LC 2023 LC Circuit Championships - [Won by Eniigma]

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

art by grape tylenol

Welcome to the playoffs of the 2023 Little Cup Circuit! After 7 long tournaments, twelve players have risen to the top of the pile. Their efforts pay off here: a chance at winning the 2023 LC Circuit and being awarded with a ribbon
to prove their efforts. Winners from every qualifying tournament meet here, but only one can take the championships. Best of luck to all of our finalists!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SV LC tournament, which is locked to the Teal Mask (DLC 1) format for the entire duration.
  • Matches are to be played on PS, either the main or the smogtours server
  • All rounds will be a best of three in this single elimination tournament, and you are free to switch teams during your series
  • The tier is LOCKED as of this post. Any changes to the SV Little Cup tier will not affect this tournament
  • All matches must have their replays recorded
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • READ AND UNDERSTAND THE GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES FOUND HERE
  • VMs are the main thing that matters for activity. Read this scheduling guide.
  • tl;dr Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round (first 2-3 days). Do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent. No excuses.
  1. Eniigma - 1267 points
  2. Hacker - 1021 points
  3. Scottie - 766 points
  4. tazz - 683 points
  5. Kaboom - 629 points
  6. Acehunter1 - 590 points
  7. kythr - 529 points
  8. aleaniled - 521 points
  9. Sylveon used calm mind - 513 points
  10. HSOWA - 480 points
  11. Fc - 460 points
  12. JuanSG - 406 points

ROUND 1

1. Eniigma vs Bye

2. Hacker vs Bye

3. Scottie vs Bye

4. tazz vs Bye

5. Kaboom vs 12. JuanSG

6. Acehunter1 vs 11. Fc

7. kythr vs 10. HSOWA

8. aleaniled vs 9. Sylveon used calm mind

Top 8

1. Eniigma vs 9. Sylveon used calm mind

2. Hacker vs 10. HSOWA

3. Scottie vs 11. Fc

4. tazz vs 5. Kaboom

Semifinals

1. Eniigma vs 5. Kaboom

2. Hacker vs 3. Scottie

FINALS

1. Eniigma vs 3. Scottie

Custom PS Sprites made by Brumirage and kyledove

Deadline: Sunday January 7th, 11:00 PM EST (GMT-5)
Remember that replays are mandatory!

Last edited:

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Predicts bc its fun:

Eniigma

Hacker

Scottie

Tazz

Kaboom
vs JuanSG: Kaboom has been excellent recently, whereas many of Juan's results were in pre DLC metas. Juan is still an excellent player though.

Acehunter vs FC: I honestly have no clue, as Acehunter has been good in Indivs winning a recent one, and I'm unfamiliar with FC's LC but they have been amazing in other tiers and went far in the LC open.

Kythr vs Hsowa: I've not been keeping track of HSOWA's LC, but Kythr has been doing quite well in general, and is one of the top players.

Aleaniled vs Sylveon Used Calm Mind: I've not seen much LC post DLC from either, but both were quite good in pre dlc at different times. This could easily be an excellent match if both bring their A game

PigWarrior19

unmon connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
Predicts bc its fun:

Eniigma

Hacker

Scottie

Tazz

bye 1, 2, 3, 4 clean easily goated players

Kaboom vs JuanSG: Kaboom is in top shape rn getting top 3 back to back in ssnl and last chance and from his set with osh he’s super motivated to preform

JuanSG started with a bang getting top 3 in our first ssnl this year but fell off hard flopping in Lcpl as well as cancering lpl but he is still a fantastic creative player if he’s motivated he’ll totally take this but it doesn’t look like he really cares about circuit rn so I think it’ll be an Actwin for Kaboom or 50.1- 49.9 if they play JuanSG 2-1

Acehunter vs FC: FC is a fantastic player but they don’t play Lc a lot so their builder won’t be as strong however with how eccentric Aces builds are he might self goob with a metronome team or rest talk torb-K… and tilt the scale more in FCs favor

Ace had a bad Scl run but he did just win Last chance and personally from the games I’ve played against him recently he’s in top shape 65-35 2-1 Ace

Kythr vs Hsowa: Love my guy HSOWA but Kythr is just so good by far one of the best players on the site only people I’m not bolding him against is Hacker and Pap however HSOWA does have a decent shot of getting an upset he’s got some of the best fundamentals on the site as well and is incredibly creative 70-30 2-1 Kythr

Aleaniled vs Sylveon Used Calm Mind: get ready for a smolive or a fenniken Sylv is another phenomenal tours player that doesn’t have much experience in the current meta if they’re motivated to preform they’ll definitely make it close but if they bring something funny niled totally takes it

Aleaniled has been doing great this year great performances in everything Lc I don’t know them too well but I know they’re great I think this set will be close with Aleaniled slightly favored 55-45 2-1 Aleaniled

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)