manager for most of you.

again congratulations on the win valiants, much deserved.
Hello, I came across your post this morning. Don't know you personally but wanted to share some things with you.

There's alot here I can relate to you on, especially the health portion. I'm currently in a situation where I feel as I'm putting the game before my mental peace and it's honestly not worth it. Your well being comes first always above anything else, making sure you're okay is the highest priority.

As for proving a point, I'm also a player that's currently negative and feel as if I have to keep putting up results in the tournament community to show people I'm decent. Although once I started focusing on improving myself and not what people thought of me, I became a much better player. Keep improving and working hard, good things will come

For this tournament, I followed semis+finals because your team beat the team I was chilling with in tiebreak. Your team did well, and the hard work you put in doesn't go unnoticed by your peers, and especially your teammates. Everyone has their MC arc eventually, and I'm sure with your attitude/work ethic you'll get yours.

And finally from one competitor to another, feel better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)