2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Kinda feeling bad for Newcastle. They managed to score 3 in Manchester and in Arsenal, but they failed to gain anything from it.

Definitely didn't deserve this (especially the loss against United, Arsenal scored seven times so I'm sure.

edit: on the other hand, Arsenal scored seven times so that one might be deserved.

Well to be fair Newcastle gave up at 5-3. I was about to go off on Gibbs if we didn't manage a win. Now we REALLY need Walcott to sign that contract.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
despite nasri being a momentous cock end, what kind of girl's sport are we playing if that is a sending off?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
qpr (bottom of the league) have only conceded five more goals than man utd (top of the league)

wtf lol

i would like to see Neymar Messi and Ronaldo at united... but that won't happen :(
Strurridge is overpriced

and realistically we need a midfielder and cover for Evra... see if Everton will have a BOGOF on Baines and Fellaini ;)
and sell Nani and get Bale :P

I like Sturridge, I really thought he could be a top prospect. He is fast, strong, and looks to be a natural finisher. He did really well at Bolton and again at Chelsea when he came back from his loan, but since Torres was signed Sturridge has been shunted out of the side to accomodate him. Being left out of the side is probably down to wanting to play the 50m man and also probably down to Sturridge's sulking, he's reported to have a pretty inflated sense of self worth so he won't like being left out. No matter though, I still think Sturridge could be a top player and while 12m isn't cheap it's at least a better deal than 40m for Downing and Henderson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)