2008 Olympics

They named bolt after me, lol. Anyway, I loved watching the marathon, I sat down and watched the whole thing. =P

Kenya won, and set the olympic record, after this he is going for the world record. And to think, he is only 21 years old. I want to use his methods of training, to bad I don't have hot mountains in Connecticut...

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lame, I thought we'd keep third.. Was that total Medals or Gold Medals? Or both?

SEVENTH in total and tenth in gold.

Ugh. We need better athletes. China is just...ridiculous. Dx

Hey, at least we got the most in fencing. :D

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ah damn, they got us pretty bad in the end those bloody Russians.
I couldn't have said it any better myself. I thought we'd bagged third place.

China are bound to be good, there's over one billion people there so I'd be disappointed if they didn't kick ass at everything.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It is interesting to hear comments from dumbshits like France’s Minister of State for European Affairs Jean-Pierre Jouyet claim "their" (the EU) total of 87 gold medals indicates they are the "worlds biggest sport superpower, far beyond China and the US".

It would have been interesting to see just how many gold medals the EU would get should they be reduced to only one delegation rather than 27.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Presumeably they would get pretty close to the same number of gold medals. What they would lose by covering there bases they might pick up in team sports.

I dont really think USA could really compete with a combined EU team, they have almost twice the population, and much more wealthy, as the EU basically only consists of the rich parts of europe.

Have a nice day.

I'm very proud argentina did great in team sporst
Gold in footbal(AKA soccer)bronze in basket and fem hockey
USA did great this year in basket,teraing apart every single team,congratulations!

18 medals, 19th in the gold medal count and 14th in the overall count. (3/9/6).

Unless you stopped watching after day 7, that's hardly "not showing up".

Canada really disappointed me in rowing, except for the men's 8. I thought Adam Van Koeverden did the best getting that silver in the K1 500.

London 2012 has a budget less than a third of what beijing did for its opening ceremony.

I reckon it will be shit.

BY the way, how awesome was Michael Phelps? I don't think he's human

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
London 2012 has a budget less than a third of what beijing did for its opening ceremony.
And whatever money we do have will not go as far either.

However, it takes more than just money to make a memorable Games. Olympic spirit may have been found wanting by Chinese officials, but that was compensated by the overwhelming enthusiasm of ordinary people. For 16 days, they lived and breathed the occasion; compared to the hitherto often lukewarm and sometimes indifferent attitude of the British public.

I find it funny how most people in the world love the summer Olympics, and think the winter ones are just something to break up the long four years until the next summer games. And yet here in Canada, every single person I've spoken to thinks the opposite.

After missing most of the olympics to go on holiday and then coming back in the last 2 days and thinking, 'oh great we're third' then losing to russia I was disappointed. I did get a chance to watch some of Michael Phelps and I agree he isn't human. But I saw him interviewed after the closing ceremony when he'd flown to London to be at the celebration of London then being the 'official hosts' and he seemed to be really down to earth. Pun not intended. China didn't just cheat on the archery some of the few events I managed to watch were the, Gymnastics, where they entered a 14 year old with a fake passport, the womens Tae-kwon-doe, where there were some very biased judges, and the diving, with more biased judges. Also apparently the judges are supposed to be randomly chosen by a computer, but in the boxing at least 80% were chosen by an official. I think for 2012 we should scrap the current budget then do it in a field and spend a few billion on buying off judges. We should win and save money :D

I was impressed by the "redeem team" in the men's basketball, after so many years of america playing second fiddle.

I find it funny how most people in the world love the summer Olympics, and think the winter ones are just something to break up the long four years until the next summer games. And yet here in Canada, every single person I've spoken to thinks the opposite.
That's probably because your country is far more sucessful at winter sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)