2011 NCAA Football Thread

I think UGA can take down LSU as long as their defense comes to play and the offense doesn't turn the ball over too much.

Georgia has pretty good run defense and LSU isn't a really good passing team. If they can hold LSU to field goals like Alabama, I think Georgia can take this. Georgia has a much better passing attack than Bama.

UGA has a chance, but then again UGA hasn't really faced anyone of note since the second week of the season. We'll see what happens.

I think I now understand why Keenum isn't getting the Heisman. My bad for mentioning him. Real defense for the win, or I guess loss in Keenum's case (lol punny!). Now I just need Griffin to have a huge ass game today.

ugh this game sucks.

uga should be up like 14-0 but only 3-0. good thing lsu is having trouble moving the ball on offense (like i thought they would.. not to this extent though. 3 consecutive three and outs is great).

but lsu will probably score off a punt return or something.

edit: lol called it. even though he didn't score. review every td my ass

Well Griffin won at least. I think the only team that can beat LSU is Bama. Other teams had too many chokes/bad games throughout the season. No one can stand up to that D for the entire game.

Edit: Damn Ball was doin' all good and stuff. OK State is rolling like I figured. Lack of Broyles must have really hurt the Sooner offense.

Oklahoma State queries "is 41-3 against Oklahoma with 20 minutes left good enough for the BCS title game???" Answer - it should be!!

I really hope that the Oklahoma State steamroll is enough to propel them to the national championship. I really don't want to see the horrendous boredom that was the LSU Alabama game again.

On another note, Clemson got their act together and won the ACC. I guess inconstancy is their specialty.

Clemson's win was very unexpected. Now we wait to see if Oklahoma State will jump Bama in the BCS tomorrow. I don't think they will, but I am hoping they do. And Wisconsin's going to lose two Rose Bowls in a row.

Unexpected? It's the same Clemson team that opened the season 8-0. They had some struggles at the end of the season, but they were playing against an immensely overrated Virginia Tech. Consider that VT has only beaten one ranked opponent (@ #21 Georgia Tech) this season, and is only 3-2 against teams with winning records this season. It was a joke that they were ever ranked so high, but I suppose that's the product of winning in a joke conference.

Oklahoma State did exactly what they needed in order to jump Alabama, but it still might not be enough. Without a doubt, they will be ranked #2 in the computer polls, but that only accounts for 1/3rd of the BCS standings. In the two human polls, Oklahoma State will need a little less than half of the #2 votes to jump Bama. Last week, both polls ranked Ok State 5th.

I honestly think Alabama is a much better team, but I don't think an LSU-Bama rematch is good for the BCS system or for the fans.

It was unexpected in the sense that both teams were going in completely opposite directions before the game last night. Clemson's offense didn't do much in the last few games, but they pulled it together last night and showed that they are still a great team. Virginia Tech was definitely overrated, but I doubt anyone expected Clemson to blow them out like that.

Mainly I was highlighting that they only played 4 teams with winning records in the regular season (losing to one), which is especially terrible when you consider if the teams that they're playing also play the terrible ACC and still can't get to 7 wins!

Alabama is only 32 points ahead of OkSt in the coache's poll, and 18 points ahead in the AP poll. If the BCS polls vote similarly, it will be an incredibly close call.

2. Alabama (.942)
3. OKST (.933)

Now THAT is close.

Edit: WTF is VA Tech doing in the sugar bowl?
lol i'll take it.

i expected them to be in the chic fil a bowl with georgia or something lol. shows how much i know about college football :l

I won't even bother watching the championship, it'll be another snoozefest. And conventional wisdom would say LSU should win notably easier than the last meeting as it is a virtual home game for them. MSU and UGA I find intriguing. And the Fiesta Bowl.

Thankfully this will be the last year a Big East team ever makes a BCS game... Orange Bowl, what a joke!

I can't believe the VT made the Sugar Bowl ahead of Boise State AND Kansas State. Hell, even Baylor and Oklahoma should have made it ahead of them. Michigan was a good choice, but VT has done nothing to deserve a #11 ranking or a BCS bid.

LSU-Bama might be a snoozefest, but how about Oklahoma State-Stanford as a consolation prize?

LSU-Bama might be a snoozefest, but how about Oklahoma State-Stanford as a consolation prize?
Now THAT as well as Arkansas Vs Kansas state sound like good bowl games. I guess the Michigan-Ohio State logic's gone out the window in favor of rematch prospects. OK State was so close too after trampling Oklahoma.

I just don't like the rematch on principle, because LSU has already proven that they are a better team than Alabama, why do they need to do it again? I would have much preferred to see Oklahoma State vs LSU, although I do think that LSU would have won regardless. 100% expecting my Badgers to get rolled by Oregon in the Rose Bowl =/

hahhahahahahah fuck the BCS forever...hmm what can we do to keep Boise State out of a BCS bowl? what if we put Virginia Tech in it instead no one will notice right

putting them against a 6-6 team is an even lower blow than I could have imagined...this way if Boise wins it means less than nothing, and if Boise loses it "proves" how bad non-BCS conference schools are; this is the biggest bullshit ever, much worse than Boise/Houston or Boise/TCU

#15 v #23, #11 v #13 get BCS bowls...you mad Boise State????

I should stop watching college football, the BCS is such a crock of shit

I just don't like the rematch on principle, because LSU has already proven that they are a better team than Alabama, why do they need to do it again? I would have much preferred to see Oklahoma State vs LSU, although I do think that LSU would have won regardless. 100% expecting my Badgers to get rolled by Oregon in the Rose Bowl =/
Why? Oregon is undersized an fast. Their defense is nowhere close to TCU's last year if you want to go back to the Power vs Speed debate. I expect the exact opposite.

And Urban Meyer's first game as OSU's coach? He gets to beat down his old team :pirate:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Last I heard, Fickell was still going to coach the bowl game. Meyer is just supposed to be getting his shit set up and start working on recruiting.

I guess the Michigan-Ohio State logic's gone out the window in favor of the golden child SEC.
not watching it just sayin'

I am not going to watch a single bowl game except #1v#2 and #3v#4 I think. It may not be a very principled stand to still watch some, but I find sports important, so passing up an important event is hard for me. I will pass up the college I attended and loved since childhood (Texas) playing its bowl game in protest, as well as any miscellaneous games. I am very mad about Boise against a 6-6 team, and other various byproducts of this whole ordeal. A 16 team playoff would solve everything fuck everybody involved in running college football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)